Anti Lance Bullsh1t Here Please

13»

Comments

• petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    Page one and two of this thread are worth reading. the rest I feel, I've read somewhere else on other threads. Just goes to show ,you can't mention his name without the same arguments coming out. Shame......... He has the same doctor as Michael jackson did don't you know. :)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    thats good you arrive at decisions in that way. i take what is personally for me a logical approach and look at the evidence, weigh up its validity then use that and my own assesment of situations to for my opinion. i never said anyone on here was wrong, it frustrates me that there cant be different opinions on topics. But LA will always throw up such polarised opinions, and thats a good thing as far as discussions go i guess.

but hey.... different strokes for different folks!

he's had three 3 years off racing and unless he maintained a brutal training regime on a bike, his fitness levels will have dropped severly...to then come back and restart and in his late 30s...can only lead to one conclusion-he is a talented athlete. He's a dickhead as well by the read of things, and has exploited a serious public health issue in an opportunistic way off a career in a sport where everyone doped and so he deserves the abuse he gets on here mostly-BUT he is a very very good cyclist IMO
  • Gobs
    Gobs Posts: 296
    I'm new to the forums, so in bullet point form please, why do people dislike him so much?

:roll:
  • dave_1
    Gobs wrote:
    I'm new to the forums, so in bullet point form please, why do people dislike him so much?

think my post above sums it up...1.exploited a cause opportunistically, 2.doped like they all did.., 3.has a will to power-defo US political ambitions, 4.is shit hot on a bike ( a fact which some on bikeradar really dislike)

These are the reasons people dislike him IMO
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    He was a winner, to some people that is unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    He was a winner, to some people that is unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He might also be a cheat, to most people that is unacceptable.
    !
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    He was a winner, to some people that is unacceptable!

Which explains all the hatred expressed on this forum for Cavendish, Bettini, Boonen, Nicole Cooke... Still don't let the facts stand in the way of an overused exclamation mark.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    johnfinch wrote:

Which explains all the hatred expressed on this forum for Cavendish, Bettini, Boonen, Nicole Cooke... Still don't let the facts stand in the way of an overused exclamation mark.
    Just give it time !!!!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    edited July 2009
    I hate him because he is an arrogant American (and I have an anti American bias being a anarcho communist liberal) who came over to Europe and stole our tour with a centrifuge and black socks

he is also a villain
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • (and I have a anti american bias being a anarcho communist liberal)

does that get you laid much? :D
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    (and I have a anti american bias being a anarcho communist liberal)

no but my huge dick and fantastic technique does
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    (and I have a anti american bias being a anarcho communist liberal)

no but my huge dick and fantastic technique does
    :lol: lmbo i hate him to cos hes a knob
    cheesy quaver
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    johnfinch wrote:

I'm not sure which forum(s) I've read this but in the last few weeks I seen it said the ''Cavendish is getting boring because he always wins' and Nicole is also boring having won ten National Titles and it's time someone else took the title.
    That may not be hatred but it shows the mentality of some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • dave_1

+ 1
  • timdanaher
    timdanaher Posts: 120
    Gobs wrote:

http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?titl ... _Armstrong

Happy to oblige.
  • Firecrakka
    Firecrakka Posts: 81
    Who's Lance Armstrong?
    Is he that guy that walked on the moon?
    Didn't he die recently?

What ever happened to bubbles the chimp?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I'm not sure which forum(s) I've read this but in the last few weeks I seen it said the ''Cavendish is getting boring because he always wins' and Nicole is also boring having won ten National Titles and it's time someone else took the title.
    That may not be hatred but it shows the mentality of some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't see anything wrong with that mentality (unless they're blaming Cavendish or Cooke for the lack of challenge, which would be lamentable).

Personally I'm always more than happy to see Cav win, but I'd prefer to see a realistic challenger for the bunch sprints. I just want a bit of tension and unpredictability when I watch sports, I can't see much point in watching a foregone conclusion in cycling, football or whatever else.
  • Unsheath
    Unsheath Posts: 49
    rockmount wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Just give it time !!!!

Since you started this thread for all the Lance bashers to 'do their thing', why are you hanging around here like a bad stench?
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Unsheath wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Just give it time !!!!

Since you started this thread for all the Lance bashers to 'do their thing', why are you hanging around here like a bad stench?
    Aah ! the classic schoolboy argument "you stink" .. :lol::lol::lol:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?