Tour De France stage 3

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ok I hope Lance has to retire this evening. This guy is a complete and utter conard and anyone who likes him is deluded and not a pure bike racer and supporter.

The Astana team was fined 65 Euros after failing to sign on within the specified time at the start in Marseille this morning.

The team was reportedly delayed by heavy traffic in the city center, but the organizers had little sympathy when Astana broke the rule that teams must register for the stage at least 20 minutes before the start of the race.

"How typical that this team were late. It is disrespectful to the public who came here just to see Armstrong," said race director Jean-Francois Pescheux. "The money makes no difference to them. We will ask the UCI to make the fines harder."

NOW GET THIS

More on the Astana fine ... and maybe why Pescheux was a little miffed this morning. Apparently the delay wasn't traffic related. The delay is reported to have been caused by Armstrong sharing a cup of coffee with actor Ben Stiller, who was visiting the Tour's VIP area here on Monday morning.

Armstrong had a cameo role in the 2004 movie "Dodgeball," a film I'm sure will rank right up there with "Casablanca" and "Citizen Kane" when future generations look back at the cinematic accomplishments of the first 100 years of film.

Info courtesy Velonews.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    South Africa has an official stream but UK doesn't. This country is just backwards:

http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/LIVE/de/s ... ideos.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    For you twitter lovers: http://tourdetwit.com/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Poor Marzio. Ms Tree will be gutted!
  • afx237vi
    Lance having a good old natter with his best bud Pozzato. "Remember that time I gobbed all over Simeoni? Good times man, good times..."
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    afx237vi wrote:
    Lance having a good old natter with his best bud Pozzato. "Remember that time I gobbed all over Simeoni? Good times man, good times..."

:lol::lol::lol:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Looks like they are going to be caught. 3:30 with 40km left
  • Ok I hope Lance has to retire this evening. This guy is a complete and utter conard and anyone who likes him is deluded and not a pure bike racer and supporter.

is this hogwash common here too?
    The Astana team was fined 65 Euros after failing to sign on within the specified time at the start in Marseille this morning.

The team was reportedly delayed by heavy traffic in the city center, but the organizers had little sympathy when Astana broke the rule that teams must register for the stage at least 20 minutes before the start of the race.

"How typical that this team were late. It is disrespectful to the public who came here just to see Armstrong," said race director Jean-Francois Pescheux. "The money makes no difference to them. We will ask the UCI to make the fines harder."

NOW GET THIS

More on the Astana fine ... and maybe why Pescheux was a little miffed this morning. Apparently the delay wasn't traffic related. The delay is reported to have been caused by Armstrong sharing a cup of coffee with actor Ben Stiller, who was visiting the Tour's VIP area here on Monday morning.

Armstrong had a cameo role in the 2004 movie "Dodgeball," a film I'm sure will rank right up there with "Casablanca" and "Citizen Kane" when future generations look back at the cinematic accomplishments of the first 100 years of film.

Info courtesy Velonews.

Oh my God!~~ :shock:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    any alternative to cyclingnews?
    it no longer works properly.
    exercise.png
  • afx237vi
    Three days in and the heat is already frazzling Harmon's brain. We just had our first animal impression of the Tour.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    TheStone wrote:

I thought that too, they've just moved it arse about tit.

Page 1 is now always the most recent entry and new updates appear at the bottom rather than the top. Had me puzzled for about the first hour.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    TheStone wrote:

I thought that too, they've just moved it ars* about tit.

Page 1 is now always the most recent entry and new updates appear at the bottom rather than the top. Had me puzzled for about the first hour.

It's not just that. Click on page 2 and it acts like the second from the start. Click on others and it's all random.

Plus, have they changed the people blogging?
    exercise.png
  • frenchfighter
    From the horses mouth:

Bob Stapleton, president of Columbia-HTC, said "Astana is the top favorite for the TTT. Anyone who believes otherwise is fooling themselves. I would put even money on Astana. I think Saxo Bank would be at 2-1, us and Garmin at 5-1 and maybe Liquigas at 7-1. I am taking money if you want to place bets!"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Columbia are doing a TTT on their own right now! Big splits!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Echelon time!
  • Cumulonimbus
    Crosswinds breaking the peloton!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Echelons!!!
  • afx237vi
    No Contador, but Lance, Popo and Klodi all made it :shock:
  • FJS
    Half the Skil team is in the first group.... Dutch windy conditions ;)
  • afx237vi
    Still 30km to go though. Gonna be a hard task for Columbia to keep it going til the finish.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Hmph Armstrong is in the group with columbia! But no real GC guys that I can see
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Kléber
    Interesting to see Columbia ride so hard, if the move doesn't work then they'll be knackered before the finish.
  • FJS
    Now... will we see Astana working on the front? at the back??

interesting times.....
  • afx237vi
    FJS wrote:

interesting times.....

Maybe both. Just saw Paulinho taking Berto to the front of the second group.
  • Kléber
    Exciting but can't see it working. Columbia are going to do a TTT against Silence, Liquigas, Saxo and Garmin.
  • FJS wrote:

interesting times.....

the astana guys in the columbia group won't do any work.

lance is in that group.
  • afx237vi
    Wait... where is Kloden? I thought he was in the Columbia group, but it might be Zubeldia.
  • Cumulonimbus
    I take it Wiggins has missed the split?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wait... where is Kloden? I thought he was in the Columbia group, but it might be Zubeldia.

OK, Klodi is with Contador.