Weekday antisocial rides

124»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Sunny with a strong easterly wind - ride out sail back hopefully.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    Sunny with a strong easterly wind - ride out sail back hopefully.

Was very very gusty but nice and warm with empty roads which more than made up for it.

BBQ time m-thinks!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Another six laps of RP with JG. Clocked 1:49:47, with JG about 15 seconds because a Nissan Micra halted my progress in the final stretch. A PB by some way though. Hurt, too. Excellent ride.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    cjcp wrote:
    Another six laps of RP with JG. Clocked 1:49:47, with JG about 15 seconds because a Nissan Micra halted my progress in the final stretch. A PB by some way though. Hurt, too. Excellent ride.

:shock: Nice one CJCP - how fast were your first three?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

The laps just got faster and faster. Started off with a chatty 19 and ended up with the last two being a not-so-chatty sub-18. Hurty with all that wind about!
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/82998120
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

The laps just got faster and faster. Started off with a chatty 19 and ended up with the last two being a not-so-chatty sub-18. Hurty with all that wind about!
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/82998120

My lap times were

19:09
    18:22 (definitely felt that increase in pace...)
    18:15
    18:10
    17:59
    17:50 (Jon's would have been about 17:35. Bleedin' Micra...)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Off to do this (Communicat 51 miles)
    full.gif

route-histogram-395831.jpg

Back in a bit
  • itboffin
    Dear Lord that was hard, 66 miles in total headwind out and back. No food either - duh! doh!

I'm suuppppeeeerrrrrr tired now :?
  • itboffin
    Wiltshire whites horses for me this morning should be 60+ miles with loads of hills :D

route-histogram-397635.jpg
  • wvanry
    wvanry Posts: 78
    I think we both like climbing
    trip-histogram-238279.jpg
  • itboffin
    very nice :wink: