Interesting clippy shoe incident

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Antfly - those pulsating tits are rather vulgar... I'm at work you know, every time you comment I have to make sure no one's watching when I follow threads...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    edited December 2008
    Sorry.Some people like them.I would describe my breasts as bouncing,really.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    My thought is that the time/look/podio/SPD-SL ones are single-sided, is that right? You can only clip in from one side?

Is that a pain? Or do you get used to it pretty quickly?
    yes. yes. no. yes

The rear of the pedal is heavier than the front so they hang ready for clipping in
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Those tits from some angles/distances look like a scrotum. Just saying.

I will never use single-sided pedals again. What a nightmare. I was able to make a direct comparison before changing my Trek to eggbeaters as well and it's a no-brainer.
  • biondino wrote:
    Those tits from some angles/distances look like a scrotum. Just saying.

From which angles have you espied scrotums to be able to draw that comparison? Just asking. :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino
    Have you heard of mirrors, Mr 66?

(also I have a money pouch made of a kangaroo's scrotum my gf kindly brought back from Oz)
  • biondino wrote:
    Have you heard of mirrors, Mr 66?

Yeeesss... I'm not sure that's such a good answer, though. Little bit TMI about what you get up to in the privacy of your own home, methinks. :shock:

Never mind though, I'm as liberal minded as the next person. If you choose to practise winking at yourself in the mirror, that's certainly no business of mine. No sirree! :twisted:
    biondino wrote:
    (also I have a money pouch made of a kangaroo's scrotum my gf kindly brought back from Oz)

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and assume that it was made into a money pouch *before* she brought it back ... :wink:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • JonGinge wrote:
    My thought is that the time/look/podio/SPD-SL ones are single-sided, is that right? You can only clip in from one side?

Is that a pain? Or do you get used to it pretty quickly?
    yes. yes. no. yes

The rear of the pedal is heavier than the front so they hang ready for clipping in

Well that clears that up then! :D

But...
    biondino wrote:
    I will never use single-sided pedals again. What a nightmare. I was able to make a direct comparison before changing my Trek to eggbeaters as well and it's a no-brainer.

Hmmm... Which pedals were you on before the eggbeaters Blondie?
    headhunter wrote:
    Antfly - those pulsating tits are rather vulgar... I'm at work you know, every time you comment I have to make sure no one's watching when I follow threads...

+1. Seriously, mate, lose the boobs, they're really starting to do my head in.
  • biondino
    I had Wellgo single-sided SPD pedals on the old bike. They did the job but the two seconds clipping in - or trying to - before pulling away really did my head in when compared to the eggbeaters.

Eggbeaters = pretty! Isn't that enough, dammit?
  • I have some single sided SPD which to be honest are a bit of a pain, with not allways being the right way round, this said they are on old red who I use for fun rides rather than into town so I don't tend to need to clip in and out much.
  • biondino wrote:
    I had Wellgo single-sided SPD pedals on the old bike. They did the job but the two seconds clipping in - or trying to - before pulling away really did my head in when compared to the eggbeaters.

Eggbeaters = pretty! Isn't that enough, dammit?

Usually pretty= enough, yes! I think I might start a poll... I do like a good poll.
  • biondino wrote:
    Eggbeaters are called Eggbeaters cos they look like eggbeaters:

crank-brothers-eggbeater-pedal.jpg
    What does the spring do?

I'm also finding this thread really interesting, as if I eventually find a road bike to fix up over the winter, I hope to be affluent enough to get some clipless pedals and nice matching shoes come the spring.
  • biondino
    The cleat fits in between any two of the "prongs" of the eggbeaters, and the prongs are sprung to provide tension when clipped in but which are easy to get in and out of. It's not adjustable but believe me, it doesn't need to be, it's spot on.

(NB when the cleat gets worn it might become a little too easy to click out - am wondering if that's happening to me now. No worries, will just get new cleats!)
  • biondino wrote:
    The cleat fits in between any two of the "prongs" of the eggbeaters, and the prongs are sprung to provide tension when clipped in but which are easy to get in and out of. It's not adjustable but believe me, it doesn't need to be, it's spot on.

(NB when the cleat gets worn it might become a little too easy to click out - am wondering if that's happening to me now. No worries, will just get new cleats!)
    Ah, thanks. I've just noticed that the prongs are in two sets, so that makes sense now.

• Usually pretty= enough, yes! I think I might start a poll... I do like a good poll.

Good Lord! That's a dangerous entendre with the likes of Greg T around. :shock:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • I think I might start a poll... I do like a good poll.

I think someone should star a poll on if antfly should change his avatar to something more family friendly?
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    RE antfly's avatar.

You can easily block the image if your using FF. Right click on ot and select Adblock image from the context menu.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    RE antfly's avatar.

You can easily block the image if your using FF. Right click on ot and select Adblock image from the context menu.

I just thought it would be a good idea for a poll but thanks anyway. :D

:D
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    What is FF?Is it family friendly?
    I don`t know what is pretty about the eggbeaters,they look like a kitchen utensil, and I don`t think the aesthetics of a pedal are very important unless you are putting them on the wall :? You can`t even see them when you are using them.Practicality before prettiness in pedals.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    FF = Firefox

lovefirefox.gif
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    redvee wrote:
    FF = Firefox

lovefirefox.gif

I love that smiley!
  • il_principe
    NWLondoner wrote:
    How easy is it to disengage from speedplay pedals? Can you disengage by pulling up as well like SPD's?

I keep thinking about going clipless but riding in London traffic sometimes means you have to suddenly stop and would need a sudden release.

Well it's easy enough, just a twist of the ankle will do it . No you cannot disengage by pulling up - that would be fairly disastrous in a road pedal! I've commuted in London on them with no worries, but the commuter bike now sports SPD's for ease of walking purposes. Speedplay on the other bikes though.
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:
    Eggbeaters are called Eggbeaters cos they look like eggbeaters:

The massive plus with them is entry is FOUR-sided so there is no flipping a pedal involved at all - you just put your foot down to engage and there you are. They are also extremely light, sturdy, don't retain mud and stuff, and are available from about £20 up to £250, depending on your requirements. And they take any regular two-hole shoes. Which you can walk in. And they're pretty and unusual and I can't believe I'm continuing because you're bound to have already gone out and bought some. Right?

I'm sorry but no, no and no. Fine on a commuter, but not a road bike. Road bike - road pedals please. Next you'll be suggesting LiT puts Shimano on that lovely Viner she's eyeing up.

Heretic.
  • redvee wrote:
    RE antfly's avatar.

I don't have that option, and I'm on firefox. I can only block all images from bikeradar, not just that one...

I think it wuold be easier if Antfly just changed it.
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054

+1

This is a bike commuting forum, not Nuts or Loaded
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • il_principe
    Ugly:

Beautiful and road worthy:

SpeedplayZeroTitaniumRed.jpg
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Jen J wrote:

+1

FF adblock plugin:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Jen J wrote:

+1

don't blame technical incopetance on him.. it's work safe you just don't appr it as much as other might

look for the Adblock plus from firefox, that's what you need. it allows right clicking on any one image and removes unsightly adverts and the like... it's top draw

*Sigh*
    here you go
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=ad+block+plus&cat=all

Edit: damn you JG..
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

+1

don't blame technical incopetance on him.. it's work safe you just don't appr it as much as other might

look for the Adblock plus from firefox, that's what you need. it allows right clicking on any one image and removes unsightly adverts and the like... it's top draw

*Sigh*
    here you go

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=ad+block+plus&cat=all

Edit: damn you JG..

Don't go blaming me - I'm not even allowed to use the net on the work computer any more, and am stuck using the iPhone :P

It had been mentioned previously by others that it wasn't the most appropriate image to view during work time. I was merely agreeing that if wasn't the sort of image you expect to find on a bike site.

I don't find breasts offensive. I even have a pair myself...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    Next you'll be suggesting LiT puts Shimano on that lovely Viner she's eyeing up.

Heretic.

If it's a choice between that and the horrible agricultural eyetie rubbish some odd people seem to favour then god, I hope she'll do the right thing and fit some sexy, smooth, silky Dura-Ace, yes!