Has Cav's DQ today cost him the Green jersey

13»

Comments

• Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    I find it funny when any of the guys (Wiggo, Cav etc) get abuse, speculation, "back seat" riding comments from the comfort of the commenters arm chair, or some kind of character assasination, when not one of those commentators actually knows them. A two minute sound bite after a hard days ride is not going to show anyone the real character of a person, particularly if it's not the first banal/stupid/annoying question that a rider has answered when they are sweaty and knackered, injured or have just lost a race. I don't care whether the riders are "nice" anyway. Who wants nice? I want them to be agressive, determined, inspriring and to believe they can win - that's how you win races. We should be supporting all out British riders, not slating anyone (particularly not someone so young and inexperienced with press attention) for some unintentionally hilarious comments, which in any case tend to add to the enjoyment and emotion of the race, not detract from it. I really did laugh out loud at Cav's comments the other day - it was great. It's all been excellent this year and really exciting to watch.
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    dmclite wrote:
    I stand corrected on the book FOAd but don't call me a dick for having an opinion.
    dmclite wrote:
    Pm received from dmclite: want to meet up so you can call me a dick face to face?

Haha, being offered out by what I assume is a spotty 15yr old because he assumed he was who I was talking to. I think you have just confirmed the comment was warranted tough guy.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Play nice you boys, we're all cycling fans here
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/