Dalby 11th

Rich9
Rich9 Posts: 1,635
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
3 of us from work going up to do Dalby Red next Sunday, if anyone is about, say Hi :D
2014 Whyte T-129S

Comments

• My friend and I could be going next sunday. We'll be knocking around on a couple of Specialized full sus's.
    Yorkshire Man living in Somerset
    http://twitter.com/Mattharperbikin
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    might see if me and giggsmaster can make it next sunday,what time you thinking of getting there for,we normally start riding about 9-30 am so it aint to busy......
  • Rich9
    Probably between 9-30 and 10

Our bikes are Cube Acid (mine), Spec hardrock, and a GT
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • May be a slight possibilty il be up there if all my new stuff comes through and i can get my bike up and running again
    Dave
  • altern_8
    well fingers crossed we will be there next sunday mate,try to get there for about 9,dont know if you do night riding,but my local bike shop are doing a night ride on Wednesday 28th January starting at 7-30pm,doing about 2 hour on red route,im dropping my bike in for a service monday 5th at there shop so ill ask them for more details......
  • Rich9
    Unless I go on my jack, it's off. Other two have bailed out! :?
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Its up to you mate, think we are still going. There is defo 2 of us and maybe a couple more, join up with us if you want, as long as your not a speed demon.... :wink:
  • Rich9
    as long as your not a speed demon.... :wink:

Far from it. I'll be blowing out of my ar$e after the first climb :oops:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • altern_8
    Rich9 wrote:
    as long as your not a speed demon.... :wink:

Far from it. I'll be blowing out of my ar$e after the first climb :oops:

well come and join us mate,at least giggsmaster will have someone to ride with at the back,lol :wink:

we are going to get there about 8-30,as it takes us a bout a hour to get ready,we have a chat and a bit of a chill out before we set off.......upto you mate,might as well join us,even if its just the three of us,will be good to have someone else to take the pee out of and have a general chat...... :wink:
  • Rich9
    I'll try and get there about 9ish. Look out for a white A4
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • If everything goes to plan and my new wheel is up and going il be there, probably about 9 - 9.30.
    Look out for a lanky blonde lad on a black bullit in a big transit :lol:
    Always nice to ride with a few people, Dalby always seems to get quite lonely if your on your own lol
    David
  • altern_8
    Rich9 wrote:
    I'll try and get there about 9ish. Look out for a white A4

no worries mate,so far there should be 5 of us,but you know what mates are like,deff be me and giggsmaster,we will be parked right near visitors centre,in a silver ford estate,with roof racks for bikes.....im on a scott and bro is on a kona,prob set off about 9-30 after we have 4ought about it for a hour,lol
  • altern_8
    David Lund wrote:
    If everything goes to plan and my new wheel is up and going il be there, probably about 9 - 9.30.
    Look out for a lanky blonde lad on a black bullit in a big transit :lol:
    Always nice to ride with a few people, Dalby always seems to get quite lonely if your on your own lol
    David

well we take it nice and steady mate,ride to our abilities,if me and bro leave each other on downhills we normally wait at the fireroads at bottom so we dont ride by ourselves,as like you said,it does get lonely,like i said in post above,should deff be me and bro(giggsmaster),and hopefully rich and 3 of our mates if they turn up.....meet near visitor centre in a silver ford estate with rack on roof......

dont know what we will be doing,as we normally try to do diff parts of red route so it dont get boring evrytime we go to dalby.....will prob decide when we get there and how we feel and what weather is like,normally do at least 14 miles which normally takes us about hour and half to 2 and half hours,depending on how many of us there are,and how much we stop and chat,lol.......

should be a good laugh to meet some new riders.......
  • Rich9
    Nice one. SHould be good. Just need to get myself some new trousers as i'm fed up with cold legs. Bit skint though :cry:

Just checked forecast 6 degress and cloudy. not too bad
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • altern_8
    i just ordered some trousers off wiggle,dont know if they will be here before sunday tho,i normally just wear leggings with shorts over the top.........

weather is suppose to be dry for rest of week and weekend,so hopefully it wont be wet or cold on sunday,fingers crossed......
  • Rich9
    edited January 2009
    went out this aft and bought a pair of Altura Boulders. I usually wear a pair of Ronhill DXB's over liner shorts, but have been too cold recently.

The boys from work have confirmed today they are definitely not coming, so i'll be on my own. Shame really, we could have split the car park fee!!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Some guys from here are looking at making the trip on Sunday.........

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/dalby-this-sunday-t1864.html

:wink:
  • would of met up with you guys, but im meeting my mate at Dalby on sunday who I havn't riden with in a while. Maybe next time though!
  • MattHarper wrote:
    would of met up with you guys, but im meeting my mate at Dalby on sunday who I havn't riden with in a while. Maybe next time though!

No worries mate. What route are you doing then? Do you by any chance go out round North Yorks Moors often? Am after some good routes for that area, I normally just follow the ones in the mags. Do you know of any decent ones, with some good downhill sections?
  • MattHarper wrote:
    would of met up with you guys, but im meeting my mate at Dalby on sunday who I havn't riden with in a while. Maybe next time though!

No worries mate. What route are you doing then? Do you by any chance go out round North Yorks Moors often? Am after some good routes for that area, I normally just follow the ones in the mags. Do you know of any decent ones, with some good downhill sections?

done quiet a few up towards Guisborough, got a few in the southern Moors I want to do, got them marked out on the o/s maps ;) .
    On sunday, we'll be doing the Black route until the north shore, switch to the red so we can head down the DH course and then join backup with the black. problery doing 2 loops of that, we'll see how the day goes. Then a uni (we both goto Hull school of Art & Design)friend and I are doing the full red on Wednesday too. lol.
  • MattHarper wrote:
    MattHarper wrote:

done quiet a few up towards Guisborough, got a few in the southern Moors I want to do, got them marked out on the o/s maps ;) .
    On sunday, we'll be doing the Black route until the north shore, switch to the red so we can head down the DH course and then join backup with the black. problery doing 2 loops of that, we'll see how the day goes. Then a uni (we both goto Hull school of Art & Design)friend and I are doing the full red on Wednesday too. lol.

Am not sure but on Tues 13th I think the bike shop are doing a ride and curry night, starting at 1700. If I can finish work a bit early I might be up for a nice curry, forget about the ride though....

Am probably after the southern Moors, around the area of Rosedale and the like. Whereabouts is Hull School of Art & Design then, is it down Cott Road?
  • Am probably after the southern Moors, around the area of Rosedale and the like. Whereabouts is Hull School of Art & Design then, is it down Cott Road?[/quote]

Its next to Hull College, in Queens Garden in town. I got a nice loop i wanna try, starts at the Hole of Horcum, drops down into Levisham, then through cropton forest, upto Goathland and then back to Hole of Horcum. http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=3100
  • MattHarper wrote:
    Its next to Hull College, in Queens Garden in town. I got a nice loop i wanna try, starts at the Hole of Horcum, drops down into Levisham, then through cropton forest, upto Goathland and then back to Hole of Horcum. http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=3100

Looks like a nice loop, I might pinch that of you if you dont mind. Think I have done the first bit of the route before a couple of summers ago, off a route from a map out of a mag. I remember it well, I got my leg caught on my chainring and still have the scars to prove it :shock:
  • MattHarper wrote:

Looks like a nice loop, I might pinch that of you if you dont mind. Think I have done the first bit of the route before a couple of summers ago, off a route from a map out of a mag. I remember it well, I got my leg caught on my chainring and still have the scars to prove it :shock:

sounds nasty! By all means, give the route a go.
  • altern_8
    well if any fancy it off the other site,we will be starting from visitors centre about 9-30am,hoping to get there no later then 9am.......

hopefully at this moment there will be 7 of us........all with diff riding abilities,some good on uphill,some good on the downhills,some just out for the enjoyment,so we just go at our own pace.......so by all means,the more the merry.......

if ppl are deff up for it,could you reply to this post,dont want to be setting off and someone turns up a bit late,and drove all that way to find we have gone......

rich9>wish we could of helped you mate,but we get a pass for the year,but looks like its only £4 from a post on here> (The boys from work have confirmed today they are definitely not coming, so i'll be on my own. Shame really, we could have split the car park fee!!)
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    2 hr 45 mins for dalby red route the other day, well pleased!! may well be going again at the weekend!
  • LoUiS1985 wrote:
    2 hr 45 mins for dalby red route the other day, well pleased!! may well be going again at the weekend!

Well done, think I am lucky to do it under 3hrs. Aint done the full route for a while, I normally cheat once I get to Dixons Hollow and cut across on road to join the red at other side of forest....
  • Rich9
    altern_8 wrote:

rich9>wish we could of helped you mate,but we get a pass for the year,but looks like its only £4 from a post on here

didnt know it was only £4 in winter. I can just about run to that :!:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • altern_8
    Well done, think I am lucky to do it under 3hrs. Aint done the full route for a while, I normally cheat once I get to Dixons Hollow and cut across on road to join the red at other side of forest....[/quote]

we do stop and chat for about 5 hours tho,then takes us a hour every time we stop to get going again, :wink::lol:
  • altern_8
    fao>rich9>didnt know it was only £4 in winter. I can just about run to that

£4 mate from nov to march>heres link for it......http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recr ... treandShop

see you there from 8-30 till 9-00am mate.......