Anybody in Doncaster like to ride bikes off road?!

13»

Comments

• i go steetley most sundays, but i also go edlo pit top and lakeside
  • KevUK
    KevUK Posts: 111
    Anyone in Donny still riding, getting quite bored riding around by myself, ride a Commencal CombiDisc.
  • One_Job
    One_Job Posts: 9
    Hello,

Joined this forum yesterday and I'm looking into starting riding. I'm from the Auckley area, once I get a bike etc, I'll be interested in meeting up with some people and going for a ride or two.

Would anyone know of anyone where to ride out on this side of town?
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
  • One_Job
    One_Job Posts: 9
    Just thought actually, is there a group of riders from the extreme sports shop? It'd be good to meet up with some people who could show us the ropes.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
  • skulpture
    skulpture Posts: 86
    Hi All,

Thought I would try and bump this thread a little. I see many riders out and about and the people on here could be you! I ride a White Norco Shore One and my mate a Grey GT hardtail.

Regular rides with a few guys meet at the Cumberland Pub (opposite the Hospital) at 6 PM every Thursday.

If anyone wants to meet up before hand, needs directions or generally wants a chat then email me: grahamthorne [at] gmail [dot].com

I went out riding today and the trails are dry and very nice. Just a shame about the Motor Cross bikes blasting about!

:)
  • skulpture
    A DH track has been constructed in the Woods near to Steetley Quarry, Conisbrough. The Woods called Nearcliffe Woods are between the village of Conisbrough and the Old Viaduct.
    The track has been constructed in private woods and is a site of special scientific interest (SSSI)
    Following a complaint from Natural England there is an investigation underway to identify and possibly prosecute those responsible for the building of this track under Section 28 Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
    Anyone building further tracks or riding in the SSSI may face arrest, prosecution and the seizure of their bikes and equipment.

If you require and further information please contact.
    http://neighbourhood.southyorks.police. ... onisbrough

I hope this gets posted on the MTX forums as they rip the woods to pieces, light fires and leave oil/gas bottles everywhere.
  • tenchi
    tenchi Posts: 52
    Is it still possible to get from Sprotborough to the quarry and then up to the bridleway near the water tower? I seem to remember there being a track that ran parallel to the river and railway line.(on the quarry side) I have not been there for many years and have heard there have been a few changes.
  • skulpture
    Yea im sure you can.
  • tenchi
    tenchi Posts: 52
    skulpture wrote:
    Yea im sure you can.

Ta :)
  • KevUK
    Hey skulpture, i live down the road from cumbo, only issue i have at the moment my forks seem to be giving me mega troubles so i doubt ill be out anytime soon, which is typical really lol.
  • KevUK
    Update, bike fixed ready to roll if anyone see's this at some point :)