RP Training Group Ride: Saturday 3rd/Sunday 4th January

Art Vandelay
Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
First ride RPCC ride of 2009 with a comfortable start time of 9am at Richmond Gate :D

Likely to be 80 or so km round the Surrey Hills with Box Hill a near certainty - can we clock the fastest time of the year? :wink:

Would be great to get a full turnout and new faces 8)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I'm up

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Get in the early, I like it! 8)

Potentially racing at Hillingdon on the Sat so Sunday probably better for me - will hopefully have sorted my christmas present to myself in time too! :shock: :wink:
  • The emu
    Caveat - Weather Permitting :wink:

• Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    The emu wrote:
    Caveat - Weather Permitting :wink:
    You an me both!
    +1! :oops: :roll: :lol:
  • Metcheck says 2C, 25mph winds but fair (25% cloud cover) - let's see how accurate that's going to be :roll:
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Could be up for a ride on either Saturday or Sunday but am completely out of shape at the moment. Might pop along for the first bit before heading home for an early bath :wink:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Wow thought it had gone a bit quiet on the RP front - I aim to be there :D Only 2 kgs to shake, well actually more like 5 to get down to ideal weight - what better way to do it than some nice riding?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    Wow thought it had gone a bit quiet on the RP front - I aim to be there :D Only 2 kgs to shake, well actually more like 5 to get down to ideal weight - what better way to do it than some nice riding?
    I wondered where you were! Al started this thread almost straight after they rode last weekend! :roll: :lol:

Are you planning to race at Hillingdon on the Sat James?
  • felgen
    I have been here though a little busy with in-laws visiting and new baby with
    resultant sleep deprivation. Anyway I may well be out with the Wheelers sunday
    28th. As for racing, well I went and did the winter series race on 26th at
    Hillingdon which was enjoyable though I am not sure when I
    Will get up there again- probably new years ish.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • "The finish was very disappointing with extremely bad riding, a crash sending two riders to hospital. Some good, however, came from the race in that a doctor was in the race and was on hand for advice." :shock:
    Anyone know who the Doctor was :wink:
  • The emu
    Yep....I wonder who was responsible for the bad riding though :roll:

See long term forecast for weekend is described as icy mix :shock:

• felgen
    I voted for sunday- I suppose Rich did too. I am hoping to make this coming weekend and a ride to take away the misery of having to go back to work the day after (I have been on leave since December 9th)!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Yup, Sunday 9am works for me - I just hope there's no ice to damage my new toy on... :wink: :shock: :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    Yup, Sunday 9am works for me - I just hope there's no ice to damage my new toy on... :wink: :shock: :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    My old jalopy doesn't have a replaceable hanger either, so a big off and my bike is in the toilet :(
    Quite possibly the easiest justification for a new frame I've ever heard!

Picture this: "you'll never guess what happened honey, I hit the deck, SNAP, frame broke - gotta get a new one now" at which point you jump in the car and make a trip to Prologue to order that Viner... :wink::lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    What about the newbies from the Road Beginners thread? Any of them considering coming out do you know Rich? Might be worth thinking about a route that allows for a 40k bail out if they don't want to do one of our usual 90k rides.
    I'm sticking to the right side of the road when we get to that lane, any cars can stick it! :lol:

A couple of the newbies appear to be interested - I suggest that James (possibly?) & I do the ride with them on Fri and see how they get on / how interested they are and we take it from there. Could reverse the route a bit as it might be easier to offer a bail out option then, maybe do Box Hill early then head into the lanes South West of Reigate (around Newdigate) on the east side of the A24, then cut over to the west and our more usual play areas?! :D

Just an idea though...
  • The emu
    With a max of 2 and a min of -2 in Dorking on Saturday - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/dorking_forecast_weather.html - them there hills will be treacherous - I'm thinking of bailing and might just do a few laps of RP, but like the weather, its a day to day proposition at the moment as to what I end up doing.

• felgen
    That sounds like a reasonable plan Rich. Either way I will be keen to turn the pedals as I have been way too lazy/tied up with rellies visiting to manage much riding- if I don't get back into it soon I will pay when I start commuting next week.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    Caveat also worried re: weather broken bike would not be fixable owing to cost issues at present so RP might be an option. In fact Wilf, Mike and I had fun when we did a ride round RP a couple of weeks ago...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB