AFLD v Armstrong

1789101113»

Comments

• aurelio_-_banned
    aurelio_-_banned Posts: 1,317
    edited April 2009
    rockmount wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    True, skav, but I can't remember any 'pro-Lance' (if I can generalise) posting links to any sources, material etc.
    That's like saying, nobody posts any links proving that the earth is round, not flat .. :?
    On the contrary, it's like saying nobody posts any links supposedly 'proving' that the earth is flat, not round. :roll:
  • P.s. On the other hand, posting links to information about Armstrong's doping is almost as easy as posting a link proving the near-spherical nature of the Earth.

earth-from-space.jpg

Just do a search on this very forum!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    True - but it isn't correct to say the lack of a "conviction" for EPO in the samples is due to a "lack of proper procedure" which suggests a cover up/incompetence. These were old samples kicking about the lab from a time pre-the EPO test where the A-sample equivalents had long since been used/disposed of. They long since ceased to exist as doping control samples under the proper procedure.
    Which is why there was no conviction. But in 99.9% of cases the test of a b sample confirms that of an a sample.

Which ever way you look at it though, on the balance of probabilities then it is very likely, if not definite, that Armstrong took EPO in the 1999 Tour.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    andyp wrote:
    leguape wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    No, there were no "positive tests" for EPO. What is true in this case, according to Michael Ashenden and L'Equipe's original story, is that synthetic EPO was present in the samples tested as part of the research project. I think it's an important differentiation to make in this discussion.
    The head of the UCI's medical commission recently said there was nothing wrong with the science used as part of the research project. So you can dress it up however you like but the fact remains that six of Armstrong's samples had synthetic EPO in them.

Er, yes that's what I said. Synthetic EPO was present. That is not the same thing as a positive test.

Synthetic EPO can be present without there being a positive test. Part of the research project seems to have been looking at that and how to identify and classify what constitutes a non-negative outcome.

It's something that Ramsguard has also alluded to in the last year: there are still samples being passed as negative according to the testing criteria when they contain synthetic EPO.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    aurelio wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    True, skav, but I can't remember any 'pro-Lance' (if I can generalise) posting links to any sources, material etc.
    That's like saying, nobody posts any links proving that the earth is round, not flat .. :?
    On the contrary, it's like saying nobody posts any links supposedly 'proving' that the earth is flat, not round. :roll:

On the contrary, there is a so called "Flat Earth Society" and from what I've heard on their
    website and a few others, they are serious. People can be made to believe anything. Good, Bad, True, False, you name it and you can find 2 people to argue about it. And what about that moon landing? And Elvis really is alive, by the way. Old, but alive.
    JFK too.

Dennis Noward
  • dennisn wrote:
    People can be made to believe anything.
    Especially when they are being manipulated by something as powerful and pervasive as Armstrong's corporate-backed PR machine. :wink:
  • dennisn wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

On the contrary, there is a so called "Flat Earth Society" and from what I've heard on their
    website and a few others, they are serious. People can be made to believe anything. Good, Bad, True, False, you name it and you can find 2 people to argue about it. And what about that moon landing? And Elvis really is alive, by the way. Old, but alive.
    JFK too.

Dennis Noward

Why would the delusions of an irrational and illogical minority have any baring on the truth?
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    dennisn wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

JFK too.

Dennis Noward

Why would the delusions of an irrational and illogical minority have any baring on the truth?
    We talkin' nudity here, or what ??
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • rockmount wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

JFK too.

Dennis Noward

We talkin' nudity here, or what ??

Sorry I meant *Bearing.
  • GoLance
    GoLance Posts: 28
    [/quote]GoLance,just go.[/quote]

Markwalker, go for a walk far away.
    'You are not worth the chair you are sitting on with a statement like that...and I'm not sure I'll ever forgive you.'
    (Lance Armstrong)
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    GoLance wrote:
    GoLance,just go.[/quote]

Markwalker, go for a walk far away.[/quote]

Go Lance are you so dull you bring up long dead posts?

You must be hurting i suggest reading aurelio posts and getting aquainted with the facts, your hero is a drug using bully boy that cant hack big boy races anymore.