Stage 5 - Le Cap d'Agde > Perpignan SPOILER

1235»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bike Radar Pro tour pundit (like fantasy football) - nowt to do with the race itselff
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    the peloton effectively ripped its own legs off in the battle of the causeway...

the result is gesink is taken out of the game...

columbia are going to need recovery somehow.. Eidsel looked hammered in the TTT

Cav is going to have to settle for placings if he wants that jersey cos his team have expeded a lot of effort so far.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    what are PTP points, and why was the stage neutralised?

The Bikeradar cycling prediction game. There's a sticky thread at the top of the forum that explains all, and another thread where people post their predictions for the Tour de France.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Just showed a shot of Gesink with blood all over his legs.

Also, a hilarious scene where after Boonen set off after his wheel change, he had to swerve as a photographer stepped right in front of him and then the mechainc ran at the p.g. and raised the wheel as if to hit him and the p.g. moved pronto and flinched :D
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    the peloton effectively ripped its own legs off in the battle of the causeway...

Cav is going to have to settle for placings if he wants that jersey cos his team have expeded a lot of effort so far.

Cav's lead is already big enough that he doesn't need to have Columbia fighting for the stage win each day. He could just let break after break go and pick up minor points.
  • the peloton effectively ripped its own legs off in the battle of the causeway...

That the way I see it too.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    All for the cost of another potential ray of mountain sunshine, in Robert Gesink. He is officially out of the Tour.
    The Dutch answer to Frank Schleck. :(
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    afx237vi wrote:

Cav's lead is already big enough that he doesn't need to have Columbia fighting for the stage win each day. He could just let break after break go and pick up minor points.

yes that's what i mean by "settle for placings"
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    afx237vi wrote:

Yebbut his stated goal is to win stages. Green jersey, he says, is not as important. It's just a by-product of stage wins.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • afx237vi
    Eurostar wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Yebbut his stated goal is to win stages. Green jersey, he says, is not as important. It's just a by-product of stage wins.

But he already showed today that he's willing to sprint for 3rd place to keep the cushion of his green jersey lead.

Plus, Columbia also have at least some interest in the GC with Rogers and Kim Kirchen. Stapleton has to decide what's more important - more stage wins or a high GC placing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not interested in the green jersey??? -

Cavingreen.jpg

jolly_green_giant.jpg
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    afx237vi wrote:

You think so with Cavendish on 96 points and Hushovd on 70 points.

I had to smile yesterday when Columbia lost 41 secs to Garmin after their previous days efforts to gain 40 secs.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • deejay wrote:
    [
    I had to smile yesterday when Columbia lost 41 secs to Garmin after their previous days efforts to gain 40 secs.

They won the stage and punished all the other sprinter teams for not helping chace. Mission accomplished.