'Richmond Park Training Group' ride Oct 18th or 19th

13»

Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    felgen wrote:
    Bugger, cant get the route to upload...
    I can either - not getting any error messages, just can't seem to get the .gpx file or the .tcx file onto my Garmin - anyone any ideas?? :shock:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    The emu wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    Bugger, cant get the route to upload..... anyone know what this error means?

Sorry mate are you trying to upload from the web or did you map it yourself?

yeah was trying to load it off bikeroute toaster.com
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    just checking this is still happening....... will give the route upload one more go...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Must have just missed you. Was there at 9.50am but no sign of anyone lurking with a planet-x or cervelo so did 3 laps instead. 59.40 today.
  • felgen
    Must have just missed you. Was there at 9.50am but no sign of anyone lurking with a planet-x or cervelo so did 3 laps instead. 59.40 today.

Humm,not sure what happened there then, as Dan and I were hanging around by Richmond gate waiting for Rich and WIlf to turn up. We were there at 9.46 and waited until 10.05.

Anyway was a good ride, though we weren't quite sure at a couple of turns which way to go... certainly a nice ride though. Hopefully we can make it a more regular thing....

Thanks to Rich for instigating, and to Wilf (Emu) for Navigating!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • So how did you guys find the hills. I would imagine the 10%er after mostly flat riding was a slight shock to the system.

It looked at one point as if it were going to chuck it down, did you stay dry?

Roll on the next one, I will try and be healthy for that.
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • felgen
    The 10% hill was a bit of a grind... The weather was not too bad though it never got properly sunny and it was windy at times, it stayed dry for the whole time.

Anyway, as for stats, I made it 53.4 miles in 3 hours 45 minutes.

Hope you feel better next time Jackal, and I hope we can get a few more out next time.

Speaking of which, when is next time?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Think I've got an explanation, I was at Roehampton Gate - force of habit :twisted:
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Think I've got an explanation, I was at Roehampton Gate - force of habit :twisted:

Bugger, assuming you went anti clockwise you would have ridden straight past us.
    felgen wrote:

Thats avg speed of just under 25km/hr :shock: - I actually thought we travelled a bit faster than that as an avg although wind seemed to be into us almost all day and getting in/out of the city was slow going.

Sadly with all the problems I was having today with navigation I must have stopped and not re-started my ride as I only have the first 45kmh stored. Dooh!

Thanks guys was a great day, I need to do a few more of those as my fitness has a lot to be desired. Turning right and going up the hill at the bottom of RP at the end was a bad call by my part. :oops:

I'm def up for future rides.

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    The emu wrote:

Bugger, assuming you went anti clockwise you would have ridden straight past us.
    felgen wrote:

Thats avg speed of just under 25km/hr :shock: - I actually thought we travelled a bit faster than that
    Well we did average 16.7mph after Box Hill, which is more respectable and if you look at the route, we did take a minor detour in Leatherhead, which looks like we took a hard right, rather than an easy right...
    Thanks guys was a great day, I need to do a few more of those as my fitness has a lot to be desired. Turning right and going up the hill at the bottom of RP at the end was a bad call by my part. :oops:
    No, that was good, it was nice to ride on slightly calmed roads to finish off
    I'm def up for future rides.
    Yeah we must organise another one soon. I know Rich is busy, but I am free, and if Art and The Jackal are up for it that makes 4... ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I checked out the map when i got home - garmin lost the plot a bit early on, but there was also a few dodgy mappings made by yours truly which led to confusion (ie unnecessary check points doubling back on themselves) :oops:

I've ironed out the creases, and if you like I can email everyone the gbx file.

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Sorry for the late reply chaps - not been getting the emails to tell me there were replies for some reason :roll:

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday and certainly plan to do it again, although as mentioned above I am pretty busy with weddings, mtb-ing and a holiday over the coming weeks! :roll: :lol:

My next free weekend is 22nd / 23rd Nov and I'll certainly post something up nearer the time. Don't wait for me though guys - get a few in between now and then and maybe there'll be some more regulars out by then! 8)

Mob no. on the way to Felgen & Emu for night rides in the meantime - will still be planning to do most Tues & Thurs for the rest of the year despite not being around at the weekends :D
  • Unfortunately for me weekends off are a rare commodity in my job so I am not too sure how many rides I will be able to make. I am however off this weekend so if anyone fancies a ride, park or further afield, then let me know.

After that I can make the 15 +16th of November and poss the 22nd but it would have to be the morning.
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • felgen
    well, seeing as it was good fun, and I might be free this weekend, I will start another post to see who is interested in putting tyre to tarmac... see other thread
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB