Who really wants a PS3 Mountain bike game!!

RossOB
RossOB Posts: 82
edited August 2010 in MTB general
I have a PS3 and love riding my bike but have never seen a console game dedicated to mountain bikes!!

This really got me thinking: Why hasn't a mountain bike game been made, after all soooo many people ride bikes and have PS3's or Xboxs ETC.

Just wondering what other people thought about this..........
Giant trance x3

Comments

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    So.. erm what is a PS3? :shock:

Seriously.. console MTB game? No thanks...
  • RossOB
    I take it that you don't have one?
    Giant trance x3
  • dazoo666
    dazoo666 Posts: 37
    I believe mountain bike games have been produced before and they've all be a tad on the crap side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQB7M99SmmE

I've got a bike so do it for real anyways :D
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    RossOB wrote:
    Who really wants a PS3 Mountain bike game!!
    Err yeah I'd like one but to be any good it would have to be totally unrealistic or exclusively DH. I'm thinking aliens, lasers on the bars, mines on the singletrack etc.
  • fourcrossjohn
    fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
    only way to pull it off would be like if it wer like those old matt hoffamn ps2 games based on downhill and dirtjumps
  • RossOB
    OK i understand your point but that game looks unrealistic due to the fact that he is riding a mountain bike at 100mph ON THE ROAD!! haha

I think that nowadays the games makers could make it much more realistic and GOOD also add in all of the modern riders names and profiles, the courses they ride, the bikes and you have yourself a game worth playing!

For Raymondavalon:
    ...Its a Playstation 3, heard of that?
    Giant trance x3
  • RossOB
    yeh, like SSX tricky but with bikes and mud.....that would be good
    Giant trance x3
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    yer but most of us have cars and guess what ....... tons of driving simulation games

sure id rather ride a real bike than a virtual one but it would be nice to have the option fior those days wen you cant be arsed

the current generation consoles, xbox 360 and ps3's are so much better than the ps2 that a really good game could be produced that could follow the world cup downhill and 4x curcuit and do some wicked freeride events as well.

character creation, bike cutomisation, online play it would be fantastic :D

online crankworx festival anyone?????
  • RossOB
    yeh i completely agree....soo many car games and now with online play, it would be MENTAALL to be riding with against your friends and other random people, it has to be done!.
    Giant trance x3
  • lawman
    yep deffo, we could even have a bikeradar tournament to settle the sadesst person on here :lol: probably be me lol

start a petition to get a game made??????
  • RossOB
    i would if i knew how?

where can i do that, or a poll?
    Giant trance x3
  • jpstar
    jpstar Posts: 561
    anyone heard of Downhill domination? Its on the PS2, its not that fantastic buts its ok, and the bikes are realistic (ish) lol
  • RossOB
    yeh i have heard of it but i know on PS3 it can be much better
    Giant trance x3
  • lawman
    ive got it lol

its alrite but my ageing ps2 takes donkeys years to load it :(

yer a ps3/xbox game would be awesome because new content could be added at the start of every model year, or say around sea otter and the game would have enough stuff to last for ages.

we could start a poll just to see how many would be interested and then see if we could take it else where :D
  • Barkey
    Barkey Posts: 339
    why get MTB game, when you can go out on your MTB
  • RossOB
    alright well basically if you are interested in a Mounatin bike game.....say hello in this blog!
    Giant trance x3
  • lawman
    welll if its dark, wet beyond belief, snow up to ur ears etc then id like to atleast ride a virtual bike,

plus it raises awareness of our sport and i think it would a great advertisment for MTBing and could get loads more people involved

i understand that trail riders/xc racers or older riders might not see the point nut for us young folks it would be bloody marvelous :P
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I think I'd hate the 'unrealism'. But a good game is always a good game, and no game is realistic. So +1 for lazers and aliens and let's give it a go!!

Plus there's an arcade machine with a bike you have to pedal and lean. I've played it. It's rubbish. No zombies to dodge. House of the Dead everytime thanks.
  • lawman
    maybe a tony hawk style could work, have abit of freeroam involved in the game play????
  • delude
    delude Posts: 110
    Just wouldn't be as fun :?
  • RossOB
    yeh kinda forest free-roaming and bump in to people for challenges?!
    Giant trance x3
  • lawman
    yer then have big comps/ events after you've completed a set amount of challenges

my cousin works for a gaming company, i think its codemasters, who interestingly enough actually did downhill domination coming to think of it lmao, so ill see if i can get in contact with him
  • RossOB
    Yeh but driving a virtual car isn't as fun as the real thing but loads of car games are out!

besides, you don't drive your car 24/7 cause of petrol and you cant be on your bike 24/7 cause no one has that kinda energy LOL! So play the PS3 game!!

It would be insane, and try and put yourself in a younger persons shoes here...FUN FUN FUN :D
    Giant trance x3
  • RossOB
    That would be COOOL!
    see what he thinks of our MASTER plan haha
    Giant trance x3
  • lawman
    ill try have seen him for a few years but ill try and mention it to my uncle and see if he can pass it on. in the menat ime im gonna start a poll to see who would be interested
  • RossOB
    good idea
    thnx
    Giant trance x3
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    Biking games are not that interesting. It's a simple point - games that are fun involve you doing things you normally can't do, like neutralising a terrorist threat or winning the world cup in football, or driving a TVR tuscan into a wall.
    Making a game about something that is so easily obtainable defeats the idea. Why play a game about biking when it is more fun to just do it.
    There was a Matt Hoffman BMX game that was quite popular but that invloved you doing tricks that only pros were able to pull off. What would you do in a DH game? ride a bit faster?
    Not really active
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Dont tell me that if there was a home made MTB game where you actually had to sit on a mock up bike at home (think along the lines of Wifit here) and cycle your way to victory we wouldnt all go out and buy it cause we would! End of!
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    Mr Wu wrote:
    Dont tell me that if there was a home made MTB game where you actually had to sit on a mock up bike at home (think along the lines of Wifit here) and cycle your way to victory we wouldnt all go out and buy it cause we would! End of!

There is one, I rode it at Bike Radar Live. Surprisingly good actually, resistance increased as you went up hills, etc - think it was by a company called Trixter. It's £6000 though, I'd rather buy a couple of bikes and a holiday to the alps...

I actually make games for a living, I've yet to convince anyone that my cross-country mountain biking game where you have to flee/avoid zombies/bears/zombie bears is a good idea though. Bloody philistines!
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    Anyone remember Road Rash? Motorcycle racing but with the added bonus of being able to take other riders out with chains, bottles, baseball bats etc?

'Take that Sam Hill' yelled Peaty as he rode pass baseball bat ready to be rammed into the Aussie's front wheel.

I hate computer games but could be tempted with the above scenario.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)