RPCC Training Group Ride - Sat 14th / Sun 15th

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Right then chaps & chapesses, I'm setting this up and letting it run this week - I'm not around this coming weekend as I'm heading back to Sussex for the weekend to do the Springtime Classic sportive from Burgess Hill on Sunday.

So, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am is most likely on whichever day is favoured (or both if any of you want to do both days!) :arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate) :arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph
usually, but nobody gets dropped
:arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)

New faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers, long-time 'thread watchers', any who haven't been able to make it along previously, those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! :D

It might also be worth saying that a 'collection point' can be arranged at Hampton Court as that tends to be our route out - we've stopped to collect others there on the last 2 rides so no reason why that shouldn't continue. All I would ask is that you're there by 9:30am as there won't be any hanging around then, it's literally just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again. That said there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be late coming through (and apologies in advance if that turns out to be the case)! :roll: :lol:

For anyone doing the Burgess Hill Springtime Classic, I'll be one of 3 wearing a 'Sussex-MTB' jersey perched atop my R3 so say hello if you see me! Here's a clicky link in case there's anyone else interested - they might offer an 'enter on the day' option 8)

Enjoy guys! :P

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    If anything, I'm feeling that Sat is more likely. Though I may yet end up writing it off in favour of more pub-based pursuits.

An aside: have there ever been any chappesses?!? (not that I'm saying we should exclude, absolutely not, just wondered) 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    homercles wrote:
    An aside: have there ever been any chappesses?!? (not that I'm saying we should exclude, absolutely not, just wondered) 8)
    Not to date, but we're far from adverse to having chapesses join us, and I like to think we'd make them feel comfortable...
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    homercles wrote:
    Not to date, but we're far from adverse to having chapesses join us, and I like to think we'd make them feel comfortable...

He's being modest!! He's tempted a few chapesses (hello Lucy and Amy), out into the country lanes before. :wink:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=60[/url]
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Rich-Ti
    Aggieboy wrote:
    He's being modest!! He's tempted a few chapesses (hello Lucy and Amy), out into the country lanes before. :wink:

And a very pleasant ride it was too! Cheers Steve - we gonna see you out on one of these rides any time in the future?! The guys will love your Orbea! :wink: 8)
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Yes, I've only had the pleasure of meeting you as a one off, you should come along this weekend! :D
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Ok I'm getting my ass into gear and coming along sat if that's ok with you guys??? I might struggle as fitness is low at mo but I'll persevere!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Saturday is best for me. Forecast is cloudy, but dry and a balmy 10C.
    drewfromrisca - You're more than welcome!
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Would be keen for a bit of saturday action. Phips, the Dynamo route is really great, the green, leafy climb in Peaslake is a particular favourite, and they usually work in Ranmore as well. Doo itt!
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    It seems a bit stupid to be ordering winter kit when the weather is on the way up but they are clearing out some of the stock at the mo, got my Dynamo windstopper-fronted jacket for £25 down from £66. Plus if they change the design you have the bonus of looking like an old hand next winter :wink::wink::wink:
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Sorry guys, I can't make this weekend as I'm going relly bashing on the south coast.

Have a good one though, looks like the weather will hold out for me to miss another good day in the saddle. :cry: although I might just take my bike with me and do some laps of the New Forest. :D

The long grazed legged one
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    phips wrote:
    The emu wrote:
    .. relly bashing ..

WTF is that? :o:D

Sorry for my aussie vernacular :oops: , means going to visit relatives.

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Ok I'm getting my ass into gear and coming along sat if that's ok with you guys??? I might struggle as fitness is low at mo but I'll persevere!!!

Cool - wondered when you would finally make it and hope you can - you talked about trying to get along to one last year didn't you?

I dont know yet about my attendance - my weekend is not yet planned but I would like to make an appintment with Box Hill sometime soon.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    felgen - We need you! If Wilf and Rich can't make it, it may end up Phips and me navigating san Garmin :lol:
  • cc10
    cc10 Posts: 38
    I might try for this weekend..again - will try a test run tomorrow and if all goes well would be keen to hang off the back for a bit if thats sweet. What time do people usually make it back to the park? Unfortunately I have to work this weekend but if I don't start on the long rides soon its never going to happen so I have to try and squish it in there!
  • Rich-Ti
    Hi cc10 - I'm sure the guys will be happy to have another new face out with them!
    cc10 wrote:
    What time do people usually make it back to the park?
    Return time to the park varies from around midday to around 2 or 3pm, depending on who is out / how long the ride ends up being / how long the cake stop ends up being / how many punctures etc! Sorry to be a bit vague :roll: :lol:

Having said that, some people have been peeling off and heading back early of late (myself included) so if you need to get back that might be an option for you. But if early to mid afternoon is ok then I reckon you'll have a good day out if you can stay along for the whole ride! :D 8)
  • cc10
    cc10 Posts: 38
    Awsom, sounds good - it'll probably be leg failure that sends me on a u turn first but will try and shift work back a bit just in case!
    :)
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Nice one cc10, hopefully see you this weekend then! You'll enjoy it, I'm sure :D
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Afternoon all! Sounds like you had a great ride at the weekend with perfect weather, lots of people and loads of miles. Good stuff. Although I'm sure you missed the clouds of dust as I sped past you all on those hills... ;-)

Don't think I can do Saturday this weekend but would be up for a ride on Sunday if not. Things might change though, so I'll let you know nearer the time.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

And a very pleasant ride it was too! Cheers Steve - we gonna see you out on one of these rides any time in the future?! The guys will love your Orbea! :wink: 8)

"chrisw28" Yes, I've only had the pleasure of meeting you as a one off, you should come along this weekend! :D

Thank you both for the friendly invitation.
    My ability to sprackle having long deserted me :( , the thought of getting to the top of the RPCC's infamous Box Hill and seeing you all waiting to leave, having finished your tea and treacle tart, is rather daunting! I do intend joining you all (although I look forward to the weekly RPCC thread and feel I know the rest of the peloton already :wink: ) on a w/e ride when I can, but my daughter has swimming training six times a week, so my time is limited. A new Summer training schedule is iminent.
    Put me down for a RPCC shirt though :idea: :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Rich-Ti
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Put me down for a RPCC shirt though :idea: :wink:
    Current design will look very good with your bike Steve! :wink: 8)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Rich-TI ,on a seperate note,Welcome aboard the good lord ship KW forum,may you have hours of joining in and talking utter drivel :lol::lol::lol:

also expect to see you at a few pub nights perhaps?? :wink:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-TI ,on a seperate note,Welcome aboard the good lord ship KW forum,may you have hours of joining in and talking utter drivel :lol::lol::lol:

also expect to see you at a few pub nights perhaps?? :wink:
    Why thank you sir - I'm sure a pub night here and there is manageable! :wink::lol:
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    I am out this Saturday lads. Going to take the missus to Nice for her birthday. Coincidently (of course!) there is the finish of the Paris-Nice... sweet!!!!

Good turn out last weekend looks like more faces are coming on board. I will see y'all the following weekend.

Like Phips-y I have joined Dynamo so if anyone is planning on doing an RPCC run next Saturday then a Mo run on Sunday let me know...I need all the help I can get before Fray Bentos!
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    Going to take the missus to Nice for her birthday. Coincidently (of course!) there is the finish of the Paris-Nice... sweet!!!!
    Loving your work Bern! :wink: 8)
    Berns12 wrote:
    Like Phips-y I have joined Dynamo so if anyone is planning on doing an RPCC run next Saturday then a Mo run on Sunday let me know...I need all the help I can get before Fray Bentos!
    Well I've now joined the Wheelers so similarly I'll be looking to do the RPCC run on Sat then the Wheelers run on Sun... although I have enough trouble making the 5min journey to the park on time, let alone the 20min run out to Kingston! :roll: :lol:

So come on the rest of you, don't let me down in my absence - who IS riding this weekend?! :shock:

P.S. For those who have been involved, hoping to send the final version of the kit design out tonight :wink: 8)
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm looking likely for Saturday, but given my recent poor form with saying i'll be out but then not making it (beer is not my friend, despite what it keeps telling me :shock: ), I'm reluctant to commit.

If I do make it along, I know the roads well enough to steer us in a few right directions...
    It's the vibe of the thing.