So what's he on now, lads?

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Tempestas wrote:
    And if he doesn't get blown away in the third week we will have a new thread called 'So what's Wiggin's on now, lads?' :roll:
    Who's fault is that though? Collectively, professional cyclists have consistently shown us that remarkable results are due not to hard work, dedication and commitment alone, but to the use of banned substances too.

I'm not suggesting that Wiggins is doping, but you can understand why many people raise questions when previously unheralded riders do well.
  • If you believe Lance is, was and always has been a fraud, then the sport is, was, and always has been a fraud and your favorite rider is just your favorite con artist.
    What a wonderfully succinct and accurate description of the sport of pro cycling.
  • aurelio_-_banned
    aurelio_-_banned Posts: 1,317
    edited July 2009
    Timoid. wrote:
    People here believe in Contador and Schleck and hold them against evil Armstrong.
    I would say that there is little to choose between any of these. That said there are some riders who deserve to be supported. Thing is these usually aren't the riders getting onto the podium. As Bradley Wiggins put it:

...These guys are looked upon as heroes to some young guys - but for me they're not the heroes of the Tour de France - they never were for me. I spent a lot of time in the group finishing an hour down most days and that's where the heroes are for me. Guys like Geriant Thomas, 21 years old - for the last two weeks I've watched him drag himself through the Alps and the Pyrenees on nothing but bread and water - for me - they are the real heroes of the Tour de France - not the guys on the million Euro contracts who are being done for blood transfusions and things like that.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... script.asp
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I'm clinging to the idea that some are better than others - Wiggins / Garmin seem to be on the right stuff, Sastre, Evans even as well as the like of Moncoutie who aren't up ther on GC. I don't know that they are clean. I just sense that they are, or at least are cleaner than most. Anybody who has excelled under Bruyneel / Saiz I have no faith in at all.
  • Why don't you read Floyd's book?
    I have no intention of putting a penny into the pocket of a proven doper and compulsive liar like Fraud Landis...

Have you got this report on your desktop?

http://www.usantidoping.org/files/activ ... 0(20-09-07)%20(3).pdf
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Timoid. wrote:
    People here believe in Contador and Schleck and hold them against evil Armstrong.
    Where's that then ?? ... oh yeah, cloud cuckoo land ... :lol::lol::lol:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    aurelio wrote:
    I have no intention of putting a penny into the pocket of ...
    I hope you don't keep your money where your theories come from ... that really would be dirty money ... :lol::lol::lol:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    JOKE THREAD MY ars*

Scouser - Let go and let God.

or in Scouse,

Calm down, calm down....
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • aurelio wrote:
    Why don't you read Floyd's book?
    I have no intention of putting a penny into the pocket of a proven doper and compulsive liar like Fraud Landis...

Have you got this report on your desktop?

http://www.usantidoping.org/files/activ ... 0(20-09-07)%20(3).pdf

Got it... I'll read it when I have Floyd's book. :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Don't agree with the comparision but the dialogue is well done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEXcTo4W7A&eurl=
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Red Wine ? Meant to be good for the blood.
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    andyp wrote:
    How many times do we have to go through this, if everyone in the field is taking EPO it doesn't equate to a level playing field. Some will respond better than others. LA appears to have been a good responder. Your point about some people being good at things and others not is exactly the same in this case!

The point remains that it was, and still is, against the rules so the 7 Tours he won were done so through cheating.

Andyp - you seem to know things with absolute certainty from your statements above.
    ?

Not only did he DEFINITELY take EPO (in your opinion) but he was also a BETTER RESPONDER (I take it you're a doctor with direct access to LA or you know someone who is and who can compare how all the other riders responded), and ALL of his 7 tour wins were achieved by cheating!

Whoa ... some claim. You sure about that since the rest of the world with all it's resources can't (and doesn't) reach the same conclusion?

I guess you might as well throw in the rest while you're at it;

- He's got a body double that races every other day for him
    - He's just lucky with his strategy (in fact he's just lucky all the time)
    - He knows a better doctor than everyone else in cycling
    - All his test results are 'doctored' (maybe his body double stands in again)
    - He had a heart transplant while he was in having chemo, oh and a new pair of titanium legs which don't get tired
    - His bike is better than all the others (oh yeah and his clothes)

And by the way .... if everyone was taking EPO it 'does create a level playing field' - that's what's called an 'average' by definition!!!!

Or are you suggesting again that LA was just an even better responder that the nearest best responder to give him such a massive advantage.

I'm sure you'll respond with yet more 'opinion' and no more facts (in fact I can't see one fact in your post!)
    [/list]

It's great to be .....
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    pjh wrote:
    andyp wrote:

The point remains that it was, and still is, against the rules so the 7 Tours he won were done so through cheating.

Andyp - you seem to know things with absolute certainty from your statements above.

I guess you might as well throw in

Christ, even I know that. !!
    The Doctors monitor his Cancer don't they !!
    His Charity is paying Doctors and Scientists for their Research .
    These Doctors are some of the best for the performance of Blood and Oxygen.
    These Doctors deal in very sophisticated DRUGS don't they.
    These Doctors arrange his TUE paper work that prevents some tests allegedly.

This guy is not on the same Playing Field and has no need for the same type of drugs because he is in the Hands of people monitoring his LIFE.
    What the hell do you think LIVESTRONG is.
    The name is telling you and the World he is strong and his Life is Good and he proves it by running a marathon and then making a comeback.

Oh yes his Doctors and Scientists are extremly pleased with their Acheivements so far.

Maybe Other Doctors have worked out how this "Miracle" has been achieved but are unable to acknowlege the proceedures just yet.
    Possibly because of their Oath or some Patents being applied for. (I said possibly)

Therefore he is a CHEAT and Very Dishonest with it.
    Don't tell me I hate him because like all Cheats I really Dislike them for being the Lowest of the Low.

The Man is just a Medical Freak. and unfortunately a racing cyclist that turned up in Europe for a couple of months for 7 years.
    He has not raced as much as this for 13 years and if he survives to Paris then the Doctors and Scientists will be more than overjoyed.
    You should have heard and seen the Bum in the 90's to understand the Vast difference and if someone had said he could win a TDF you would have been put in a Nut House.
    maybe that's where you people should be now, if you don't take your blinkered glasses off.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    deejay wrote:

What a load of codswallop - so now some of the world's best cancer doctors are in on top doping drugs for cycling. Yeah right ... I'm sure they have better things to do!

The world is an open place (medically speaking) and certainly as far as 'first world' countries are concerned.

"Hey didn't you know that LA's doctors are so clever, they're just cleverer than all those others doctors all over the world, and they have these secrets formula's that no-one else in the world knows about ... just so LA can win the TDF!!

Haha - I'm just about over my laughing fit and the sheer preposterousness (not the right word) of what you've said!

It's great to be .....
  • deejay
    --- pjh

You sarcastically asked, "He knows a better Doctor than everyone else in cycling"

I gave you some reasons.
    So wipe your sarcasism of your face, dummy.

But Keep Laughing because I enjoy the Joke at your expence.
    Now that was too easy, next.
  • deejay wrote:
    pjh wrote:
    andyp wrote:

This guy is not on the same Playing Field and has no need for the same type of drugs because he is in the Hands of people monitoring his LIFE.
    The name is telling you and the World he is strong and his Life is Good and he proves it by running a marathon and then making a comeback.

Oh yes his Doctors and Scientists are extremly pleased with their Acheivements so far.

Maybe Other Doctors have worked out how this "Miracle" has been achieved but are unable to acknowlege the proceedures just yet.
    Possibly because of their Oath or some Patents being applied for. (I said possibly)

Don't tell me I hate him because like all Cheats I really Dislike them for being the Lowest of the Low.

The Man is just a Medical Freak. and unfortunately a racing cyclist that turned up in Europe for a couple of months for 7 years.
    He has not raced as much as this for 13 years and if he survives to Paris then the Doctors and Scientists will be more than overjoyed.
    You should have heard and seen the Bum in the 90's to understand the Vast difference and if someone had said he could win a TDF you would have been put in a Nut House.
    maybe that's where you people should be now, if you don't take your blinkered glasses off.

am i having trouble with my sarcasm filter or is this nutjob stuff..

I've heard it repeated that not everybody is better with epo injections but have never seen a source for such a claim.

if you inject epo you will carry more oxygen to the muscles. all the time, every time. how does any rider not benefit from that?
  • pottssteve
    deejay wrote:
    pjh wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Just a minor point, but LA had cancer a good while back. In the UK at any rate they sign you off after 10 years from testicular cancer - if nothing's come back in that time you're probably cured.
    Steve
  • deejay
    pottssteve wrote:

The Doctors monitor his Cancer don't they

Just a minor point, but LA had cancer a good while back. In the UK at any rate they sign you off after 10 years from testicular cancer - If nothing's come back in that time you're probably cured.
    Steve
    I accept that point but, do we know for sure it is now Malignant and your word is "If" (such a big meaning, that word)

if you inject epo you will carry more oxygen to the muscles.
    Yes that's my understanding also about EPO injections !!

Question.
    EPO is the only way to get extra oxygen into the blood stream then. ??????

nutjob, maybe, but then his Doctors can answer that for you. (or you know the answer)
  • pottssteve
    deejay,
    malignancy is different from "cure". A malignant tumour is one which is dangerous. A benign tumour is one which is not an immediate threat (which is I think what you meant). Having been treated for a malignant tumour you would normanlly be "signed off" by the consultant after 10 years if there was no evidence of reoccurance.
    Steve
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    pjh wrote:
    deejay wrote:

What a load of codswallop - so now some of the world's best cancer doctors are in on top doping drugs for cycling. Yeah right ... I'm sure they have better things to do!

The world is an open place (medically speaking) and certainly as far as 'first world' countries are concerned.

"Hey didn't you know that LA's doctors are so clever, they're just cleverer than all those others doctors all over the world, and they have these secrets formula's that no-one else in the world knows about ... just so LA can win the TDF!!

Haha - I'm just about over my laughing fit and the sheer preposterousness (not the right word) of what you've said!

"codswallop"? Being from the U.S., I have little clue as to what that means, exactly,
    but I like it. For some reason it seems to hit the nail on the head of more than a few posters on this subject. Thanks for enriching my vocabulary.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Well done to Lance today.

3 1/2 years out and 37 bloody good ride.
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    Gazzaputt wrote:

You are Paul Sherwin and I'll give you five pounds to.....
    ...hang on, I might have this wrong.
    Did someone say St Bernard of the mountain today?
    neah, must have immagined it.
  • deejay
    pottssteve wrote:
    deejay,
    malignancy is different from "cure". A malignant tumour is one which is dangerous. A benign tumour is one which is not an immediate threat (which is I think what you meant). Having been treated for a malignant tumour you would normanlly be "signed off" by the consultant after 10 years if there was no evidence of reoccurance.
    Steve

Ok Steve, but if I understand your point then we still do not know the health of the man and if he is signed off or still being checked for benign cancer or even if it has turned Malignant again.

I got into this because I beg to differ with "pjh".
    I maintain that he knows better Doctors than everyone else in cycling, if only through his livestrong foundation and for other reasons that I posted.

The question of did he or didn't he take EPO have raged through the Forums for several years and nobody can prove a thing except that someone said this and this expert said that.
    My conclusion is he very well acquainted with the Medical Profession and more so than any other cyclist (unless the cyclist is in the profession) and there is far more to this subject than we know now.

I was wandering around the Continent for cycle racing and Business before the Bum even got here.
    I witnessed him at close quarters and heard him Bragging like young Pups do and he never matched the talk before his cancer.

So I would ask the same question as you did with this Thread, and say
    So What's He On Now. ????????
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    deejay wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    deejay,
    Steve

Ok Steve, but if I understand your point then we still do not know the health of the man and if he is signed off or still being checked for benign cancer or even if it has turned Malignant again.

I got into this because I beg to differ with "pjh".
    I maintain that he knows better Doctors than everyone else in cycling, if only through his livestrong foundation and for other reasons that I posted.

The question of did he or didn't he take EPO have raged through the Forums for several years and nobody can prove a thing except that someone said this and this expert said that.
    My conclusion is he very well acquainted with the Medical Profession and more so than any other cyclist (unless the cyclist is in the profession) and there is far more to this subject than we know now.

I was wandering around the Continent for cycle racing and Business before the Bum even got here.
    I witnessed him at close quarters and heard him Bragging like young Pups do and he never matched the talk before his cancer.

So I would ask the same question as you did with this Thread, and say
    So What's He On Now. ????????

Did you ever stop to think that "what's he on now?" is none of your business? Speculate all you like but I can't think of too many people who are obligated to tell YOU their medical history. Anyone out there want to fill "deejay" in on all your "problems"? Didn't think so.
  • yelkcerps
    yelkcerps Posts: 22
    Some of you lot are off your minds! The lad gets dope tested more than anyone on the planet. He's nearly 38 and putting up a bloody good effort. Give him a break and stop kidding yourselves. Just enjoy the race for goodness sakes!
  • Earthbound
    Earthbound Posts: 109
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Sluuurp!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    yelkcerps wrote:
    Some of you lot are off your minds! The lad gets dope tested more than anyone on the planet. He's nearly 38 and putting up a bloody good effort. Give him a break and stop kidding yourselves. Just enjoy the race for goodness sakes!

According to who? Oh, right... Lance Armstrong.
  • yelkcerps
    yelkcerps Posts: 22
    afx237vi wrote:
    yelkcerps wrote:

According to who? Oh, right... Lance Armstrong.

:roll: Where does all this resentment and bitterness come from? I could understand it if you were a beaten pro rider but come on.....get real, I think he has had a fair few tests and why would ne make it up?
  • Peakraider
    Peakraider Posts: 143
    Can we abandon, once and for all, this idea about tests.

Yes, he's been tested plenty.

Maybe, as he claims, more than almost anyone else on the planet.

But the many riders who have admitted to doping for years -- and were never caught by tests -- makes this point a total red herring.

Lance knows this.

So should any of you who repeat the... ahem... codswallop.
  • TarmacExpert
    TarmacExpert Posts: 204
    An interesting analysis here of climbing rates today:
    http://www.sportsscientists.com/2009/07 ... ellow.html

Apparently Contador's climbing rate was the fastest in the entire history of the Tour. Armstrong's, on the other hand, was rather more ordinary.