Cunego's ongoing comments

124»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    LOL that is fantastic! Just shows what a little man Lance is. Also the question that springs to mind is why does he feel it necessary to question Cunego. Well that is easy to answer - he is a doper through and through.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • If true - and I don't know why Dean would make that up and risk a talking to of his own - why did LA feel the need to do and say that? What was his motivation?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    If true - and I don't know why Dean would make that up and risk a talking to of his own - why did LA feel the need to do and say that? What was his motivation?

people are starting to take the P++S out of him from with in the bunch

frankly I think he is losing it (LA)... riding better than I thought he would.. just not sure he is riding as well as he thought he would.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I read a small thing in the Nazi earlier in the week that said the the Belgian weightlifting championships had to be cancelled when all the competitors fled when the anti-doping officials arrived!
    An official said something along the lines of we knew there was a problem in the sport but not quite how bad it was.

Of course, only cyclists dope, don't they?
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Cunego and Armstrong had a bit of a disagreement last year over whether Cunego was a Tour contender or not

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/to ... unego_jul7
  • Disagreeing about Tour winning capabilities is one thing, this seems to be something else.

Anywho, is it just me or is Cunego turing into Greg Lemond.........?!
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    Disagreeing about Tour winning capabilities is one thing, this seems to be something else.

Anywho, is it just me or is Cunego turing into Greg Lemond.........?!

So there is hope for him afterfall.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cunego and Armstrong came in together today, along with Popovych, a minute down on the leaders. Wonder if they buried their differences and worked together to limit the time gap.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Cunego and Armstrong came in together today, along with Popovych, a minute down on the leaders. Wonder if they buried their differences and worked together to limit the time gap.

What for? None of them are in contention for anything.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Yes, but it was a long way to the finish from the top of the climb so if they hadnt been working at all then i would have thought they would have finished further back. Ok they arent really in it on GC but maybe they are trying to keep fairly high so that they have a chance of getting a decent finish if things go their way. If they were close to the GC group then the Astana boys may have tried to be getting back on to support Levi (although Navarro was there).

Just surprised they didnt finish further back, thats all. Maybe the lead group wasnt really going that fast
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:

Who knows but they did seem to work together.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Who knows but they did seem to work together.

Can't see how that's anything meaningful.

Cunego's not pointing anything at Armstrong - after all, they're getting dropped together.

Maybe he was just trying to crush the little prince anyway :P.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    alanmcn1 wrote:
    Anyone who doesn't think DDL is riding a la chicken/vino/schummacher is deluded!![/quo

totally agree. rides people off his wheel and then looks fresh as paint at end of the stage!!!