RPCC Ride - Sat 28th / Sun 29th March

Comments

• RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    Sorry guys – I haven’t had chance to get on the forums and post. An awesome ride on Saturday and an amazing turn out! I managed to clock 82 miles which is the furthest I’ve ever ridden before. Never thought I could spend almost 8 hours on a bike (including breaks) :D

Thanks to everyone for the help on the way home and pulling me along :D I was struggling a bit with the energy levels. When I got home I ravaged the fridge, had a shower, finished off the fridge and passed out watching the rugby . . . . I was surprised my legs weren’t suffering more on the Sunday but my only problem was an “aching” behind my right knee . . . . I’m not sure what’s caused it but I’ve had it before from long (50-60 mile) rides; it may be my pedals. . . .

With regards to this Saturday; I should be there – I’m 95% certain so put my name down :) Pity not everyone can make it but it looks like it’s still going to be a decent turn out
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Count me in too!
    Hampton Court @ 9:30, or are you going to join me and Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs for a couple of 8am laps of the park? :wink::lol:

Will text you on friday evening to let you know! Depends on how late I plan on staying up on friday doing work. :shock:
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    I'll be joining at Hampton Court if that is ok, little bit of extra time to enjoy my morning coffee is always welcome! I also know some routes back....
  • Petromyzon
    double post....
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Petromyzon wrote:
    I'll be joining at Hampton Court if that is ok, little bit of extra time to enjoy my morning coffee is always welcome! I also know some routes back....
    Good man, we'll see you there then. Handy to know someone else knows some routes back too - useful to have the extra knowledge 8)
  • I'm fighting a cold at the moment so am tentative for the weekend - hopefully should be ok though....
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm fighting a cold at the moment so am tentative for the weekend - hopefully should be ok though....
    And I'm currently desperately trying to stop one developing - I hope to get it beaten and be ok though, I usually manage to fight them off :?

Note to self: must buy some colostrum :shock:
  • I had a run in with a cold last week - didnt go near my bike for a week, so better nip it in the bud.

Still keen for Saturday, weather looking ok now. May be keen to sneak in a 3 lapper beforehand.
  • Rich-Ti
    May be keen to sneak in a 3 lapper beforehand.
    If I'm ok to ride I'll be meeting Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs at Roehampton Gate (by the cafes) for a couple of steady pace laps at 8am if you don't fancy a full 3-laps 8)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Rich-Ti wrote:

Urrrrrs should be good to lead you all back to RP (assuming you're cool with that Gezza?!).

:

Ha Ha ,its like asking the blind to lead the blind 8) I mean my knowledge of London is very good ,but get me out into the lanes i'll give it a 50/50 of us getting back before the 10 o'clock news :lol:

and if I have anything to do with it,Boll@x Hell wil not be visited :cry::wink:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • chrisw28
    I'm not too bad with the routes either, I think we have good enough knowledge between us to make it back, so no worries! 8)
  • Hope you won't mid if I join you as some new blood to the group.

I know the Surrey lanes reasonably well and some routes back into London so can probably help a little with the navigation
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm still not feeling great so might bail - will see how the day goes :?
  • RC21
    Hope you won't mid if I join you as some new blood to the group.

I know the Surrey lanes reasonably well and some routes back into London so can probably help a little with the navigation

The more the merrier mate :)
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I'm still not feeling great so might bail - will see how the day goes :?

Hope you feel better mate.

The weathers not looking great and looks like it's going to rain :(http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... radar.html

What's the plan if it does start to chuck it down? Delay it till Sunday as it looks a lot better then . . . .

Thanks
    Ryan
  • chrisw28
    Aww Rich, hope you get feel better by this evening. If you're not riding are you still going down to visit your folks (be it in a car instead of a bike)?

I don't mind a bit of rain, so I'll still be at HC for 9:30 regardless of weather. If nobody turns up I'll hit the hills myself, but you lot will be missing out on the fun! :D
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    edited March 2009
    RC21 wrote:
    The weathers not looking great and looks like it's going to rain :(http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... radar.html

What's the plan if it does start to chuck it down? Delay it till Sunday as it looks a lot better then

I'm with Chris - gotta keep riding even if it rains. Good practice for when that sportive you've been training for all year happens to be on a rainy day.

I'm still 50/50 about timings tomorrow as i might be up and out pretty early for a short, fast one somewhere. So if I'm not there dont wait. (might go explore some new hills.... :twisted: )
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • I should still be out - it looks like it'll rain/wind quite a bit but tbh the met office seems to get it wrong quite often! If it gets unpleasant we can always head back earlier...
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    I'm 50-50 for tomorrow: not feeling on top of the world (been a heavy week on the corporate entertaining front!) and might decide to go soft and take the lie-in option tomorrow, especially if it's miserable.

Clocks go back this weekend = Sunday evening riding :D

Looking forward to the Surrey Massacre, Myk-ee. Bike being stripped, rebuilt, new saddle, tape and rubber next week in anticipation :D 8)
  • Myk-ee
    homercles wrote:
    Looking forward to the Surrey Massacre, Myk-ee. Bike being stripped, rebuilt, new saddle, tape and rubber next week in anticipation :D 8)

Gonna take more than a grease and oil change to get through the massacre.

Think its an excuse for a whole new bike.. 8)
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Not sure I'll be able to join you this weekend - Saturday is looking quite busy compared to Sunday, and the weather on Sunday also looks better so probably will make more sense for me to go out then. I might change my mind in the morning though, in which case keep a look out for the shirt in my avatar!
  • Rich-Ti
    Really sorry guys but I'm bailing :(

I'll be honest - the cold I've got isn't that horrendous, but it's bad enough to know that I don't want to risk making it worse, or more to the point making it worse and not recovering in time for my riding weekend and Sportive in the Lakes over Easter. I figure a bit of rest (and maybe a couple of short, gentle roller sessions) and by mid-week I'll be good to go again...

Terrible really - potentially the first weekend (apart from a couple over Christmas) where there's been no 'founder member' RPCCers out since this all started! :shock: :? :cry:

Hope you enjoy the ride for those that do get out - I know Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs has had to make other plans now too.

Chris - if Myk-ee doesn't make it out as part of the group I'm passing you the official RPCC representatives hat for the weekend! :wink: 8)
  • chrisw28
    Okay Rich, good idea to let your body recover first, sorry you can't make it out :(

I would come to RP now that none of the 'RPCC' big boys are turning up (bar mykee, are you coming along buddy? Go on, you know you want to :D ) but someone is dropping off a saddle at my house in the morning which means I won't get to RP on time. So I will meet you all at Hampton Court along with petromyzon if you would be so kind :D The meeting place in RP is on the first post in this thread, so whoever decides to brave a couple petty showers should know where to meet. Hopefully a few new faces decide to come along this week too!

If anybody wants my mobile number you can PM me.
  • Petromyzon
    I'm still in, come rain or shine. Get well soon Rich:)
  • Myk-ee
    The Emu has been strangely silent... ...anyway I'm not actually a founding member :( just close to it.

I have to be back in London town by midday so dont want to ruin others day by my commitments..
  • Okiedokie, will see you chaps at RP tomorrow at 9 bells. Looking forward to it. Saying that I still need to check the weather.
  • I;ve also woken up with a nice big cold - back to bed. Sorry for bailing! :-(
  • RC21
    Sorry guys - i'm out too.

Hope you have a great ride and hope everyone feels better next week :D
    Ryan
  • Petromyzon
    If there are only a few at RP, don't despair, Chris and I are joining at Hampton Court bridge, kingston side, left hand pavement at the entrance to the palace! Time to get hurty in the hills :):):)
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Myk-ee wrote:
    The Emu has been strangely silent... ...anyway I'm not actually a founding member :( just close to it.

I have to be back in London town by midday so dont want to ruin others day by my commitments..

Sorry guys held off as long as possible in the slight hope I could get out but turned out impossible in the end, having landlord inspection and then have to pack for trip down under.

Enjoy the riding though, weather not as bad as first thought.

I'm out now for a month, but already arranged for my bike to come out of storage for some long rides through the Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills - just checked the weather forecast - 30 - 29 - 32 - 31 Giddyup! 8)

The long grazed legged one
  • cc10
    cc10 Posts: 38
    Apologies to those at Hampton Court. Seems I was the only one to make it to RP which posed a slight navigational issue.... actually several, having spent the last few hours going round in circles getting horrendously lost I have addmitted defeat to the cycling gods, I was obviously never meant to venture out of the park or perhaps on a bike at all!! :cry:

But I did try to get there, sorry about that :oops:

Hope you had a good ride and the surry lanes wern't as blustery as the London ones! :shock: