hmmm... minor disaster all round then!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Awesome ride guys, good turnout with about 7 people braving the initially poor weather. Good on us! Wasn't so bad at all and a very friendly group of guys 8)

Well done to the two new faces who decided to give it a go, hope you enjoyed it!

I hope everyone got home safe and sound.

@cc10, three guys where at RP this morning, not sure how long they waited but you must have missed them :( Sorry to hear about you getting lost, that really does suck...did you manage to get some miles in though? Hope you aren't put off! :o
  • Yeah great ride and good to meet you all and thanks for the help with the puncture

Weather not half as bad as I thought it would be apart from the few minutes of hail :D (it's pissing it down now I'm back home thought 8) )

cc10 - sorry to miss you, we were at Richmond Gate for about 10 minutes so not sure what happened - will try to pay more attention to the number of people expected next time I'm out
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Sorry for the misunderstanding cc10:( A shame not to meet you, we should probably have all PMed mobile numbers around, missing the organisational skills of Rich this week methinks.

Everyone else: thanks for the ride, really great to meet everyone and we got some distance and some hills in, particularly the picturesque one out of Peaslake. Hope to ride with you all soon!
  • cc10
    cc10 Posts: 38
    Good to hear there were a few more, felt bad that it might have been just the Hampton court people!

I was slightly concerned at finding the place so probably didn't wait around long enough, damn, after todays trials there is a distinct possibility I may have been at the entirely wrong gate :oops:

note to self - purchase some form of navigational device!!!! :)
  • balmain
    balmain Posts: 6
    Excellent ride and company today - many thanks to all for the organisation and navigation. My legs feel like they've done some work now. Got nicely soaked on the last mile or so into Chiswick - still wet kit is the sign of a good ride.

Hopefully will be out again with you soon. My comp says 71 miles all in - is that about right? Means I'm 3 short of 200 for the week so a poodle along the Thames is in order.

Cheers Des
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    cc10 wrote:
    I was slightly concerned at finding the place so probably didn't wait around long enough, damn, after todays trials there is a distinct possibility I may have been at the entirely wrong gate :oops:

note to self - purchase some form of navigational device!!!! :)
    It wouldn't be the first time that someone lobbed up at the wrong gate, would it ....*ahem* Art vandelay *ahem* :D
    Just to reiterate. Richmond gate, (at the top of Sawyer's Hill) by the white building just inside the gate on the left - cross the roundabout as if exiting the park then peel off to the left immediately (if you are coming up Sawyer's Hill) or on the right if you are entering the park from Richmond gate. Rich-Ti tends to be last as he has the shortest distance to come :shock: ....

p.s. 7 is a good turn out especially as the weather was a little iffy (I was still jealous as I am stuck at work this weekend unable to ride and a commute just don't cut it). If Rich sorts us out next week we could have over 20 riders :wink:
    Balmain wrote:
    Hopefully will be out again with you soon
    Wow, 1 post in 5 years! Glad you enjoyed it, hope to catch up with someof the new faces soon, but given my propensity to turn up late or meet you halfway round, who knows![/quote]

p.p.s anyone got a garmin log for perusal?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    balmain wrote:
    Hopefully will be out again with you soon. My comp says 71 miles all in - is that about right? Means I'm 3 short of 200 for the week so a poodle along the Thames is in order.

Cheers Des

Chase the one-ness Des:)
  • balmain
    balmain Posts: 6
    Chase the one-ness Des:)

You're right - fixed it is and I won't touch the brakes. I can feel my zen quota rising already.
  • felgen wrote:

yep, take a look here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2802970

Some of the keener members added a loop up Ranmore and round to the bottom of Box Hill - having got home absolutely knackered glad I didn't!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Nice one guys - really jealous! :(:lol:

As it happens I'm feeling pretty bloody awful today so I'm glad I didn't commit. Looks like I definitely won't be out tomorrow so god help you all next weekend :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Seriously though, I'm so glad you guys carried on without any of us founder members present! Hopefully that is good testament to how much you've enjoyed the rides in the past, and how keen more new people are to turn up and join in - another proud moment for us, especially after last week's great turn-out! 8) :D

cc10 - if you want to meet for a spin around the park mid-week now that the evenings are lightening up I can show you exactly where we meet, and maybe even spin out towards Hampton Court so that you know where to head. I'm 2mins from the park (literally) so shout if you're heading out there and I'll come and meet you. Same applies to anyone else who might want to do the same, just drop me a PM 8)

Wilf - have a good time back home buddy! Seriously jealous of the temperatures you'll be riding in! :evil:

Also, might be worth thinking about getting some mid-week rides sorted for anyone who fancies it? A couple of hours out to Cobham and back, or some fairly flat spins out towards Windsor? :P
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Was a good'n. Sorry to have to turn around early, I was still late for lunch :oops:

Emu - enjoy the sunshine.

Always good to see new faces. Even people I'd met a couple of years ago doing laps of the park.

So who were the founding fathers?
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    So who were the founding fathers?
    Good question, and to be completely honest Mike I reckon you qualify...

I was basing it on those who have been involved in the jersey design, and those who have been there pretty much from the start:

Me
    Felgen
    The Emu
    Berns
    Phips
    Art Vandelay

But I know you were on some of those earliest rides too Mike, and it's only your absence early this year plus the fact that you're not doing the Quebrantahuesos that has left you out of jersey design discussions! :oops: (I'm not doing Quebrantahuesos either as obviously I'll be at the Dave Lloyd like your good self, but I think Phipsy CC'd me on an email once when QBH discussions turned to shiny new bike parts and the jersey design idea escalated from there! :roll: :lol: )
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Was just a little curios.

Can't wait to see the jersey :shock:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    The emu wrote:
    I'm out now for a month, but already arranged for my bike to come out of storage for some long rides through the Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills - just checked the weather forecast - 30 - 29 - 32 - 31 Giddyup! 8)

Have a nice break Wilf - Hope you get some good rides in :)
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    As it happens I'm feeling pretty bloody awful today so I'm glad I didn't commit. Looks like I definitely won't be out tomorrow so god help you all next weekend

Hope you feel better soon Rich

Sorry I missed it today; I'm going to do some laps of RP tomorrow morning around 9ish if anyone's interested? I'll check back in on the thread in the morning to see if anyone's up for it and meet at the usually spot if you are :)

Cheers, Ryan
  • felgen
    hmmm will try to get into the park tomorrow, but depends on work and I guess trying to cross the thames any time after lunch tomorrow might be a problem owing to the boat race - have to be within 20 minutes.... I know I cant be there at 9 though.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    felgen wrote:

yep, take a look here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2802970

Some of the keener members added a loop up Ranmore and round to the bottom of Box Hill - having got home absolutely knackered glad I didn't!
    Thanks bongo! Nice route.... maybe next week, but it depends on when I get out of work as I am on call friday night and get out at varying times depending on how horrendous it is, so may just have to try to catch everyone up again as I wont make a 9am start.

In fact, time for a next week ride thread.... Richie???
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    edited March 2009
    felgen wrote:
    Yup, I'll get it sorted later - it's breakfast time and I'm still having coughing & sneezing fits! :evil:
  • That was a great ride, thanks guys. I hit the 80 mile mark, and the legs are certainly feeling the effect of those hills. Ranmore was a killer and the pace up those last hills was pretty damn quick.
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    Yup, I'll get it sorted later - it's breakfast time and I'm still having cughing & sneezing fits! :evil:
    cughing..yuk. i hate that :mrgreen:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    cughing..yuk. i hate that :mrgreen:
    Lol, cheeky f?&$£r! :P Corrected now anyway so nobody knows what you're on about... :lol::wink:
  • felgen
    hey I was thinking... what about a back to front jaunt out into the hills next time?... with boxhill first so we can have a pop with fresh legs and then carry on to a peaslake cake stop?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    hey I was thinking... what about a back to front jaunt out into the hills next time?... with boxhill first so we can have a pop with fresh legs and then carry on to a peaslake cake stop?
    Not a bad shout that James - then we can make Peaslake the cake stop 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    time for a next week ride thread.... Richie???
    Here you go then 8)

God, a weekend of not riding has been expensive for me - new bars, new bar tape, new tyres... :roll: :lol:
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    time for a next week ride thread.... Richie???
    Here you go then 8)

God, a weekend of not riding has been expensive for me - new bars, new bar tape, new tyres... :roll: :lol:

for me New chain,new casette,brake blocks,cables new water cage + labour charge I think I win !!! :D AND I STILL WENT OUT ON MY BIKE !!!! :wink:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • felgen
    New bars? Did the planet X sale tempt you too much :twisted: - god you are weak! My new bars came, and regrettably were the wrong size so they are going back today. Having said that I liked the feel of them and I am sure they will be nice and comfy. Between those bars and the *ahem* wheels, surely another pop at the RP 3 lap challenge is afoot 8) .

As for me - frustration at not going out for a long ride meant I broke my round trip commute record by some 4 minutes - the park looked nice yesterday as I went through on the way home about 7pm. Anyway 30 commuting miles, thats all for me.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    New bars? Did the planet X sale tempt you too much :twisted: - god you are weak!
    Nah, not the Planet-X sale - just a set of Deda Newtons I've been trying to get my hands on for a while :D
  • felgen
    lol.... as you do. Well mine only cost 15 quid!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB