Reebok Bikes

13»

Comments

• - Deleted again.

For the last time, EMAIL or PM Whyamihere BEFORE you post.

This is three times this has been requested. We are keeping this account open for you to decide which one to use, not to post with UNTIL you have contacted the admin. You are still banned.

Once more and will be a permanent ban.
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    lol, those reboks are funny. I saw someone on a Apollo FS 26 heading up the clib on The Wall ( a bit of a beast, if you havent ridden it) quite happily, hammering up. Got to the top and he looked slightly more dead, and then saw him in the caf later covered in cuts and bruises and looking absolutelly mullered. poor guy!

A friend of mine at work had one of those "Bronx" bikes, it was a bag of bab....but he came out on a few rides with it until he eventually destroyed the thing. He's now bought a Voodoo. So I'm glad he had it, and so is he. I'd like to give it a medal. :D
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    one of my mates got round 1/2 of the marin trail on a circa 2000 apollo i dont know what it was made of but it was heavy.

We started from ugly house so this included the good bits towards the end.
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Bloke at work seems to think his steel Reebok is lighter and better than my Orange Patriot :lol:
    Didnt say anything... just thought yes of course it is :lol:

Had to laugh when he said he was after a bike, he asked me about good websites to look for a bike, I suggested CRC,Wiggle,Evans,Merlin etc...

He came back the next day and said there all too expensive... I'm not paying x for a bike when I can get one much cheaper at halfords...

I tried to suggest that the one from halfords would be shite and he'd be better off with a seccond hand bargain off ebay or scour the classifieds but no. He also complained at the prices of accessories like lights, think he'd have a heart attack if he saw the prices of say Light & Motion and similar lights :lol:
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Holy thread revival Batman.

And he may not be wrong - it is an Orange you are talking about.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    An Orange PAtriot at that. Never was regarded as an even moderately lightweight machine.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ye olde thread :).

Thing is, these bikes satisfy the market that buys them. Families who buy a cheap bike that looks blinging and ride them around the street a few times before putting it in the shed for the rest of the year. Okay it might go "off road" by dropping off a kerb or maybe even venturing onto a tow path. If it's for a kid it will keep them happy for family rides.

Ride these as they are intended to be ridden and you'd never see a reason to spend a lot of money.

Take them off road properly and they'll rattle apart, then you realise there is no actual suspension and why people spend so much. Though it's not always true that more money = better.

Though with hard tails it's inexcusable to be peddling a piece of crap for a similar price to decent bikes.

Still, as already said, if it gets people into mountain biking proper, then it's a good thing. Worked for me.

As for a theft deterrent. The chavs will go for the crap bike yes, but that £4k bike will be top of the list for the local pros the instant you are seen driving around with it on the bike rack.

robotsuk wrote:
    lool, my neighbour has a reebok bike, and he thinks its the real deal, forks are shoot, have no lockout or compression adjustment, and the rear shock is bouncy as fark????
    wtf

they are shite
    My Recons have no lockout and just a simple rebound adjust. Doesn't stop them being perfectly decent forks.

Not that I'm saying a Reebok bike is any good.
  • Anohter thread revival, they seem to have managed to produce something that looks ridable, it has tora forks in the picture and even a deore derailleur or something similar.

http://www.reebokbikes.com/Gecko/RC0---1P1170311.aspx
  • Anohter thread revival, they seem to have managed to produce something that looks ridable, it has tora forks in the picture and even a deore derailleur or something similar.

http://www.reebokbikes.com/Gecko/RC0---1P1170311.aspx

Dont believe the picture, the spec is listed under it:

Specifications
    Brakes Tektro IO Mechanical Disc
    Forks Suntour XCT V2 Front Suspension
    Frame Material 6061 Alloy Hydro Formed
    Gears 24 speed gears Alivio Rapid Fire Plus Shifters Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur Shimano M191 Crank
    Wheels Alex TD17 32 Spoke Double Wall Rims Quando Alloy QR Hubs Kenda 2.1 Kinetic Tyres

No idea where that picture comes from, but it does not appear to be anything in their line-up, which is quite amusing really.
  • it might be the same principle that halfords adopts, where they just sometimes have very different specifications to what they are supposed to. I mean they change them so often because it just depends on how much it costs them, like when shimano brought out the 105 5700 groupset, we had about 10 carrera vanquishes with complete 105 5600 groupsets on.