RPCC Ride - May Bank Hol Weekend

Comments

• VinceEager
    VinceEager Posts: 247
    Brocade wrote:
    That would be great. Shall we meet at 730am corner of Ladbroke Grove and Kensington Park gardens ? About 7 miles from there down to Richmond.
    VinceEager wrote:
    Brocade wrote:

Can I please trouble someone for a google map link to the meet-up point at 8am ? I'm riding down from Notting Hill.

Thanks

i'll can ride through notting hill on my way to richmond pk - that route would take me along westbourne grove - left onto ladbrook grove - then right onto holland pk avenue own to shepherd's bush green.
    if you like I can pick you up on the way..?

ok coolio. see you then. :)
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    felgen wrote:
    chrisw28 wrote:
    It'd be good to get at least 5-6 people up for the CCC, it'd make the ride a bit of a laugh - Al, Mykee, Bongolian,Wilf and Vince are all good to go (8am start at Richmond gate). Any other takers? GO ON ITS FUN! 8)
    Miguel called me tuesday. he is keen for a ride this weekend, and can make saturday. I will let him know of the plans

A strong man to help with the load.

Felgen - feel free to give him my mobile, just in case.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Sorry to have been missing since my one and only RPCC ride. All the usual excuses and a few more.
    However, I'm really keen to join for the CCC ride and help to keep the (moving) average above 20.
    Not necessarily the best prep for the Fred, but it could serve to 'pre-exhaust' the legs before some hills on Sunday (Winterfold repeats?).
    Could I pm someone to get a mobile number? Wilf/Rich?
    The weather forecast looks good. In fact I'm salivating already....

Thanks as ever for the proactivity in this thread and the willingness to take on unfaithful allcomers.

Nick
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Hey Nick - will PM you my mobile, but I'm still not 100% certain if I'm coming yet (depends how heavy Friday night gets and whether or not I need to pick up my nice wheels!).

Good to know there's a couple of fellow Fred folk up for the CCC - makes me feel less like I'm over-doing it if I do decide to come along! :wink::lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    i do apologise but this is off topic & wont happen again :wink:
    Gez, I love you like a brother, but MY GOD MAN GIVE IT A REST!! :lol: :roll:
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Roll call so far for the CCC epic looks like:
    Mykee, Bongolian,Wilf, Vince, RedGreenBaron and me
    1/2 Route: Brocade
    Mibaes: Rich and Chris
    Meeting Point: Richmond Gate, 8am.

Weather looking perfect 8)
  • Rich-Ti

Don't forget Fuji Mackers for half route too.

Should be a good turnout then - might lay off the booze... 8)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    phips wrote:

Soooo jealous. I'd love to be coming along folks :(

Have a great ride.

Am too jealous. I am more likely to return from my sojourn a kg heavier and less fit. Wonder if I can get out of the trip by telling the missus I am ill (isn't there a flu going around?) and need to stay in London to recover :)
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347

Yep keen as mustard, will probably be my first ride over here with full pressure tires after buying a track pump (yest I've ridding for 12 months on a mini pum :roll: p), and even went out today and splurged on a power bar and glucose gel to start my on wheels dietary experiment in readiness for Fray Bentos. :D

The long grazed legged one
  • naked_ollie
    naked_ollie Posts: 123

I'd like to do the 1/2 route too Brocade. Ideally I'd like to get back to RP by about 11.00 so if that suits we could stick together.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Rich-Ti wrote:

WHAT ?????? WHAT HAVE I DONE ???????? :cry::cry::wink::cry:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    WHAT ?????? WHAT HAVE I DONE ???????? :cry::cry::wink::cry:
    Start your own thread if you wanna bang on about the Wheelers TTs - we're trying to organise a ride here! :roll: :lol:
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    sorry sir,it wont happen again sir , sir ! :wink::)

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    edited May 2009
    The emu wrote:
    Yep keen as mustard, will probably be my first ride over here with full pressure tires after buying a track pump (yest I've ridding for 12 months on a mini pum :roll: p),
    Good God man! - how could you deal with that for so long? My track pump came from tesco for 8 quid - less than half the price of the Crank Brothers mini pump that I carry around with me... :shock: Lidl were doing one for 5 quid last year pretty much the same as the Tesco one.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Pikeysville,home of the one parent family....
    ;) is that why you have to escape down to leafay surray to ride with us? :twisted:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    Felgen - Should we look out for Miguel tomorrow as well? Think he needs to log in to the forum.
  • DomLuck
    DomLuck Posts: 9
    Think I'll join you tomorrow for C2C.
    Wilf I was on long ride last Sunday with Naz.
  • Fuji Mackers
    Fuji Mackers Posts: 122
    what time is La Grand Depart?

As much as I tried to wangle it, I cant get enough time off to make the coast ride, but hope to start off with you chaps.
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    what time is La Grand Depart?

As much as I tried to wangle it, I cant get enough time off to make the coast ride, but hope to start off with you chaps.

8am!
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • naked_ollie
    Fuji Mackers - I PM'd you, I'm up for a shorter route as well so maybe we can stick together.
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    felgen wrote:
    The emu wrote:
    Yep keen as mustard, will probably be my first ride over here with full pressure tires after buying a track pump (yest I've ridding for 12 months on a mini pum :roll: p),
    Good God man! - how could you deal with that for so long? My track pump came from tesco for 8 quid - less than half the price of the Crank Brothers mini pump that I carry around with me... :shock: Lidl were doing one for 5 quid last year pretty much the same as the Tesco one.

I have a very very good mini pump - topeak mini morph.
    DomLuck wrote:
    Think I'll join you tomorrow for C2C.
    Wilf I was on long ride last Sunday with Naz.

Not a problem Dom, see you tomorrow - if I'm not there when you get there the guys meet at Richmond Gate just on the inside on the right (if you are entering).

The long grazed legged one
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Enjoy it guys, I won't be there so take care and have fun! I wanna see some RPCC team photos aswell!
  • Rich-Ti
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Enjoy it guys, I won't be there so take care and have fun! I wanna see some RPCC team photos aswell!
    +1

*Hic* :shock: :roll: :oops: :lol:

Sorry chaps - letting the side down, I know...! Enjoy Parklife, it's well worth it!
  • Rich-Ti
    Ok folks, hangover not too bad at all today so probably manage a couple of park laps later if anyone wants a quick spin?

I'm also back to my original 'Plan A' of Capital to Coast tomorrow (Sun) then doing the return leg on Monday - if anyone wants to join me for the southern leg tomorrow you're more than welcome, then you can either jump on the train back or do the CCC! :wink::lol:

Probably won't start til maybe 10am - wait for it to get nice and warm then hit the road. Anyone who's interested say so here, and feel free to PM for my number if you want.
  • Fuji Mackers
    Fuji Mackers Posts: 122
    what a great ride, got to 85miles, and I counted 10 hills (well ones I to go down to inner ring).Thats my riding done for the weekend!! Hope you CCC's had a good run, looked like the pace was pretty good when we peeled off, and the sun was certainly shining. Thanks Ollie, hope you got back in time.
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Ow, ow ow - the CCC hurt but in a good way: 135 miles / 216 km and over 2,000m climbing door-to-door. Route and my stats here fro anyone who is interested: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/4549836

Thanks to everyone for a great ride, My-kee for the navigation, Wilf and Nick for helping me with the punctures and everyone for taking their turns on the front

Glad everyone else had a good ride - you missed a real treat with Park Life though - I'll be back for more Guiness and chocolate cake
  • Art Vandelay
    Epic! 8)
    233.8km door to door, 29kph average speed.
    My legs feel like Clif 'Shot Bloks'. Right, off to the pub now :shock: :?
  • Rich-Ti
    you missed a real treat with Park Life though
    Nothing missed here - I'll be visiting tomorrow, trust me 8)

Glad you had a good ride today chaps, sorry I missed it! Cracking route though eh?! Even if I do say so myself :wink: 8)
  • naked_ollie
    Well done guys! Having peeled off and done a couple of hills with Fuji, I then bailed and left him to it. Ended up home (and hurting) with a total of 76 miles, so hats off to all of you who went the full distance!

Thanks for having me along, it was a God sent day for cycling.