RPCC Ride - May Bank Hol Weekend

Comments

• Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Anyway, back to this weekend...

So, I've got a full day pass for Saturday and have said 'no' to Friday drinks so should be fighting fit for saturday. Now, I thought I read somewhere about a high speed rolla-fest to the coast and back. Or was I dreamin'?

Barring any last minute dramas I'll put my hand up for the C-C-C on Saturday. Any other takers? I'm keen for an HC meet at 8am if any others are. I'll have the route on the garmin and have followed many routes on it before that I have had no idea where I'm going so am confident of the navigation (failing that, head south till we hit water, then north till we hit london. Simples!)

I know I sit somewhere in the middle of bunch when it comes to pace but am looking to keep a fairly high pace with minimum stops. Of course will break in Worthing for some of that chocolate cake..

Think I saw Emu was keen... :twisted:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Saturday to the coast sounds good... coming back is another question but the trains seem to be engineering free if the legs fail

The weather looks OK too
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Ugh, NOW you choose to ride down the coast and back :x I expect a full ride report + pictures.

Enjoy it guys, it's good fun, and climbing into a hot bath/shower afterwards feels sooooo good. :lol:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Enjoy, I will be with you in spirit, or something like that - actually will probably be sitting in Hong Kong on the beers waiting for a connecting flight... but hey - at least the bikes going with me! :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • chrisw28
    HK...now I'm feeling nostalgic :(
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Ok so I am up for CCC and know the route well enough to not need to follow a Garmin... but I'm supposed to be out Fri night so I'll have to lay off the Guinness... :? :lol:

An earlier start does make sense... but see above! :roll:
  • Brocade
    Brocade Posts: 433
    Terribly sorry to ask, but CCC stands for ? Also, how many km are we talking about ?

I would be keen to join an earlier ride as well, 8am HC works (but if you could please send a google map link to exactly where for the meet, that would be great).
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Anyway, back to this weekend...

So, I've got a full day pass for Saturday and have said 'no' to Friday drinks so should be fighting fit for saturday. Now, I thought I read somewhere about a high speed rolla-fest to the coast and back. Or was I dreamin'?

Barring any last minute dramas I'll put my hand up for the C-C-C on Saturday. Any other takers? I'm keen for an HC meet at 8am if any others are. I'll have the route on the garmin and have followed many routes on it before that I have had no idea where I'm going so am confident of the navigation (failing that, head south till we hit water, then north till we hit london. Simples!)

I know I sit somewhere in the middle of bunch when it comes to pace but am looking to keep a fairly high pace with minimum stops. Of course will break in Worthing for some of that chocolate cake..

Think I saw Emu was keen... :twisted:
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Rich-Ti
    Brocade wrote:
    Terribly sorry to ask, but CCC stands for ? Also, how many km are we talking about ?
    CCC = Captial to Coast to Capital :shock:

For me last time I did it I covered 204km (I'm a couple of minutes outside Sheen Gate at the park) in around 8hrs, although Chris & I probably did go out of the blocks a little quick getting back to Worthing in less than 3.5hrs! :roll: :lol:

Still can't decide if I want to commit to this personally - was looking forward to a good night out on Fri so I might use my back-up plan of Capital to Coast Sun, then Coast to Capital Monday... :?
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    I'm possibly up for Monday, otherwise will have to miss out on the fun this weekend (and the following two weekends as I'll be in Denmark doing something weird, i.e. cycle touring :shock: )

I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if there are any plans...

EDIT: N.B. That's singlespeed cycle touring. Which authorities should I turn myself in to?
  • Myk-ee
    homercles wrote:
    EDIT: N.B. That's singlespeed cycle touring. Which authorities should I turn myself in to?
    Shame you're not in holland or you could turn yourself into yourself :shock: and once you've figured that out you can tell me how a door can be a jar?

