The 'War On The Streets'

13»

Comments

• Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/call ... spade.html

was in use b4 spade was used in a derogatory way.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    edited August 2008
    cee wrote:
    Exaclty my point.....and as another aside, I think I know what your avatar is!

It's certainly a wake up call... :wink:

Sounds like the same thing I thought it was then....but I like to call it trimet*********ine...(masked for those who are still enjoying the challenge of working it out!)

Oh yeah and I am from travelling stock (grandmother was Romani)......I wish folks would stop being so PC. Clearly not every thief in the world is a traveller (some surely are), and I think it was pretty obvious that was not the boys intention.

Political correctness is in my opinion the lowest form of prejudice. Making an effort not to say something is in my opinion just as bad.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • cee wrote:
    cee wrote:
    Exaclty my point.....and as another aside, I think I know what your avatar is!

It's certainly a wake up call... :wink:

Sounds like the same thing I thought it was then....but I like to call it trimet*********ine...(masked for those who are still enjoying the challenge of working it out!)

I love the smell of 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione in the morning!
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
    (John F Kennedy)

Hairy Roadie (new scoring) FCN 1/2
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/call-a-spade-a-spade.html

was in use b4 spade was used in a derogatory way.

Maybe but times and language change, so not appropriate anymore. There are thousands of other words in the english language, use some ot them instead.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • FrankM
    FrankM Posts: 129
    ianment - interesting to see you make a fuss on this thread. You kept quiet about the derogatory things that were said about Germans in the thread about the German driving his camper van down the A40 last week. Maybe you think it's ok to be rude provided you're not being rascist?
  • boybiker wrote:
    I think that the answer is simply that there are an increasing number of people who are simply selfish thieving lying unwashed pikey scum who will go out of their way to fark people over in whatever way they can and some of them happen to ride bikes as well.Nothing you can do about them other to tell them to get off the ******* pavement whenever you can.
    We get a lot of pikey scum round our way and one of them tried to give chase on a gas pipe special after I shouted at him to stop weaving down the middle of the road at 5 mph when I was trying to get past him :roll:

Please don't assume that everyone who cycles slowly and with less skill than you on a cheap, heavy bike is unwashed, thieving, pikey scum.
    Although, perhaps on Button Moon, they probably are.
    I've read all your posts
  • It's not a question of being "PC". "Pikey" is an abusive, derogatory term and is not acceptable in a civilised discussion.

If you want to see where this leads and why it has to be challenged, you don't have to look as far back as Germany under Hitler; just have a look at what is happening in Italy today.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Is there anyone who hasn't worked out what my Avatar is?

Personally I don't tolerate any of that chloroalkane extracted vacuum submilated sh!t.
  • Just troll it mate, who gives a crap if some pedestrian has to jump out of the way or a car has to slam on its brakes? You'll get there faster.
  • boybiker wrote:
    I think that the answer is simply that there are an increasing number of people who are simply selfish thieving lying unwashed pikey scum who will go out of their way to fark people over in whatever way they can and some of them happen to ride bikes as well.Nothing you can do about them other to tell them to get off the ******* pavement whenever you can.
    We get a lot of pikey scum round our way and one of them tried to give chase on a gas pipe special after I shouted at him to stop weaving down the middle of the road at 5 mph when I was trying to get past him :roll:

Please don't assume that everyone who cycles slowly and with less skill than you on a cheap, heavy bike is unwashed, thieving, pikey scum.
    Although, perhaps on Button Moon, they probably are.

I beg to differ! Everyone who cycles slowly is an unwashed, thieving, pikey scum.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    FrankM wrote:
    ianment - interesting to see you make a fuss on this thread. You kept quiet about the derogatory things that were said about Germans in the thread about the German driving his camper van down the A40 last week. Maybe you think it's ok to be rude provided you're not being rascist?

I have a particular interest in this particular prejudice, I think the Germans are able to look after themselves. Anyway I don't think anti German is racist, nationalist yes but not racist. I don't like any unnecessary rudeness but consider racism worse.

As to that particular thread not sure I took more than a cursory look at it. Anyway it would be a huge task to challenge absolutely everything that's offensive on this or on the web in general, way beyond me. So I pick and choose, sorry if this dilutes my effectiveness in your eyes.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Is there anyone who hasn't worked out what my Avatar is?

Personally I don't tolerate any of that chloroalkane extracted vacuum submilated sh!t.
    I guessed bacon, but I'm now guessing from "chloroalkane extracted vacuum submilated sh!t" that I'm wrong. :cry:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill