Disgusting Attitude

Comments

• boybiker wrote:
    I thought that you were meant to be stalking me Fast as fup
    Ive been waiting ages and still no sign :cry:

sorry! ive got an injunction against me at the moment- but ive got my eye on you!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • quote]

sorry! ive got an injunction against me at the moment- but ive got my eye on you![/quote]

What makes him so special :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: :P
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • quote]

sorry! ive got an injunction against me at the moment- but ive got my eye on you!

What makes him so special :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: :P[/quote]

ITS THAT HAIR! ITS THAT LOVELY HAIR!! :o
  • quote]

What makes him so special :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: :P

ITS THAT HAIR! ITS THAT LOVELY HAIR!! :o[/quote]

Damn....I'm as bald as a coot with anxiety :cry:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • hey!

bald can be handsome too!

*looks in mirror*
  • daz51
    daz51 Posts: 159
    For all those who say i dont know what i am on about, thats fair enough,

like i give a fu*k

but at the end of the day the principle is he should finish for pride !!!!

From a bloke who has regiously watched all the major tours for the last 15 years watching Lance etc he was a real cyclist who did not have a quitting attitude.

Cav will never win a major tour i am afraid,

but after all my critism, i of cause realise what a season Cav has and is having. I just think he would develop much better and have more respect if he finished the tours.
  • you cant spell 'disgusting' either
  • daz51
    oh dear, cant i ?????????? i will not sleep all night now for knowing that fact !!!!!
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    daz51 wrote:
    For all those who say i dont know what i am on about, thats fair enough,

like i give a fu*k

but at the end of the day the principle is he should finish for pride !!!!

From a bloke who has regiously watched all the major tours for the last 15 years watching Lance etc he was a real cyclist who did not have a quitting attitude.

Cav will never win a major tour i am afraid,

but after all my critism, i of cause realise what a season Cav has and is having. I just think he would develop much better and have more respect if he finished the tours.

OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo Lance, the real cyclist, who only raced one race a year. If you want to start going on about real cyclists, talk about Eddy M, who is a billion times better than that Texan.

Cav will never win a major tour :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: HE'S A SPRINTER FFS. There was a 1 in 4 on the finishing circuit he was in the rear end of the bunch when it split and he couldn't regain contact, so he quit in preparation for the Tour of Missouri, which is probably more important to AMERICAN sponsors than the Tour of Ireland.

It surprises me that after watching the Tour for 15 years you get shocked when sprinters do this. Ever heard of Cippolini?[/i]
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • daz51
    i suppose everyone who likes Cavendish hates Lance Armstrong ????
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Jez mon wrote:
    OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo Lance, the real cyclist, who only raced one race a year. If you want to start going on about real cyclists, talk about Eddy M, who is a billion times better than that Texan.

Where does this "only raced once a year" nonsense come from?

Aside from 2005 he always won a few other races during the year.

And in the interests of fairness, do you remember Paris-Nice in 05? Yep, that's the one Lance quit because it was cold.

Cavendish was knackered in Ireland. And he wouldn't have kept the points jersey so why should he torture himself for 60km's?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • daz51 wrote:
    i suppose everyone who likes Cavendish hates Lance Armstrong ????[/quote

'like' 'hate'

you sound like a 6 year old
  • Jez mon
    iainf72 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

Where does this "only raced once a year" nonsense come from?

Aside from 2005 he always won a few other races during the year.

And in the interests of fairness, do you remember Paris-Nice in 05? Yep, that's the one Lance quit because it was cold.

Cavendish was knackered in Ireland. And he wouldn't have kept the points jersey so why should he torture himself for 60km's?

He won a few, but never went for the Giro/Tour double or the Velta or the Worlds and never won any of the hilly classics post cancer
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    getting a bit side tracked here methinks

the OP does raise a question that a lot of the wider public will be asking, why can't he win the tour etc. Will people please remember we are talking about a young SPRINTER who is only a second year pro! I am sure he would like to have finished the tour and the tour of ireland for prides sake but he must be very careful, he has already finished one grand tour this season after all.

But, sadly, there will always be these comments, i fear that after 11 wins last year and 14 already this year cav will never be good enough in some peoples eyes. Some people will moan about anything such as his interview technique FFS. Every silver lining has a cloud doesn't it? :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Cavendish is not and never will be a GC contender in any Grand Tour or other major tour race. He simply doesn't possess the physiological characteristics required of a GC contender.

It is the very fact that he has such as high quality sprint that means his ability to climb and TT exceptionally well (what one must have to win a GT) will never be on a par with the GC riders. It is to do with the relative percentage of muscle fibre types in the major muscle groups used in cycling.

As he grows and develops as a rider he has the potential to consider finishing tours and contend for the sprinters points jersey or perhaps focus on becoming a classics rider. Otherwise, for now he would do well to stick to what he is best at, winning flattish road races and earning valuable publicity for his sponsor (and prize money for his team).

If I was a UK cycling fan I'd be celebrating the fact you actually have a competitive pro road rider for a change. They are few and far between.
  • Like other posters, I don't understand why Mark quit the Tour of Ireland, was the green jersey not worth just finishing in the peleton.

Respect to him for winning three stages

I'd just like to see our pro's finishing tours, as well as winning stages
  • Jez mon
    Riding in a peleton isn't just like going out for a jolly old club run. He could have absolutely wrecked himself in order to finish the race and get the green jersey, but it probably isn't really worth it. Besides it went to Downing who deserved something after a great race against top riders.
  • Dave L
    Dave L Posts: 251
    phearnde wrote:
    Like other posters, I don't understand why Mark quit the Tour of Ireland, was the green jersey not worth just finishing in the peloton.
    Simply finishing in the peloton wouldn't have given Cav the jersey, he would have had to finish ahead of (or close to) Downing.
    (Downings final points total was more than Cav had at the end of the preceding stage).
    Dave
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,785
    its that prima donna attitude that marks out a sprinter

we are sure going to love hating him and loving him for it in the coming years...

is he going to have trouble getting to Paris?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Jez mon
    Fairly sure he won't have too much trouble getting to Paris, he managed a very tough giro d'italia and still isn't at the top of his game endurance wise.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Is it a disgusting attitude when a footballer gets subbed to having scored twice in a game, because the manager wants to save him for the next game? Exactly the same principle.

Cav may have decided himself that enough was enough. Or he may have been told by his team manager (not that we'll know).

He would never have won the green jersey, Downing was in with a shout of winning the whole race so was always going to be near the front to pick up bonus seconds and points on the sprints.

Cavendish has a job, that is to win the stages that he is capable of winning. No more no less, get used to it. Yes he may go onto bigger and better things like winning green jerseys, but lets just be happy he's winning anything at all.
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! When you're winning the grand tours try posting here then, if not, go to soap box :roll: :P
  • Remember Cipollini the "Lion King"
    How many tours did he finish. ( Major tours at that) He is a legend.
    The cocky attitude seems to go with the territory. He just needs to brush up on his interview technique.
    Here's a box,a musical box. Wound up and ready to play.
    (brian Cant,Camberwick Green).
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    daz51 wrote:
    I just wish he would finish races, becasue for me now the effort he put in for three stage victories is over shadowed by his quitting mentallity

Agreed completely. I also reckon he should of entered (and of course finished) the Vuelta.

He should also stop moaning about not being able to go up hills. If he was any good he would of won a Grand Tour by now.

Bloomin' mardy northern quitter
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    Couldn't agree more Ste_S. Also, all that moaning he did about Wiggins being tired for the Olympic Madison, he's supposed to be amazing so why couldn't he just win it himself? He's a quitter, that's why.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    whyamihere wrote:
    Couldn't agree more Ste_S. Also, all that moaning he did about Wiggins being tired for the Olympic Madison, he's supposed to be amazing so why couldn't he just win it himself? He's a quitter, that's why.

Oh dear :roll:
    Must be nice being perfect.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • whyamihere wrote:

yeah! right! hes not that good the curly headed manx gobshite quitter-he should have gone solo!!!
  • wicked wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

Nob head :roll:
  • I do believe that Mark Cavendish is actually the most successful pro at the moment this year with the most stage victories. And the season hasn't finished yet.
    And he is the third most successful british rider in terms of stage wins.
    Seems he actually fell off on stage three and injured himself but still got back on and won the stage. That not a trait of a quitter.
    You're not all telling me that you've never fallen off and cut short your ride. I know I have.
    In any case why isn't this post in Soapbox?

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • wicked wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

Nob head :roll:

why? its a valid point- if wiggins wasnt up to the job cavendish should have rode off and won the madison ON HIS OWN!

that he didnt PROVES hes a QUITTER!

honest!