RP Training Group Ride: Saturday 3rd/Sunday 4th January

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    I took the other crowd down that same lane in Cobham on Friday - there was lots of water about so given the expected temp this evening that will be sketchy!

I'll get a thread started for next week, but may still do 10am at the park tomorrow...
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    phips wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    Oh welln it looks like the consensus is for a 'limited' ride. I want to ride but - also don't want to break my bike so I will see what the temperature drops to overnight.

Yeah, it's gonna be frozen solid tomorrow, you know it :)

The last time we braved it...

3089818586_a413a710d5.jpg

If it lifts above 0 next week I'll be up for a ride for sure.

Yeah and it warmed up that morning..... :wink:

Phips, do you remember that first steep hill we climbed after the cobham incident?.....it was pretty slippy up the top, could imagine this time around we would have to get off and walk up it. :roll:

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Oh I don't know now. I will either be there at 9 or 10. Maybe I should pop out a quick 3 lapper between 9 and 10 am then carry on with you guys. Or just ride to windsor on gritted roads _ decisions, decisions

P.s. Lovely winter scene Mark!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Well, as we're obviously made from tougher stuff north of the border - I'm still up for a ride :P . Was out on MTB#2 in the morning and conditions were fine.
    I'd do Surrey Hills at 9am or could be persuaded to do Windor run.
    James, Mark - looks like you might be up for it :?: There's Fuji as well.
  • felgen
    I am in a real dilemma - I am not sure who is coming to RP for 9, but if I wait and no one shows at 9am by the time I get to surbiton I will have missed the KW club run start as that is at 9am also.

I am guaranteed a ride with KW, but if something goes wrong in the hills.... :shock: as they say in Germany 'scheisse' I will either be there or not.... Have a good ride if I dont see you.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hi all

I may be up for a couple of RP training rides if you don't mind another joining you. Like Felgen, I'm a member of KW, but kids mean that I haven't been out on a club run for well over a year, and RP's only a couple of minutes away. At the moment though, I can only really go out in the afternoon, so it might be a problem meeting up with you.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • The emu
    The more the merrier cjcp but today the usual gang are all in a bit of dissaray.

Just got off the phone to Bernard who neglected to check in to the forum, and was at RP at 9. He's almost literally frozen his nuts off so is heading straight back home.

I'll be there in half hour Rich, so if fyou or others are keen on meeting can you shoot me an SMS, as I'm not keen on waiting around in the cold for no reason :wink:

Cheers

Wilf

• Rich-Ti
    Sorry guys, set my alarm but turned it off instead of hitting snooze... :oops: :roll:

I'm gonna go and pay GB Cycles a visit now to see what their sale is like and then hit the rollers later - feeling guilty so bike related purchases then punishment on the rollers might make up for it! :evil:
  • The emu
    Feck it was cold this morning.

Wore 3 layers which kept me snug but even affter wearing 2 pairs of gloves the fingers were sore for the first hour and the ears felt like they were about to snap off.

Not too sure of the temp but my water bottle was half solid by the 2nd lap :shock:

Met James and ended up doing 4 lazy laps. Its amazing how after even 3 weeks off the bike over Xmas you can lose fitness, :oops: but ended up being a good 60k work out t hellp get me back on track.

My local gym is offering a no-contract monthly scheme, I might take that up for the next few months aswell as one ride a week won't be enough to keep me fit in readiness for summer.

BTW, sorry for taking off at the end like I did James, I was just getting out of the way of the broken down car and thought you were doing the same.

• The emu

• Art Vandelay
    The emu wrote:
    The more the merrier cjcp but today the usual gang are all in a bit of dissaray.

Just got off the phone to Bernard who neglected to check in to the forum, and was at RP at 9. He's almost literally frozen his nuts off so is heading straight back home.
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Disarray indeed :roll:
    I ended up going out with the Paragon due to the lack of commitment to the cause. Not just saying this because I went out but conditions were genuinely lovely :P

Very cold but not particularly icy. Did the usual DP routes round Toys Hill, Crockham Hill etc

Better turnout next time hopefully!
  • funkin
    funkin Posts: 29
    I braved a 90k+ solo ride out in the direction of Windsor. The only part of me that was cold was my toes, but apart from that I stayed pretty warm. Well done to those who made it out today, and have fun on the turbo/rollers later Rich/Phips.
  • Art Vandelay
    Good stuff Funkin.
    MTB overshoes (with rubberized toe covers) are a good tip.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    starting to fade there guys..
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    The emu wrote:

I'll be there in half hour Rich, so if fyou or others are keen on meeting can you shoot me an SMS, as I'm not keen on waiting around in the cold for no reason :wink:

Cheers

Wilf

Cheers, Wilf.

There was not a cat in h*ell's chance of me going out this morning: it was freeeeeeeeezing. I went out this afternoon for just over an hour and did a lap and some reps of Broomfield and Dark Hills.

Hoping to get out the weekend after next in RP for a couple of hours, so will keep an eye on the thread.

Chris
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Rich-Ti
    Time to start next week's thread I guess...

midi - you're like our own little Yoda, lurking in the background until you see something worth commenting on and then saying something profound that spurs us on! Keep it up - gives me someone to try and prove wrong :wink::lol:
  • felgen
    Twas very cold this morning. I managed just under 41 miles average 17.3mph - as Wilf says, it was quite leisurely and the pain due to the chill on my cheeks and ears took some getting used to.

Unlike Rich I hit the snooze button but managed to get up, though I didn't feel like a KW clubrun - preferring to stay more local.

I am glad you had a nice run out with Paragon Al - perhaps I will do a KW run soon.

I will look out for the following weekend ride thread.

:D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    Twas very cold this morning. I managed just under 41 miles average 17.3mph - as Wilf says, it was quite leisurely and the pain due to the chill on my cheeks and ears took some getting used to.

Unlike Rich I hit the snooze button but managed to get up, though I didn't feel like a KW clubrun - preferring to stay more local.

I am glad you had a nice run out with Paragon Al - perhaps I will do a KW run soon.

I will look out for the following weekend ride thread.

:D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Next weekend's thread now active - apologies in advance to Phips for my Prologue ride plan as I know we mentioned doing a club run next weekend, sorry buddy! :oops: :roll:
  • The emu
    ....I ended up going out with the Paragon due to the lack of commitment to the cause.

What cause, I'm training for Spain - my focus is on heat resistence not freezing my nads off.
    ....starting to fade there guys....

3 out of 4 of us foundation riders were out. Fair effort considering.

• The emu
    phips wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    apologies in advance to Phips for my Prologue ride plan as I know we mentioned doing a club run next weekend, sorry buddy! :oops: :roll:

No worries! I'll get around to doing a club run with KW and Dynamo before much longer, before deciding who I'm going to join :)

Weather pending, I might do the usual RPCC run next weekend then.

Based on my chat wth James today, I'll be joining KW and will probably do it in the next couple of months.