Anti Lance Bullsh1t Here Please

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    This thread would have merit if there was a Pro-Lance Bullsh1t thread too.

Then perhaps the fanboyz and the haterz could avoid one another...
  • This thread would have merit if there was a Pro-Lance Bullsh1t thread too.

that would indeed be a fine idea.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    This thread would have merit if there was a Pro-Lance Bullsh1t thread too.

that would indeed be a fine idea.
    Typical haters ... can't see truth for spite !!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12635422
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • GemmaAtkinson1
    GemmaAtkinson1 Posts: 161
    edited July 2009
    so im a typical hater?

you know nothing of me and this is exactly why i avoid posting and taking part in discussions on here. You seem to assume something about me without knowing anything about me or my interest in cycling.

Yes, I think armsroting is a bully, but where do you see me discrediting his 7 wins? im not a fan of the man. if you can see past a spiteful angry man and admire his personality then fair do's. I cant, i have a strong moral compass. I care less that he doped, but i hate his egostatistical and mean bullying approach. I hate the power he weilds. I dont hate his cycling or achievements and i didnt belittle those anywhere so kindly dont call me a 'typical hater'.

this whole thread was yawnsville from the moment you posted it. Clearly to garner attention and rile up the board. There are guys on here like andyp, kleber and iain who even though someone puts across a different view they will saliently and intellegently engage in mature discussions, unlike youself who just reverts to the ageold 'oh you guys are typical haters' BS namecalling

LAME.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I am also in that minority Dave, bizzarely there are knowledgeable posters on this forum who dont seem to be of the opinion that TDF winners have talent................i mean wtf ?
    Name and shame them then. Or have you been taken in by Fergus, I mean Dave's, ramblings on DNA where he tries, but fails, to twist his argument to make this very point?

Let's be clear, they are three scenarios to consider;

1. A rider trains hard but doesn't dope.
    2. A rider dopes a lot but doesn't train.
    3. A rider trains hard and dopes.

Most, if not all, recent Tour winners would fall into the latter category in my opinion.

Firstly i dont get taken in by anyones ramblings iive got my own views and it is that both you and Aurelio for starters have cast doubt on the talent reqd to win a TDF.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • rockmount
    oh and ps - i hate the guy. hes a uni-balled bully and pr puppetmaster.
    so im a typical hater?

you know nothing of me and this is exactly why i avoid posting and taking part in discussions on here. You seem to assume something about me without knowing anything about me or my interest in cycling.

Yes, I think armsroting is a bully, but where do you see me discrediting his 7 wins? im not a fan of the man. if you can see past a spiteful angry man and admire his personality then fair do's. I cant, i have a strong moral compass. I care less that he doped, but i hate his egostatistical and mean bullying approach. I hate the power he weilds. I dont hate his cycling or achievements and i didnt belittle those anywhere so kindly dont call me a 'typical hater'.

this whole thread was yawnsville from the moment you posted it. Clearly to garner attention and rile up the board. There are guys on here like andyp, kleber and iain who even though someone puts across a different view they will saliently and intellegently engage in mature discussions, unlike youself who just reverts to the ageold 'oh you guys are typical haters' BS namecalling

LAME.
    I find it hard to believe that someone so saintly could hate anyone !! :roll:
  • im not saintly... again, where on earth did i say that?

he riles me because of his treatment of others. Im sure i dont need to provide examples everyone is well versed in such occurances.

he IS a bully and a pr puppetmaster IMO.

but you see how i can say that without calling you names? how old are you ? :roll:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    MG, you may disagree with people quite a lot on this forum, but at least you usually make sense and take time to compose sensible arguments. This time, however, you're completely off-track.

When has anyone on this forum ever cast doubt on the athletic ability of Lance Armstrong? Or Ullrich, Basso, Landis... anyone who has ever finished highly in a grand tour. Find me one example of someone saying LA is not talented and only won the Tour because he cheated.
  • rockmount
    im not saintly... again, where on earth did i say that?

he riles me because of his treatment of others. Im sure i dont need to provide examples everyone is well versed in such occurances.

he IS a bully and a pr puppetmaster IMO.

but you see how i can say that without calling you names? how old are you ? :roll:
    Have you ever actually met anyone claiming to have suffered such treatment, or is your "strong moral compass" guided by hearsay, and internet Chinese whispers ??
  • well you see the thing is, when i read quite a few first hand accounts, ie more than one or two, i tend to think theres no smoke without fire.
  • rockmount
    I find it useful to experience the world, form my own opinions, and always take the word of others with a generous pinch of salt :wink:
  • thats good you arrive at decisions in that way. i take what is personally for me a logical approach and look at the evidence, weigh up its validity then use that and my own assesment of situations to for my opinion. i never said anyone on here was wrong, it frustrates me that there cant be different opinions on topics. But LA will always throw up such polarised opinions, and thats a good thing as far as discussions go i guess.

but hey.... different strokes for different folks!
  • He dropped Basso who was a doper.

He dropped Ullrich who was a doper.

He dropped Virenque who was a doper.

He dropped Pantani who was a doper.

And then many of you still think he is clean. Laughable.

You would have preferred the French doper?

Regardless of whether he was doped or not, he dropped them. Either way, he was the best rider, over and over again.

58 posts you have and only two of them have made sense.

You miss the point again. Do you think the media would be all over him if he was known for what he really is. Do you think he would have a disproportionate amount of camera shots when he is not likely to do well. Do you think that his name would be on the lips of people who no nothing about cycling excpet Lance.

you read all my posts? i'm....touched.. lol

you make your points, i'll make mine.

I could give a rats rear about the people who know nothing about cycling except Lance, (outside the good he does with the foundation).I'm a fan of the sport and I know the context in which he won.

So it's the camera time he gets that bothers you?

You are bitter and jealous that he keeps beating your guys.

He'll probably beat most of them again, and may come next year as well.

So relax or you'll give yourself a stroke.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Maybe the Bikeradar people should add a profile flag which declares pro or anti Lance. It could display as Realist (anti-Lance) and Head Buried up Arse Truth Denier (pro-Lance)

Seems a reasonable idea to me :wink:
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    oh and ps - i hate the guy. hes a uni-balled bully and pr puppetmaster.

That's just plain nasty. Don't think stuff like that should be written on this forum.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • you know what? your right.
    im sorry i called him that, its not a very nice thing to say at all, and for that i apologise.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Gemma I agree with your assessment on Lance.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    You are bitter and jealous that he keeps beating your guys.

He'll probably beat most of them again, and may come next year as well.

So relax or you'll give yourself a stroke.

Firstly you don't know who my 'guys' are.

Secondly and most importantly did you watch the stage today? one of my 'guys' showed why he is the best stage racer and my favourite rider. LA couldn't hold him so I am afraid once again you are wrong.

How many mistakes on your part will it take...I ahve wasted enough time with you now.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Firstly i dont get taken in by anyones ramblings iive got my own views and it is that both you and Aurelio for starters have cast doubt on the talent reqd to win a TDF.

I'm sorry but that's bullsh!t. I have never doubted that Armstrong has a tremendous amount of talent as a rider and trains damn hard to utilise that talent. I've been very impressed with the level he's shown this season, especially in the Giro and now in the Tour. I, for one, didn't think he'd come back to a high a level as he has.

I may have doubts about what else he does to get into that shape, but that's another argument.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    i don't believe lance could win a cat 4 race at hillingdon without blood vector doping
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I am also in that minority Dave, bizzarely there are knowledgeable posters on this forum who dont seem to be of the opinion that TDF winners have talent................i mean wtf ?
    Name and shame them then. Or have you been taken in by Fergus, I mean Dave's, ramblings on DNA where he tries, but fails, to twist his argument to make this very point?

Let's be clear, they are three scenarios to consider;

1. A rider trains hard but doesn't dope.
    2. A rider dopes a lot but doesn't train.
    3. A rider trains hard and dopes.

Most, if not all, recent Tour winners would fall into the latter category in my opinion.

yes, I am Fergus..you little banker :)
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    MG, you may disagree with people quite a lot on this forum, but at least you usually make sense and take time to compose sensible arguments. This time, however, you're completely off-track.

When has anyone on this forum ever cast doubt on the athletic ability of Lance Armstrong? Or Ullrich, Basso, Landis... anyone who has ever finished highly in a grand tour. Find me one example of someone saying LA is not talented and only won the Tour because he cheated.

are you serious ? of the top of my head aurelio comes out with that often what is it he says something along the lines of "he was getting his arse kicked all over france pre cancer" now with PEDs he wins the tour.

and two posts up this little beauty

i don't believe lance could win a cat 4 race at hillingdon without blood vector doping
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Gemma your feisty, blond, an underwear model AND you know about cycling.

I promise not to stalk.

Nearly forgot. LANCE is a bullying cumstain
  • rockmount
    markwalker wrote:

I promise not to stalk.

I was going to refer to you as markw@nker but I guess you hear that a lot.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    rockmount wrote:
    markwalker wrote:

I promise not to stalk.

I was going to refer to you as markw@nker but I guess you hear that a lot.

Not often Cockmount
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

are you serious ? of the top of my head aurelio comes out with that often what is it he says something along the lines of "he was getting his ars* kicked all over france pre cancer" now with PEDs he wins the tour.

Firstly, that's not a quote, even if you put it in quotation marks. Secondly, saying someone make an improvement due to PEDs is not the same as saying won the Tour purely because of PEDs.

Mididoctors comment - I dunno, kinda fits with the piss-take nature of this thread. Someone also said LA steals sweets from orphans and listens to Chris de Burgh. Doesn't mean they believe it.
  • I'm no kind of hater, i have no strong feelings about LA one way or the other; however, it does seem to me that he gets a disproportionate amount of coverage, (especially on ITV4). Now i'm not saying he shouldn't be mentioned - after all he's one of the leading riders, but there are talented interesting characters out there who don't get a look in.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    i'm not really arsed about getting involved in this thread, but i would love to know if all of the pro-lance camp have actually read all of the evidence against him and weighed up a balanced argument, or whether they have blatantly ignored everything that has been researched and written...

Truth is, nobody will ever know the truth unless he gets caught or he owns up on his death bed. Personally all of the evidence points to him having doped, yet nothing has come of it for various reasons...

I have to say this Tour has had an extra dose of excitement because of his appearance, and, if he does win, and passes all of the new indepth testing, then we'll have to hold our hands up and say well done...

Still not convinced that somebody could've been so physically super human to have beaten every single doper that were at the top of their game in previous years...

And for those of you getting personally abusive to each other... Why? Have a word with yourselves...
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

are you serious ? of the top of my head aurelio comes out with that often what is it he says something along the lines of "he was getting his ars* kicked all over france pre cancer" now with PEDs he wins the tour.

Firstly, that's not a quote, even if you put it in quotation marks. Secondly, saying someone make an improvement due to PEDs is not the same as saying won the Tour purely because of PEDs.

Mididoctors comment - I dunno, kinda fits with the wee-wee-take nature of this thread. Someone also said LA steals sweets from orphans and listens to Chris de Burgh. Doesn't mean they believe it.

Firstly i know its not an exact quote but its along those lines, what he is saying in no uncertain terms is he won the TDF becuase of PEDs, dress it up any way you wish but that the reality of what he is saying. I belive midicoctors quote gives you an insight into his thinking that he wouldnt win jackshit without PEDs no other way to take it really. So inconclusion without really trying thats two for you..............can i help you with anything else ?
  • afx237vi
    Not really. We'll just agree to disagree.