Stage 6 - Girona > Barcelona SPOILER

1234568»

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    I dunno, but I think Cancellara can go close to green this year, he'll be up there in the medium mountain stages, and he keeps finishing in the top 10, thereby picking up points.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    He lost over a minute in just 1k!? He must have slowed to a vicars pace!?

When the vicar's on the knickers, there , the rush is over as prematurity takes over as eyes, well, it's boggling.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    don key wrote:

When the vicar's on the knickers, there , the rush is over as prematurity takes over as eyes, well, it's boggling.

Nice collection of random words there. My favourite of the collection? Boggling.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    don key wrote:

Nice collection of random words there. My favourite of the collection? Boggling.

I'm pleased for you, really I am, an my mollusc.
  • jackhammer111 - banned
    edited July 2009
    Millar got dropped and lost time. A shame, such hard work.. out of the top ten now.

GREAT finish by Thor.

Great day for Astana again.

Why exactly?
    Zubeldia has dropped out of the top 10.
    Larnce didn't take yellow.
    A great day in terms of not crashing and that seems to be an Armstrong Tour forte.

I actually think, at one point, they were all working for Dave Millar.....

why on earth would they work for Millar? It's silly even mentioning Zubeldia and the top ten.

they drove the front.. controlled the gap.. managed the race.. made sure millar never got far enough ahead to steal yellow...only gave up the front at the end when the gap was no longer a threat.. and perfectly protected their top riders on wet roads.. how many crashes were there back in the pack?
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    I dunno, but I think Cancellara can go close to green this year, he'll be up there in the medium mountain stages, and he keeps finishing in the top 10, thereby picking up points.

You could be right there. I had been thinking that one of the lesser GC candidates could do a good job given the number of medium mountain stages where there should be a group coming towards the finish but which is unlikely to include the sprinters. Maybe Cancellara could be the man.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874

did seem to spread out all over the road and slow down coming into Barcelona... but i think it was just being prudent
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711

did seem to spread out all over the road and slow down coming into Barcelona... but i think it was just being prudent

Of course. I was only having a gentle jib at our Jack's one man love in.
    Prudent is the word I would use, also, rather than great. :wink:

The team that continues to impress me, are Liquigas.
    Curly finished 5th, today and both their "young guns" were right up there.
    Keuziger is one of the few who will enjoy riding in tomorrow's first class carriage, too.

Rogers comes in over 13 minutes down, but the last pair on the road were Kenny VH and Jonathan Hivert. No Skil in the rain? :?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    why on earth would they work for Millar? It's silly even mentioning Zubeldia and the top ten.

Why is it silly mentioning Zubeldia? He's finished in the top 10 in the Tour twice before.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    In the top 5 indeed (he use to be a great tick, he thinks wind is bad for the skin of the face, have you guys see a single attack of Zubeldia)
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • I actually think, at one point, they were all working for Dave Millar.....

Of course. I was only having a gentle jib at our Jack's one man love in.

It looked to me like both Lance and Levi were protecting Contador today.

I don't have a problem with that.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Why is it silly mentioning Zubeldia? He's finished in the top 10 in the Tour twice before.

Oh yea.. they hired him to win the tour didn't they.. lol

You're tweaking me right?

Odds are better than 50/50 that Lance, Levi, et al will be on more obvious support of Contador starting tomorrow, although there still may be some tactical advantage to keep Lance close in case something unexpected happpens to him.

On another note, just to have something else to talk about, will the break eat up all the sprint points tomorrow? My guess the break will be allowed onto the final climb.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Very interesting stage today and credit again to the Fernch riders for the breakaway.

Congratulations to Millar for his efforts in the last 30km. His tt position is great to see and the rtbf commentators mentionned its quality quite a few times.

Losing 81secs in the last km is a bit odd but then he must have been totally fried. Whether that was a good move by him I am not so sure. He was riding with Contador and co in the mountains in the CDL so he should have probably saved himself.

rtbf commentary is amazing - I learn SO much listening to them and they have superb guests with great interviews - for instance today it was Merckx himself! They are VERY good at picking out riders and naming them.

Menchov and Astraloza lost 1min so definitely not looking good. Poor Tour for Rabo - Stef Clements couldn't hold pace with the peloton today and Ten Dam crashed.

That Rogers crash didn't look too bad but it must have hurt him pretty badly as he came in 13mins back. He should be there tomorrow though: Thanks to all for your kind wishes. Feeling a very sore after todays crash but nothing broken. See you on the start line tomorrow.

Hincapie's twitter: Flated with 25k to go, came back to group moved to front then crashed with 20k to go. Never been so scared on the bike as I was today.

Is Bennati still injured? I was looking forward to see him challenginf Cav but he has been completely out of the picture.

By the way there is someone in the Katusha entourage who is following the Tour in their Bugatti : )

Pozzato is such a ladies man - he is already sending messages to Liz Hatch!: @Liz_Hatch il mio preparatore has the high calorie food pill you need. Hmm. And many other pills, too. I introduce you. "Oh Cecchini!"

From Di Luca's twitter: I do not believe Contador will succumb to the renewed force of Armstrong. What do you, my tifosi, think?

Congratulations to Thor - the names being touted were Boonen and Freire. Great for the Green jersey competition as it makes it all tighter. I would have gone for Valverde had he been in. Cavendish moved up a lot in the last 1km - very impressive.

Repeat of stage 2 of the Tour08 anyone?!
    DV356604.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • french fighter - rtbf commentary - is that an online one?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    For Kreuz' fans, his push at 500m was impressive, especially because it was unclear who or what for.
    muaioh.jpg
    Also look at the size of Thor...
    ae9jsm.jpg
    And where was Cav? Struggling the middle, together with Van Avermaet where they shouldn't be at 500 m. But he was there in the first group
    jzhnk.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I watch it on tv as I have French tv yet you can stream it here (it is probably restricted to France/Belgium though). http://www.rtbf.be/sport/cyclisme/tour- ... ideo-44156

Maybe you could find some links to just radio...

Alternatively, you can use a French eurosport feed.
    Contador is the Greatest