Brocard-good to see you may be interested.
  • chrisw28
    edited April 2009
    Rich, what is this nonsense I'm hearing? I need to set voxegam on you :lol: Get on your bike, you'll regret not doing it on saturday!!!
  • Rich-Ti
    chrisw28 wrote:
    @ Rich, what is this nonsense I'm hearing? I need to set voxegam on you :lol: Get on your bike, you'll regret not doing it on saturday!!!
    Erm, no, I won't! Especially not with the Fred Whitton being next weekend! :lol:

Plus I've not had a decent night out for MONTHS because I keep bailing on them to ride! :evil: :P
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    CCC on Saturday is all systems go. Rich, I will be having a couple of quiet pints on Friday night as well so no excuses :P
    I'm not altogether happy with this subtle, sly shifting of the start line further west :evil:
    We could meet at 8 at Crystal Palace? Alternatively, 8 at Richmond Gate :idea:
    Chris, take a day off the books and get some fresh air into those lungs!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich, I will be having a couple of quiet pints on Friday night as well so no excuses :P
    I was planning on a not-so-quiet skinful to be honest - it's been a while, and as I can still get two decent days of riding in, even with a day spent recovering on the couch! :lol: :roll:

We'll see - I may well make the 8am at Richmond Gate start time, but my decent wheels may also be finally finished by Saturday so my priority then will switch to going to get my babies back! :D (I'm sure they actually contain my mojo...!!)
  • Myk-ee
    I'm not altogether happy with this subtle, sly shifting of the start line further west :evil:
    We could meet at 8 at Crystal Palace? Alternatively, 8 at Richmond Gate :idea:
    I suppose you could point that finger at me :twisted:

I like to get out early when there is a big ride planned, but more than happy with 8am from RP :?: if others are.
  • alright, weekend plans are sorting themselves out, but unfortunately I wont have sufficient time to take a dip in the sea, and so may just stick to Surrey Hills (boy I'm looking forward to a change of scenery at the Fred). If you CCC chaps are heading off at 8 from RP I may join you for the first bit though.
  • VinceEager
    VinceEager Posts: 247
    i'm game -
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • chrisw28
    Chris, take a day off the books and get some fresh air into those lungs!

We'll see, I may come and say hello :lol:
  • Brocade
    Ugh... I probably cannot handle 204km yet. I'll watch the thread and if you guys plan something in the 100km region which starts early (8am or sooner), I will definitely join.
    Good luck with the CCC if you do it !
    Regards
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Brocade wrote:
    CCC = Captial to Coast to Capital :shock:

For me last time I did it I covered 204km (I'm a couple of minutes outside Sheen Gate at the park) in around 8hrs, although Chris & I probably did go out of the blocks a little quick getting back to Worthing in less than 3.5hrs! :roll: :lol:

Still can't decide if I want to commit to this personally - was looking forward to a good night out on Fri so I might use my back-up plan of Capital to Coast Sun, then Coast to Capital Monday... :?
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Brocade
    If you're looking to keep it around 100-120km, will join !
    alright, weekend plans are sorting themselves out, but unfortunately I wont have sufficient time to take a dip in the sea, and so may just stick to Surrey Hills (boy I'm looking forward to a change of scenery at the Fred). If you CCC chaps are heading off at 8 from RP I may join you for the first bit though.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • chrisw28
    Brocade wrote:
    Ugh... I probably cannot handle 204km yet. I'll watch the thread and if you guys plan something in the 100km region which starts early (8am or sooner), I will definitely join.
    Regards

If it helps the longest ride I'd ever done prior to that was about 65-70 miles :shock: The stop halfway really helps :lol:

It'd be good to get at least 5-6 people up for the CCC, it'd make the ride a bit of a laugh - Al, Mykee, Bongolian,Wilf and Vince are all good to go (8am start at Richmond gate). Any other takers? GO ON ITS FUN! 8)
  • Brocade
    Well, apart from not trusting myself, I also need to get back home. I'll come by and split half way.

Can I please trouble someone for a google map link to the meet-up point at 8am ? I'm riding down from Notting Hill.

Thanks
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Brocade wrote:
    Regards

If it helps the longest ride I'd ever done prior to that was about 65-70 miles :shock: The stop halfway really helps :lol:

It'd be good to get at least 5-6 people up for the CCC, it'd make the ride a bit of a laugh - Al, Mykee, Bongolian,Wilf and Vince are all good to go (8am start at Richmond gate). Any other takers? GO ON ITS FUN! 8)
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • chrisw28
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 7010309279

I posted one up earlier for HC but took it down so as not to confuse anybody. Looks like everyone is meeting up at Richmond gate in RP now.
  • Brocade
    Sounds good, many thanks, see you guys there at 8am.
    Tolga
    chrisw28 wrote:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.450109,-0.296835&spn=0,359.989593&z=17&layer=c&cbll=51.449946,-0.295942&panoid=pCLUBnj8t9Tag1wrqVDmxA&cbp=12,254.3229177389433,,0,5.185567010309279

I posted one up earlier for HC but took it down so as not to confuse anybody. Looks like everyone is meeting up at Richmond gate in RP now.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Mal-inger
    Mal-inger Posts: 15
    Saturday is out for me - picking up some new bike bling : ) So it'll be a Sunday or Monday ride for me, Surrey hills 100km+ with as many hills as I can find... the fear of Fred is gripping me.

If there are any other takers for these days I'm happy to swing my RP on my way.
  • Brocade
    I can probably also do a Sunday or Monday ride if we can do it early, like 8am.
    Mal-inger wrote:
    Saturday is out for me - picking up some new bike bling : ) So it'll be a Sunday or Monday ride for me, Surrey hills 100km+ with as many hills as I can find... the fear of Fred is gripping me.

If there are any other takers for these days I'm happy to swing my RP on my way.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • VinceEager
    VinceEager Posts: 247
    Brocade wrote:

Can I please trouble someone for a google map link to the meet-up point at 8am ? I'm riding down from Notting Hill.

Thanks

i'll can ride through notting hill on my way to richmond pk - that route would take me along westbourne grove - left onto ladbrook grove - then right onto holland pk avenue own to shepherd's bush green.
    if you like I can pick you up on the way..?
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    i do apologise but this is off topic & wont happen again :wink:

for all you guys that are KW's out there,actually come to think of it anyone...

last night I completed in the 1st Kingston Wheelers Club 10 of the year,just south of Dorking now I know its not to everyone's cup of tea riding along the A24 for 5 miles out and 5 miles back but in a perverse sort of way I enjoyed it, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And seeing as 99% of you lot,have complerted the 3-lap challenge this shouldnt make a blind bit of difference :roll: :wink:

so come on then ,dont be shy have a go,they are held throughout the next few months until the beginning of August every other wednesday and in june/july a few tuesday nights as well,and cost £2 to enter with riders off every 30 seconds

so come on then ,who's up for it?

p.s Dont worry North Londoners,whilst those South London Girls can do a flattish 10TT,there is a hilly 10 TT up here in my neck of the woods every tuesday night,much more sadistical :twisted:

p.p.s must of been thirsty during the night as there are 5 empty glasses of Ribena next to my bed :lol: and for the record i completed it in 30'06 which aint bad,but last August i did 28'55 so room for improvement :wink:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Brocade
    That would be great. Shall we meet at 730am corner of Ladbroke Grove and Kensington Park gardens ? About 7 miles from there down to Richmond.
    VinceEager wrote:
    Brocade wrote:

Thanks

i'll can ride through notting hill on my way to richmond pk - that route would take me along westbourne grove - left onto ladbrook grove - then right onto holland pk avenue own to shepherd's bush green.
    if you like I can pick you up on the way..?
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Miguel called me tuesday. he is keen for a ride this weekend, and can make saturday. I will let him know of the plans
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB