bling bling and lightning quick!!

Comments

• Speed_King
    Speed_King Posts: 510
    hi mate its just to protect the chainstay on tht side and no, they are both ultra light lizard skins so its cool
    G.H.Allum
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Speed_King wrote:
    Today it is official my bike has been weighed and it comes in at WAIT FOR IT >>>>> 21.4lbs dead!!!!!!
    That seems very light for your bike spec.
    An S-Works Carbon Stumper Jumper weighs about 20lbs and the Carbon Expert is about 21lbs with SID Race forks, light weight wheels, Carbon brakes etc etc...

A standard Rockhopper Pro weighs 25.5lbs
  • gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    at 21.4lbs its kinda heavy for a hardtail :wink:
  • Speed_King
    I shaved off an awfull lot sdk and made some costly purchases, and yes gezza it prob is heavy for a hardtail if i compare it to say.... A orange titainium or a carbon hardtail ( as priorly pointed out!) or someting like a litespeed. I know you wernt diging at the weight but it is still one hell of a light machine considering the original weight.

I have just purchased lots of goodies to replace some of the upgrades, it has took some time but worth it i think? I have got the carbon wcs handlebars, stem and seatpost to be a direct swap and i am in middle of buying a set of fulcrum red rims lined with carbon bladed spokes this should also lightern the load so to speak!

I aim to improve while enjoying the performance and reaction i get while riding it.

I aim to Enjoy !!! As do we all?
    G.H.Allum
  • SDK2007
    Yeah I know you've upgraded a few parts but you don't save 4lbs by changing the seat post, stem and handle bar ;)
    gezzza wrote:
    Go on then, tell us what you're riding?
  • jamesst
    jamesst Posts: 322
    whats the weight of speed kings frame alone?
  • gezzza
    SDK2007 wrote:
    Yeah I know you've upgraded a few parts but you don't save 4lbs by changing the seat post, stem and handle bar ;)
    gezzza wrote:
    Go on then, tell us what you're riding?

A Scott Spark 20 with
    I9's ultralites
    Raceking 2.2 supersonics tubeless
    KCNC skewers
    Alligator Serration Disc Brake Rotor's
    Custom made 27t Ti granny ring
    42t Ta specitails middle ring modafied
    DA 7900 front dreailer
    Eggbeater 3Ti's
    Chrisking BB
    Nino Ti SL 11-32 casstte
    KCNC jockey wheels

The rest is stock
  • SDK2007
    jamesst wrote:
    Not sure - frame weight isn't listed any where

Nice bike gezzza
  • gezzza
    SDK2007 wrote:
    jamesst wrote:
    Not sure - frame weight isn't listed any where

Nice bike gezzza

It does the job for the moment needs a few more mods
  • Speed_King
    To answer all!! I just found out (at 10:00am this morning ) from speciallized direct that the 07 frame alone with nothing on it weighs in at 4 lbs. So there you have it , i aint lying, making it up, or exagerating the truth! this is what my bike weighs, and like it has already been said on this page this still isnt extreamly light but its light enough for me still you guys can argue all you want, this is a fact i have a bike that weighs in at just over 21lbs....

PS : THe carbon upgrades are yet to go on, the bike weighs 21.4 with the light alloy versions atm, and i do now run nobby nics 2.0 tubless i converted them last night lol
    G.H.Allum
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    I would be interested to see what the stock frame weight of my Stumpy HT is - even with a lot of mods It still weighs 10.5 ish kgs - which is is 23lbs!
  • Speed_King
    Spec is as follows: (for those who disbelieve!)

Bike Spec:: Specialized Rockhopper 07 Pro-Disc Frame with Rockshox Reba SL race Forks
    Specialized (limited edition) Phenom 130 team saddle (with TI rails)
    Ritchey WCS Carbon Seatpost
    Ritchey Carbon WCS Straight handlebars
    Ritchey WCS Carbon 4-Axis Stem
    XTR Front Mech
    XTR Rear Mech with KCNC Gold Jockey Wheels
    Crank Brothers 50/50 Pedals in Gunmetal Green/or/ Ritchey titainium clipless
    DT Swiss 4.2 Rims (with Hope Pro2 Hubs),
    ( Got new fulcrum red rims with Carbon bladed Spokes Coming soon!!)
    Schwabe Nobby Nics 2.0 Tubless tyres
    Shimano Deore crankset with External BB,with titanium middle and inner rings
    KCNC Gold crank bolts
    Avid jucey 5 Brakes 170mm
    Standard shimano XT shifters
    Hope Q/R levers + matching hope spacers,and headset (in gold).
    G.H.Allum
  • jamesst
    Speed_King wrote:
    To answer all!! I just found out (at 10:00am this morning ) from speciallized direct that the 07 frame alone with nothing on it weighs in at 4 lbs. So there you have it , i aint lying, making it up, or exagerating the truth! this is what my bike weighs, and like it has already been said on this page this still isnt extreamly light but its light enough for me still you guys can argue all you want, this is a fact i have a bike that weighs in at just over 21lbs....

PS : THe carbon upgrades are yet to go on, the bike weighs 21.4 with the light alloy versions atm, and i do now run nobby nics 2.0 tubless i converted them last night lol

ur not lying are u gaz :wink: do a list of weights for your components...
  • gcwebbyuk
    speed_king how did you get the weight - I may contact them about the weight of my frame to see if a frame upgrade is worth the extra ££££
  • Speed_King
    no i aint seriously mate!! Phone up speciallized and ask them they will tell you over the phone
    G.H.Allum
  • jamesst
    do me a favour gazmo, when u get a minute list your components along with their weights, other weight fanatics would love to do comparisons etc, weights and MTBing seem to go together hey?
  • jamesst
    Hiya Gaz, gcwebbyuk gave me an idea to check via weight weenies, did it on mine too!
    Worked out purely on webpage weights etc, rounding up to the nearest decimal, add on the chain and rear cassetter and anything else I might have forgot:

Bike Spec:: Specialized Rockhopper 07 Pro-Disc Frame 4
    Specialized (limited edition) Phenom 130 team saddle (with TI rails) 0.4
    Ritchey WCS Carbon Seatpost 0.4
    Ritchey Carbon WCS Straight handlebars 0.3
    Ritchey WCS Carbon 4-Axis Stem 0.3
    XTR Front Mech 0.3
    XTR Rear Mech with KCNC Gold Jockey Wheels 0.4
    Crank Brothers 50/50 Pedals in Gunmetal Green/or/ Ritchey titainium clipless 1.3
    DT Swiss 4.2 Rims (with Hope Pro2 Hubs), 4.1
    Schwabe Nobby Nics 2.0 Tubless tyres 3.1
    Shimano Deore crankset with External BB,with titanium middle and inner rings 2.2
    KCNC Gold crank bolts
    Avid jucey 5 Brakes 170mm 1.8
    Standard shimano XT shifters 0.5
    Hope Q/R levers + matching hope spacers,and headset (in gold). 0.4
    Rockshox Reba SL race Forks 3.6
    Steve peat grips 0.3
    rear cassette ?
    chain ?

equals 23.4 without the chain and rear casstte working on the basis that you have a kmc chain and an xt rear cassette this would add another 1.1lbs on the total!

it's really interesting, I'd love to have a proper weighing scale actually for this purpose to see true readings, might look into it.
  • gcwebbyuk
    Think I need to get my stumpy re-weighed.... maybe my hanging scales are out?
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Want to weight mine at some stage - it'sfeeling pretty light now.

Everything not listed is stock

Bike: Specialized Stumpjumper Comp HT 2007
    Forks: (standard) Fox 90RL air filled
    Brakes - Juicy 5s
    Cranset and BB: SLX triple chainring
    Headset: Hope
    Shifters: SRAM X-9
    Rear mech: SRAM X-9
    Front mech: LX
    Bars: BBB Carbon straight
    Saddle: Spesh Phenom SL (carbon, Ti, etc)
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite (straight) 365mm
    Seatpost binder: Hope QR
    Tyres: Conti Mountain King Protections (2.2), normalish tubes
    Cassette: SRAM PG970
    Chain: SRAM 971
    Cables: XTR
    Pedals: mag alloy MG1s (flats)
  • gcwebbyuk
    I wonder who has the lightest on bikeradar....
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Reckon mines probably around the 23lb mark so not super light but it's light enough for me - I need a bit of durability too.

I helped a big MTB group carry their bikes across a load of stepping stones a while back on Dartmoor - one was a Klein with V brakes and every light bit possible - must have been around 19lbs - it just felt too fragile!

Plenty with sub 20lb MTBs.
  • Sub 20lb gets VERY expensive!
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • SDK2007
    jamesst wrote:
    equals 23.4 without the chain and rear casstte working on the basis that you have a kmc chain and an xt rear cassette this would add another 1.1lbs on the total!
    That sounds more realistic to me - about 24lbs
    No offense to the original poster but that bike does not weigh less than a 2009 S-Works Epic or a Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL.
    Sub 20lb gets VERY expensive!
    A standard Scott Scale Ltd weighs 18.2lbs but costs £6500
    http://www.scott-sports.com/gb_en/produ ... /scale_ltd
  • jamesst
    r there any really accurate scales out there, how about fishing scales, the can't far out surely?
  • SDK2007
    jamesst wrote:
    r there any really accurate scales out there, how about fishing scales, the can't far out surely?
    You can get a rough idea by using a normal set of scales; weigh yourself, then pickup your bike and deduct your weight from the total. Do it three times to even out any inconsistency.
  • SDK2007
  • jamesst wrote:
    Fishing scales is the way for me, helps being a fisherman :wink:

All this subtracting weights from bathroom scales or adding up other peoples weights on spread sheets is a bit Pfft! :roll:
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • Speed_King
    Sorry guys i stupidly didnt add the cassette and chain ( and i do run a kmc james) You are roughly right on most things there are a few things tht dont quite add up though ?? I put these on a set of weighing scales in halford it is the most accurate form you can do as the mechanics use them in the car workshop ( so i used some ) lol WITH CASSETTE AND CHAIN each weighing at 0.4llbs meansn the bike actually weighs at 23lbs i hadnt added the spacers or grips either lol !! so you reminded me of stuff to put on James.
    if yo uwant to have an acurate weight you need to take everything off and weigh them individually which takes ages and i may do it some day lol lol.. BUt for a real acurate weight go and ask your local halford store or just a car workshop they should have a set for you to use. Gonna have to chaeck out some thnigs though as believe it or not some thigns weigh less for my year than they do now ????
    G.H.Allum
  • Speed_King
    and i just found out also tht the s-works epic 09 carbon weighs sub 19lbs!!!!! NOW THT IS LIGHT lol
    G.H.Allum