How to deal with moron chavs

boybiker
boybiker Posts: 531
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
I had a passenger throw a half full can of something at me out of the passenger window as he passed me. Unfortunately he didn't realize I could keep up with him in a 30 mile limit zone so I was able to draw up along side him at the next lights and punch the passenger through the still open window. I have cut my knuckle open on something,hopefully his teeth.
He was going to get out and have another go at me but the lights changed
I know it was stupid and could have got me a sound kicking but I just saw red
The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
FCN :- -1
Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Quality. I hope you broke some of his teeth.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • biggstevie
    biggstevie Posts: 112
    Well done mate just watch out next time your out there might be more of them.
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    There were two of them and they were driving a tonne and half of metal. There was one of you and you were on a bike. Your overwhelming vulnerability in this situation suggests you took the wrong course of action. Had they both jumped out you'd have been assaulted at best and possibly got a complete doing. On the other hand they might just have run you off the road which is a favourite trick of a certain type of car occupant - the type you encountered by the sound of it.

So it might have been a fantasy outcome but the probabilities were not on your side.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • matti76
    matti76 Posts: 2
    Such a foolhardy but superb achievement compels me to stop lurking, and finally make a first post.

I take my ill-fitting helmet off to you, sir. :)
  • ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    Thats class mate. Ive been tempted to take my frame pump off my bike and tw*t someone with it through a window before, but a punch, I like it. Respecttt
  • boybiker
    It was foolhardy in the extreme and I haven't stopped shaking yet but maybe the little tw@t will think twice before he tries that again.
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    I suggest that you now change your hair colour, if they recognise you again they'll just steer the car into you, or hit you with a baseball bat as they pass.

Bloody well done, BTW.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • nasahapley
    nasahapley Posts: 717
    Hat duly doffed boybiker.

I've had a fairly charmed cycling career so far, never even got abuse, but if I did get something chucked at me I'd like to think I'd lamp the t**t who threw it, it's the only language they understand.
  • Nice one man, hope you connected well.

My most recent incident involved some chavs hanging out of a car and slapping me. The one who did it was rather portly shall we say, and was a bit taken aback when I suggested he should try riding a bike, the fat get, as I don't think he was expecting a response. Unfortunately they turned a different way to me at the next roundabout after being caught in traffic. I was tantalizingly close, especially as the guy was still hanging out of the window. I was going to perform a drive-by-right-hook aswell.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • boybiker
    Ive had a brilliant idea :-
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire... BoyBiker. 8)
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Done it myself whilst riding in Swansea, rear passenger tried to push me off not realising the lights in front had changed, connected with a cracking one through his open window.
    Driver jestured to get out but didn't bother when i removed my helmet and got off my bike.

Any way lights changed and a que of traffic telling them to move got them going.
    Like others have said rather fool hardy but if the red mist settles then you really have no choice.

Why do these people feed the need to do this??
    Just today whilst riding near Poole I was going up a steep ascent head down and some tw@t decised to lean out and shout abuse,thought about giving chase as I knew he would be stopped at a ferry further down,but then realised I was bloody knackered and was not doing the climb again!!
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • mikedobson
    mikedobson Posts: 186
    violence merely begats violence.

The genuinely tough thing to do is turn the other cheek. I know it's difficult, I've been there myself. What you demonstrated to this fellow human being was that if the circumstances demand it, violence is justified. He already believes this from his own actions. You underscored it for him.

I'm not a bible thumper or tree hugger or even necessarily a pacifist but when I'm out riding, it's my time; my time in the glory of nature, outside of the normal stresses and demands of life. Yes it's frustrating when some brainless idiot threatens that tranquility or even acts recklessly, in a hateful way. But he only wins if you hate him back.

Smile, make a note of the number plate, tell the police. The more of us who do this, the more unacceptable it will be to bully cyclists.

Peace.
    Character Fully Formed - please send no more problems.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    just be carefull dude.. I would hate to read about some cyclist being run down after trying to kick some chavs a$$

Best to slow down and even stop if anything like that happens. If you feel threatened ride into someones driveway or similar and ring their door bell or something.

Remember some chavs are bevvied and coked up to the eye balls so kicking some lad on a bikes head in for a laugh is probably a normal night out for them

Stay safe
    cartoon.jpg
  • boybiker
    Well,
    Turning the other cheek is all very well and good but the problem is that the police have no interest is this kind of thing whatsoever and the only reason that chavs are chavs is because they have never had anyone stand up to them.
    Having said that its the only time I have ever had any problem so maybe the chav community will learn not to mess with the guy with the bright red hair Grrrrr
    And it felt good at the time.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    boybiker wrote:
    I have cut my knuckle open on something,hopefully his teeth.

Make sure you get a rabies jab.
  • boybiker
    Rabies :shock:
    Ive already had to have a tetanus shot after my mom found out and went slightly bezerk :cry:
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    As an upstanding member of the constabulary I must make a stance and publicly denounce your behaviour. It was ill thought out, agressive and likely to enrage the decency of those honest law abiding citizens who may have witnessed the deplorable behaviour you exhibited. Go and hand your self in at the nearest police station and request they charge you with common assault at the very least or better still affray!...........................................................................

................................................................................................................................................Personally speaking.........Well done that man!! Stands up and applauds loudly!
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • SteK
    SteK Posts: 148
    From my heart - Good on you for kicking some little pr*cks ass.

From my head -
    the only reason that chavs are chavs is because they have never had anyone stand up to them.

Keep in mind also that they're that way because they're easily led.
    Having said that its the only time I have ever had any problem so maybe the chav community will learn not to mess with the guy with the bright red hair Grrrrr

I'm sad to say BB that they don't think like that. I'd hazard a guess that you're a smart lad who doesn't fancy prison - whereas I can tell you with no doubt what-so-ever that there are kids out there that see prison as a status symbol.

Going back to the easily led thing - punching someone infront of his friends is going to have made him embarassed and angry. Fingers crossed you've whacked someone who's got half a brain cell and will let it go.

I have a friend who stood up for another friend one evening. The idiot and his 4 idiot mates didn't let it go - My friend spent 2 weeks in an ICU and can now only see out of one eye.

I know another guy who told a guy in a club to 'f*ck off' after hassling his girlfriend. The chav waited for him on his way home with half a brick and sent him on an all expenses paid 2 week hospital holiday.

You have too many young girls hearts to break just yet amigo. I've got a temper like yours and to be frank - I'm amazed I've not had a serious kicking to date. Despite what you'll hear - chicks don't dig scars man.
  • Parsnip49
    Parsnip49 Posts: 205
    Score one for the good guys.
    The closest ive came is shouting abuse through windows - one springs to mind where i unloaded my best glaswegian at someone who cut me up, not realising his 8ish y/o kid was in the passenger seat.

I like to think the conversation when they got home went like this:

"dad?"
    "Yes son?"
    "that cyclist who shouted at you..."
    "Yes son?"
    "what's a fu**ing blind mouthbreathing c**t?"
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Let's just hope that they don't get revenge on the next cyclist they see who obviously won't be as hard as you.

Seriously though, we all know that cyclists get tarred with the same brush so why should this be any different. Some poor sod may well suffer as a result of your actions. The problem is that you were justified in your actions! Who knows perhaps they have learnt their lesson but i wouldn't assume so....isn't life complex?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • idaviesmoore
    idaviesmoore Posts: 557
    boybiker wrote:
    It was foolhardy in the extreme and I haven't stopped shaking yet but maybe the little tw@t will think twice before he tries that again.

Highly unlikely. A leopard don't change its spots and a TW@T never changes the size of the K@OB on it's head :twisted:

Nevertheless...jolly well done :D
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I can see what people had said and agree... but also the punchee will have had to sit there while his mates laugh at him with his face hurting... but they'll all now realise that cyclists aren't defenseless fodder for their amusement

could go either way...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    well done mate couldve turned nasty but you got away with it and that dork didnt, if i expect any aggro and i can unclip fast enough someones gonna get a painfull crack on the knee from my carbon soled and time cleated shoes, why should we put up with these dickheads who think its a laugh to push someone off his bike or throw stones , cans etc
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    passout wrote:
    The problem is that you were justified in your actions! quote]

Police hat On......"Justified" is revenge ever justified? Because he can't claim self defence, as any immidiate danger had passed! The one thing I hate having to do is lock somebody up for doing something I probably would have "wanted" to do myself in the same situation.
    Is it really worth getting a criminal record for reacting to something that an oxygen thief has done that really didn't achieve anything other than to piss you off a bit.

On the other hand if you happen to come across the same person in the same vehicle and you honsestly believe that he is going to attempt to assault you in someway then you are quite within your right to launch a pre-emptive strike in self defence.

Conversation as I see it:

Cyclist: "Yes your honour, judgship thing I believed that the oxygen thief, sorry aggrieved was about to assault me for no other reason than my bike was worth more than his car and stereo system put together and his girlfriend was secretly coveting my pert cycling buttocks, which is why I reached down for my cycle pump and lashed out at the toothless numpty currently eating through a straw to prevent injury to myself or damage to my steel/titanium/carbon fibre peice of lovliness.

Lawyer: Waffle Waffle ?

Cyclist: No your royal legalness I have no idea who swapped my cycle pump for an iron bar

Judge: Case dismissed

Disclaimer all views are mine alone, at no point are they intended to be taken as the definitive legal bible in any case what so ever....even I don't listen to my own advice :roll:
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Well done sunbeam, although changing your hair colour, route and not going out in the same top for a while might be a good idea :P . I doubt that this fellow has learnt anything from this episode and probably fell asleep in a Tennants or Special Brew stupor dreaming about giving you a good hiding.

This is what justice looks like, yes I have posted it before, I dont care, its marvellous!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3aBevFpt3 ... re=related
  • xio
    xio Posts: 212
    My guess is that he'll think he's been embarrassed in front of his mates once by a cyclist, he'll probably not be in a hurry to do it again. He's probably learnt a valuable lesson about personal responsibility too.

I also think it's highly bizarre that when under extreme threat from someone in a car (being forced out of lane or being grabbed or pushed, or just being intimidated etc) that people expect a reasonable response from a cyclist to a situation that from the cyclists point of view is anything but reasonable. I got gobbed on last week by a guy in a builders van, so I returned the compliment and he went nuts. In the time it took him to stop and get his door open I hoofed off down the road. Call me a chicken if you like, but not a victim!
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    mikedobson wrote:

That is almost total cr@p. It is only true if the person you thump thinks they have a chance against you.

Respect to the OP. I would have done the same had I had the same problem. The only extra thing I would have done was to have noted the Reg in case of any come-back.
  • mikedobson
    mikedobson Posts: 186
    penugent wrote:
    mikedobson wrote:

That is almost total cr@p. It is only true if the person you thump thinks they have a chance against you.

Respect to the OP. I would have done the same had I had the same problem. The only extra thing I would have done was to have noted the Reg in case of any come-back.

You think it's total cr@p that violence is infectious?
    You think it's total cr@p that one act of unilateral violence almost always results in another?
    You think it's total crap that this person went home that night and thought anything other than revenge on our friend the cyclist, or that - given half a chance - he would have responded there and then with more violence?

We live under the rule of law. There are good reasons for this, not least of which is the freedom such a system bestows upon its subjects; a freedom that among other things enshrines the right to free assembly and free speech, the basis of this forum!

Let the law take care of those things it was designed so to do. If, as one respondent has claimed, the police take no interest in an incident such as this, then report it again to a higher ranking officer and keep doing it until someone does. That's the way to get good manners, calm and responsible driving and a respectful attitude towards cyclists.

To paraphrase: it is the quiet voice of the many and not the angry voice of the few that makes a change.

No matter how tempting it is to tw*t someone!

Shantih
    Character Fully Formed - please send no more problems.
  • boybiker
    Mithras wrote:
    As an upstanding member of the constabulary I must make a stance and publicly denounce your behaviour. It was ill thought out, agressive and likely to enrage the decency of those honest law abiding citizens who may have witnessed the deplorable behaviour you exhibited. Go and hand your self in at the nearest police station and request they charge you with common assault at the very least or better still affray!...........................................................................

................................................................................................................................................Personally speaking.........Well done that man!! Stands up and applauds loudly!

No copper is going to take me alive,maaaan Iv'e got a co2 inflater thingy and I ain't afraid to use it so stay back and nobody gets hurt
    I could change my hair to something more subtle,lime green maybe.