vermin Posts: 1,739
    Stats:

Distance 71.15 mi
    Duration 4h:26m:39s
    Avg. Speed 16.0 mph
    Max. Speed 34.9 mph
    Calories 5093 kcal
    Total Ascent 2661 ft

I was VERY surprised at the average speed for a solo ride for myself.

Ride profile:

belvoirloopimage_zpsf18f574b.png

How did you manage to burn so many calories on that ride? :shock:

Out of interest I compared your stats to a ride I did last weekend:

Stats (from Strava)

Distance 69.7 mi
    Duration 4h:12m:33s
    Avg. Speed 16.5 mph
    Max. Speed 40.3 mph
    Calories 2838 kcal
    Total Ascent 5669 ft

So thats roughly the same distance, ride time and average speed, but with more than twice as much climbing. So what did you do to burn the extra 3000 calories? :?: :?: :?:
  • I'm fat. Thanks for rubbing home the fact. :cry:

I'm going to go to the kitchen now and eat cheese until I throw up.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • vermin
    I'm fat. Thanks for rubbing home the fact. :cry:

Bulimia - that's the spirit. :wink:

If the data's accurate, that's a monster effort.
  • vermin wrote:

Endomondo vs Strava:

Same ride Strava stats
    Distance 71.2mi
    Time 4:27:47
    Climb 2,661ft
    Avg Power 135W
    Energy used 2,163kJ
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • vermin
    vermin wrote:

Endomondo vs Strava:

Same ride Strava stats
    Distance 71.2mi
    Climb 2,661ft
    Avg Power 135W
    Energy used 2,163kJ

Lies, damned lies, etc :roll: :wink:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    vermin wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Endomondo vs Strava:

Same ride Strava stats
    Distance 71.2mi
    Climb 2,661ft
    Avg Power 135W
    Energy used 2,163kJ

Lies, damned lies, etc :roll: :wink:
    Lies, damned lies, statistics, and the speeds quoted on the SCR thread :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Stats:

Distance 71.15 mi
    Duration 4h:26m:39s
    Avg. Speed 16.0 mph
    Max. Speed 34.9 mph
    Calories 5093 kcal
    Total Ascent 2661 ft

Endomondo vs Strava:

Same ride Strava stats
    Distance 71.2mi
    Climb 2,661ft
    Avg Power 135W
    Energy used 2,163kJ
    Was that a typo, quoting kJ instead of kcal? Otherwise, it's barely 500kcal on Strava.
  • That's a paste from Strava
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Another dull Highland ride - can't imagine why anybody lives here :wink:HighlandReflection.JPG
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Gradient15.JPG
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    nice would qualify for MTFU points going up or going down if its icy otherwise its just meh!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    nice would qualify for MTFU points going up or going down if its icy otherwise its just meh!

Ha - wet road, the tell-tale rainbow of diesel and sporting "widow-maker" Rubino Pro tyres :shock: 8) :wink: Rolf F thinks I have cajones the size of planets :lol:

Fortunately, as my grandfather used to say into his 90s, the devil isn't in a hurry for the ones he's sure of... :twisted:
  • Continuing the series - this time a 50k off-road MTBer on the Black Isle

SunshineCulloden.JPG
  • itboffin
    Talking of diesel spills walking out of Waterloo station into the new canoe racks something had clearly dumped a full tank of fuel into the river (road)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Totally bummer of a ride yesterday, I'd planned 65 miles from home down to the edge of the new forest and then back on myself to our family farm for Christmas dinner no 1.

I'd planned an easy pootle for the first half then nail the second, but 23 miles in the PF pays a visit only the second this year. Not a problem I pull over whip out my spare tube, fit and start pumping ...nothing not a sausage is going into the tube, on inspection I find the removable conti valve core is finger tight, great!

I couldn't get it to stay in place, okay so I'll repair the existing one, 15 mins to find the tiny hole then I discover my vulcanising glue has set hard and I have no self glueing patches in this saddle bag. FFS

So a call to the support car and a cold wait by the roadside is how my ride ended.

Back at home I've found the value itself is faulty is doesn't seal, one for the bin then I find the cause of my deflation a thorn still embedded in the tyre despite my checking all in all I wasn't meant to continue that ride.
  • Gorgeous weather for it

14snow1.JPG

14snow2.JPG

14snow3.JPG
  • itboffin
    bored shiteless of the turbo I decided to take the MTB for a spin, i'd assumed the paths would be rock hard.

Nope!

firstly getting there the roads are just sheet ice, so back home to switch tyres 8) now suitably shod i hit the very first trail and its just deep soaking ice filled mud & puddles, i chanced my luck on the canal path.

FAIL! even worse most of it was so deep and slippery even the studded tyres struggled.

back to the turbo dungeon tomorrow :evil:

edit: did another lap anyway :roll:
  • itboffin
    Back out on the MTB with studs this morning and the roads were ice free just wet & muddy, apart from the masshoof weight of my current set up I also need to look at the gearing, some of the short climbs had me almost passing out.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Which studs have you got, ITB?
  • itboffin
    On the MTB conti spikes on the old now gone CX schwable studs
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Riding in rural France is better than in the UK. It just is.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • itboffin
    my 2015 reduced commuting plan is going swimmingly, 2 turbo sessions, 4 commutes and 2 leisure weekend rides just perfect, now if this wind could just do one!
  • itboffin
    well that was an interesting 50 miles of cold (2c) wind and a sidewall punctures whilst descending at speed :shock: managed to patch the tyre, replace the tube and limp to the nearest LBS (5 miles) availed myself of their track pump and continued on my merry way 8)

Not that bad in the end, not one of my fastest rides but heh miles is miles
  • itboffin
    Serious case of rules 5 & 9 this weekend, there's no way I could even if i wanted to ride today, its epic here at the moment.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    itboffin wrote:
    Serious case of rules 5 & 9 this weekend, there's no way I could even if i wanted to ride today, its epic here at the moment.

Yesterday I think I peaked at about 16kmh in one direction on the flat and over 61kmh in the other. Kessock bridge was shut
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    itboffin wrote:
    Ain't much better a little to the West; currently planning on MTB'ing at 3 p.m. when a lull is forecast.
  • itboffin
    Actually yesterday was harder to descend due to the gaps in the hedges, bloody lethal. I hit 11 mph on one descent where its normal to be in the high 30s without pedalling.

Very unwise to be on a bike on those conditions, still at least i'm home and dry today because its horrific out there. Belgium eat your heart out.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    First outing on the tandem with TGOTB junior on Saturday, complete with cake stop at Roehampton cafe. Huge success, we even took a few scalps :-)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Did only my second ride of the year on Friday - I've been otherwise engaged transcribing interviews with various football managers to the tune of a quarter of a million words in the evenings and weekends. Colleague asked if I wanted to ride the Tissington trail as we were both off, so agreed.

Somehow, we ended up going north when we thought we were going south, came off the trail, and did a very hilly 10 miles through the lanes of Derbyshire on MTBs before we realised we'd gone wrong :oops:

But, it got me back on my bike. And confirmed how unbelievably unfit I am....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    msmancunia wrote:
    Did only my second ride of the year on Friday - I've been otherwise engaged transcribing interviews with various football managers to the tune of a quarter of a million words in the evenings and weekends. Colleague asked if I wanted to ride the Tissington trail as we were both off, so agreed.

Somehow, we ended up going north when we thought we were going south, came off the trail, and did a very hilly 10 miles through the lanes of Derbyshire on MTBs before we realised we'd gone wrong :oops:

But, it got me back on my bike. And confirmed how unbelievably unfit I am....

https://youtu.be/7CFMldw5EmE

Next time you're in the area give me a shout, I like to loop through.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X