Christmas Day??

2»

Comments

• didnt ride yesterday decided to do the family thing and chill. went out this moring at 5am though for a swift 75er!

Good to be back on the bike! Roll on tomorrow!

Gats
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Where was everyone on boxing day?

Went out for a very pleasant and relatively leisurely 40 mile loop and not until I was a couple of hundred yards from home did I see another cyclist. Not even a kid playing on their new bike!

I did see a kingfisher though, so statistically they are as numerous as cyclists in my part of Yorkshire. :)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas - I did, but my prized new Ti bike is still awaiting its first outing - too wet and horrible here.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • Quality rather than quantity in my book...half an hour on the turbo trainer over Christmas!:)
  • Went out for a quick 15 miles on the mtb up all the biggest and steepest hills I could find, just to inflict pain on my brother and my mate who were in tow. I must have a bit of evil in me.
    Today I rode my first 10 it was cold and wet and I had a bog standard road bike. I managed 31.43 which I was disapointed with as I wanted to go under 30.
    I blame my lack of riding up until now, but I was offered some advice after the race which was to not wear a jacket if u dont need to and I made the mistake of riding on the hoods rather than in the drops which probably lost me half a minute.
    Learnt my lesson and have something to guage the upcoming season on. After the race I went out and did another 25 miles just to round things off. Tomorrow rest day, Friday will be a good training ride. Saturday out on the MTB on the coastal path to Zennor and Sunday club ride. Steady week next week and full training starts after the new year.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    4 hours today and none yesterday :(
    Bloody boiling I was too! Ended up rolling up my sleeves and taking my gloves and half unzipping my top to stay temperate. Wasn't even wearing a thick top or anything!
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Well, I suppose as I started the thread I had best respond to the question!!
    Did 25 miles on christmas day on my fixed wheel.. Gave me a good appetite :D
    Did 20 miles on fixed on Boxing Day to clear my head :mrgreen:

I hope everyone had a great christmas
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    None on Christmas day, but did a couple of hours Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. As pedylan said, where was everyone? I didn't see a single cyclist out yesterday, and it was the first sunny day for ages :?
  • 20 miles Xmas day, fastest time since october on a loop I use, how I'm not sure...did an hour with the kids on their new bikes yesterday, and now a 30 minute turbo, and a 90 minute ride afterwards. Roads look dry so might get the carbon bike out...
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Been hissing it down in Manchester all day :(