Popette's fame

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited April 2008 in The bottom bracket
Hey Popette I saw you in C+ :) Fame and fortune no doubt await you :lol:

Remember us mortals and leave the drugs alone. It just aint worth it :)

Comments

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Hey Harry! :lol:
    I'm keeping it real - still doing my ironing on a Monday morning.
    I had a large injection of G&T on saturday - it enhanced my dancing performance on the night but not on my Sunday morning ride. :)

I wouldn't mind having a groupie if you want to volunteer :wink:
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...Popette, does this mean you are destined for an appearance in "Girls in Lycra Shorts" thread?... :shock: :wink:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    *lecherous Sid James style laugh*
  • As to my team mates fame, it has been heard that she is now riding around the leafy lanes of Cheshire shouting to other cyclists "dont you know who i am" alegedly!!

But why does Popette get all the attention surely that is very sexist and there must be some lovely young/middle aged/mature ladies that prefer the more fuller figure of a lycra clad athlete.

Al those interested form an orderly queue or drop me a PM!!

Well no one else is sticking up for me!
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • I think Popette was the only one to get their forum alias mentioned?
  • popette
    ChrisLS wrote:
    ...Popette, does this mean you are destined for an appearance in "Girls in Lycra Shorts" thread?... :shock: :wink:

steady on........I'm not sure I'm up to the high standard that has been set on that thread :wink:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    popette wrote:
    ChrisLS wrote:

steady on........I'm not sure I'm up to the high standard that has been set on that thread :wink:

Why not? I believe the only qualifying criteria is "girl" and "lycra".
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    we could do with inspiration popette. :wink:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    popette wrote:
    ChrisLS wrote:

You going to appear also then red ? 8)
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    sory to be dense but where is this article? :?
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    popette wrote:
    ChrisLS wrote:

You going to appear also then red ? 8)

I don't meet the qualifying criteria.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • popette
    Cycling plus, page 92 :lol:

I'm going for a photo shoot next weekend (get me!) so if there's a half decent picture (I have been practising "racy" poses - hands on the drops, arse up in the air whilst sucking in my stomach for all that I'm worth and trying to look a bit sultry at the same time!) I may just post it on GILS. Posting pictures of yourself can't be right though. :?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    which month? I've just looked in the March issue and it's the test bench. Did you help review something? Or has the April issue just been released?
  • popette
    yes, it's April.

They have picked four readers to be on their team of 2008 and I'm one of them. C+ are helping us to meet our goals for 2008 and following our progress over the year. They have been incredibly generous in supplying bikes, kit and a coach - really amazing!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    popette wrote:
    yes, it's April.

They have picked four readers to be on their team of 2008 and I'm one of them. C+ are helping us to meet our goals for 2008 and following our progress over the year. They have been incredibly generous in supplying bikes, kit and a coach - really amazing!
    Funny how they supplied you with exact replica of your bike :D
  • popette
    with dirt too :wink:

We collect our new bikes next week. It's worse/better than waiting for Christmas :)
  • hammerite
    popette wrote:
    yes, it's April.

cool, well done on being selected. I did think about applying myself but just didn't think my plans would be interesting enough ........................ plus the fear of failure is quite high should I not meet my goals :lol:
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    The ones who fail often don't have enough of this "fear of failure" thing.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Is there an official fan-club we can join?

The Pop-ettes?

Team Popette?

:wink:
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,775
    popette wrote:

We collect our new bikes next week. It's worse/better than waiting for Christmas :)

How exciting!

What bike do you get, did you get a choice?

And do you get to keep it afterwards?!

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Popette

You can be our team spokesperson!! (Oh no just noticed the pun there, pretty good one tho!)

I think we can tell people now what we are getting as it is in print.

Oh and i am the fat guy under Popette.

Cheers
  • Oh and i am the fat guy under Popette.

Yeah, in your dreams Howie :D
    climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Might have to buy the mag at the w'end and wade through the pointless car ads now.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Desert

Truly i am. I am the Howard Johnson, once of the couch variety supping fine wines, now of the cycling vatiety slurping SIS electrolyte by the bucket.

Ask Popette she will vouch for me.
  • popette
    I vouch for Howie - that is really him.

Dessie, I also vouch for my husband who is the only guy under me :wink:
  • popette
    Daniel B wrote:
    popette wrote:

How exciting!

What bike do you get, did you get a choice?

And do you get to keep it afterwards?!

Dan

Hi Dan, we're getting Felt Z65s and I think that we get to keep them afterwards. We didn't choose them ourselves but had I had a choice, that would have been on my shortlist. I was looking for a sportive frame with relaxed geometry so the z65 is perfect for me. I may have to change the gearing as I'm used to a triple and think I'll need those low gears to get me over the mountains.
    :)
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    popette wrote:
    I vouch for Howie - that is really him.

Dessie, I also vouch for my husband who is the only guy under me :wink:

Well it's nice to see t 'other half is under your THUMB .Pretty much the same rule of THUMB in this house. Now where can I hide :idea:
    bagpuss
  • hammerite wrote:
    which month? I've just looked in the March issue and it's the test bench. Did you help review something? Or has the April issue just been released?

never miss another -

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12560433
  • hammerite
    Read the article, very good! I'm looking forward to reading all of your exploits!!
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    Good luck Poppet and Howie. Sounds like a great experience.

Envy? Me? Never...
    Every winner has scars.