Your rants here.

1575576577578579581»

• gbsahne001gbsahne001 Posts: 1,953
    edited 6 November
    overtaken as I reach a blind corner, https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4565043,-0.8877745,3a,75y,33.49h,88.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2KSVSVA5q5ROBRI_zReyDA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

chap decides to have words, as he's clearly seen me shaking my head... pulls over and says, "I cycle the overtake was fine" .... BMW driver... continues shaking head
  • gbsahne001gbsahne001 Posts: 1,953
    edited 6 November
    duplicate post..... can't delete :s
  • redveeredvee Posts: 11,931
    Slowing for a red light from 100 foot away and overtaken by a Focus who less than five car lengths later stopped for the queue of traffic that I slipped up the inside of on the red paint.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • awaveyawavey Posts: 2,145
    absolute c-unit on my commute home tonight, basically tried to drive into me when I was in prime riding through a pedestrian crossing bounded by refuge islands , lent on the horn so much I thought his hand was glued to it, so I went and caught up with him to have a word, absolute waste of time, apparently it was all my fault for being "childish" for not sticking to the gutter basically as theres a dashed cycle lane which isnt worth anything anyway even if it wasnt full of debris,leaves and water, frankly I dont give a damn even if it wasnt Im taking prime through there, and even if I had of complied like the nice lower order of life he thought I was, he'd have close passed me then promptly left hooked me anyway.

• wolfsbane2kwolfsbane2k Posts: 2,844
    1200km on the new bike since July, and in the space of 1 week I've physically snapped 2 teeth of the big chain ring.

That, and the back wheel's axle has worked it's way loose and I can't get the frigging cassette off to tighten it up again means it's probably due a service at the LBS.

So, in prep for that, have taken the opportunity to refresh the studs on the ice tyres - whatever you do when trying to replace them, don't slip as you put them in, as your hand then slides down the wheel, getting caught on each and every stud on the way down. I look like I've been in a battle with a couple of tigers....

Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
    Death of a local lady Gina McWilliam just on her way to work while on a bike in Fishbourne :cry:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156941625876553&id=610261552
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,353

Death of a local lady Gina McWilliam just on her way to work while on a bike in Fishbourne :cry:

yup - sad story - the video doesn't show it to be dangerous - it's a few cars/vans/lorries driving very sensibly - like the majority do.

Of all the bits that are "dangerous" I wouldn't class that bit of road as such. Yes, it's a busy road and you do get cnuts on it - but in terms of space and visibility - it's not that bad.
  • 1200km on the new bike since July, and in the space of 1 week I've physically snapped 2 teeth of the big chain ring.

Too much powaaaaar clearly :D

slowbike said:

yup - sad story - the video doesn't show it to be dangerous - it's a few cars/vans/lorries driving very sensibly - like the majority do.

Of all the bits that are "dangerous" I wouldn't class that bit of road as such. Yes, it's a busy road and you do get cnuts on it - but in terms of space and visibility - it's not that bad.
    Oh aye, the drivers in that film are all "ok" - the problem is the idiots, like most places, combined with "infra" where cycling lanes disappear just as you need it at pinch points, and some drivers are suddenly surprised at narrowing roads..

I've ridden down from havant to west wittering a few times via that route on a weekend morning in the past - I definitely wouldn't want to do it on a weekday rush hour given some of the shocking driving I encountered....

1200km on the new bike since July, and in the space of 1 week I've physically snapped 2 teeth of the big chain ring.

Too much powaaaaar clearly :D

Yep - something like that ( or shifting while under power....)
  • awaveyawavey Posts: 2,145
    driving (dont worry it is still cycling related) my mum home from an appointment tonight,it was well beyond sunset and definitely lights up nightime, and I saw a guy in rugby kit so Id assume been for evening training somewhere but none of it reflective or bright or anything, riding a bike on a narrow path with no rear light at all, and I knew it wasnt a shared cycle path he was on, suddenly meets a pedestrian coming the other way out of the gloom (frankly only illuminated by my lights anyway), and without alook or hesitation plops himself on the road infront of me.

fortunately for him Id anticipated it happening just because my cycling spidey sense told me to treat him like he was on the road anyway , I dont think many other vehicles would have given him that much space to do that safely for him

and Im just left thinking, no wonder people in cars hate cyclists :(

• nitrousoxidenitrousoxide Posts: 3,823
    Compared to 2017 and 2018, I've had a really restrained year in terms of buying cycling stuff. Roll on to last night, adding lots of "maybes" to the baskets at Merlin and PX in their BF sales and then eyes popping out of sockets when I looked at the totals! :o

So then I had to start trimming the baskets down, removing bits that were not the best price I recall seeing recently and other bits that weren't of essential need...

And then forgot out of lack of habit to pay for my Merlin basket via Topcashback or Quidco, to then figure this morning that the Conti tubes I've ordered (29x 1.75-2.35") aren't likely to work with my 38mm Marathon Cross or 38mm Gravdals (although fine for my 2.35" G-Ones and Vee Speedsters), because 38mm is ~1.5". :(

As much I bought some useful/essential gear, none of my "really want" items were a great price anywhere I've seen (carbon aero drop bars still £89 at PX, R7000 34/50 chainset is £99+, Lezyne MegaXL is £160+), which on a good deal would be <£330 total and possibly less reward points and cashback.
    ================
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 2,740
    Got back to the car last night after doing a park and pedal to work.
    A white Mercedes was parked next to me (thought it was a fellow forum member so gave them a nod) with the engine running.
    I'm reasonably efficient at packing up my bike and kit, but it still takes 10 minutes or so. By the time I'd finished, the car was still there with its engine running.

And you'd think a nod from a guy in skintight cycling kit would make them leave as quickly as possible.
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 413

And you'd think a nod from a guy in skintight cycling kit would make them leave as quickly as possible.

I'm guessing you don't do much fetish dogging?
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • redveeredvee Posts: 11,931
    Rode away from home on Thursday morning and 10 seconds later I was rolling in the road when the spindle on one the pedals snapped. Once I gathered myself I looked at the bike and all looked OK till I put my left foot down properly and still had the pedal on my shoe. During the tumble I managed to bend the rear rotor slightly so had that rubbing all the way to work when I got myself back on the road after robbing a pedal off the other bike.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.