Popette's fame

13»

Comments

• Billy we have been sending our blogs into C+ towers, so i guess the question must go to them, we have been doing our bit and we have had our power test and VO2 results and been talking to Joe Beer reagrding our training regimes.
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    There are some quick updates in this months Cycling Plus...
  • And we'll be putting a full update and blogs up soon. Sorry, we've been a bit slow! (It's this redesign malarkey, right slows you down...)
    Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    Not to worry folks, I'm just very interested to see how you all get on. I'm dead jealous if I'm honest.....all that freebie gear and an expert fitness guru....tsk :wink:
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Hey, congratulations all round! Looks like it's all going well - keep us all posted!
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Ah, that's nice - like the article. I look a right mess on that picture though :oops: :lol:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,517
    I can agree with Popette about our coach and the day, and the bikes are amazing. I have only used Campag, but there is a difference, and now i have two bikes, one of each type, i think i would prefer the Shimano.
    How are you getting on with the Felt? I feel horrified that they are making you ride that instead of the Casati but that's my prejudices showing through!
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    You bake your own energy bars!! That's just brillant!
    Every winner has scars.
  • popette
    not any more, I don't even make my own cheese sandwiches. I'm trying to replicate sportive conditions so I'm starting to use powders and gels and stuff I know I'll definitely have on the etape - Coach's instructions :D . I've not actually tried a gel yet as I managed ok with just the carb drink. I had a sip of my husbands gel last year and it was like frog spawn - not looking forward to eating a whole one.

As for the bike - it's amazing. I only have a Giant SCR3 to compare to but the difference is incredible and I've knocked big chunks of time off my local loops. Makes me think though - what if I spent 3 or 4 thousand on a bike; how fast would I go on one of them?
  • BernieG
    BernieG Posts: 27
    "I had a sip of my husbands gel last year and it was like frog spawn - not looking forward to eating a whole one."

Fnar Fnar...

I'll leave now .... :oops:
  • I must say my Casati is a great bike, and the guys at Racescene in Barnsley are really supportive with the Felt bike, by advising on a change of saddle and a few other bits and bobs, and they even set it up to my exact spec, so it feels great.

I may have let my bike down a little yesterday with the Lakeland Loop. I bit off a bit more than i could chew at this early stage. I was never a climber in my youth, and trying to haul 118 kilos over those hills was so tough. I had to walk up some of the tougher climbs. But its only a start and my determination is even freater to get the weight down, fitness levels up and dance over the hills like the rest of the 300 guys and gals that passed me yesterday.

But i wont give up becasue this year will be a real adventure, and i am up for it.
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    popette

"Trying to turbo with a 2 year old pestering for various things makes me feel guilty and stressed"

Kiddie bike seat on the back of the turbo?

:D
  • popette
    he he - yes, that could work :D:lol:
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I was on the turbo trainer once when my then small child walked in front of me. Instinct took over, I slammed the brakes on and tried to swerve around her. Looked very embarrassed as I picked my self up from the floor. :oops:
  • inside the minds of men,

" wow, Popette is a babe :D "

inside the minds of women,

" I look a right mess on that picture "

:D
    climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber.