Christmas Day??

sithebike
sithebike Posts: 213
Who will be riding on christmas day?

I will be going out for a few hours before my wife wakes up.
As it is only the 2 of us it's not a problem and my wife is happy because I will wake her up with breakfast in bed :D

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    yep, I'll be out for a couple of hours, just to work up an appetite for dinner time. I'll be sitting around at other peoples' houses all day so I need to get a bit exercise in first , so I can settle down and not be restless all afternoon.
  • exactly right.. will also be out on boxing day to work off christmas day :shock:
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    Who will be riding on christmas day?

I will be going out for a few hours before my wife wakes up.
    As it is only the 2 of us it's not a problem and my wife is happy because I will wake her up with breakfast in bed :D[/quote

Don't want to put a damper on things but say you puncture or something and end up phoning her to get out of bed and pick you up. :roll:

I say, don't count your turkeys before they hatch. :wink:
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    I've done a Xmas day ride in the past. Out of town everything is weirdly quiet, even the A roads, but the suburbs are a nightmare – everyone half pissed driving round to granny's for dinner.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Absolutely.

It would be nice to go for an hour or two, appreciate the empty roads and work up an appetite to make the most of lunch.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Not Xmas day but will be out on Boxing Day. Will probably have a walk out on Xmas day though as I hate being stuck in the house all day.
  • No chance! A day with the family and a bottle of whisky! Nor boxing day, well maybe 30 minutes before the next wave of alcoholic haze crashes down....
  • I'm gonna go out for as long as possible to stay away from all the junk food. I know what will happen if I stay in I'll get bored, then anxious then stressed and just start eating my way through the house. Best hing is to go out until dinner get so knackered that I can only just eat a bit and then go to bed until its all over.

Gats
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    I'm gonna go out for as long as possible to stay away from all the junk food. I know what will happen if I stay in I'll get bored, then anxious then stressed and just start eating my way through the house. Best hing is to go out until dinner get so knackered that I can only just eat a bit and then go to bed until its all over.
    Gats
    Oh dear that doesn't sound like a very healthy plan mate :?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'll be out on Christmas day for a couple of hours, the roads I frequent at home are quiet(ish) at 8.30 on weekdays, so they should be dead on Christmas day.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I wish I could but I have to go to my parents house and that means no bike... unless I take the bike on the train which I suppose is doable.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    Out for an hour ...

Plus I'm racing cross on boxing day
    Paul
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    Maybe not on Xmas day. But we do have a 10TT on Boxing day 10.00 to help work of some of the pud and blow away the hangover
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • Ashley_R
    Ashley_R Posts: 408
    Wish I could, still recovering froma hernia op, oh well its a day of overindulgence and excess to make up for it then I suppose!
    You can lead an elephant to water but a pencil must be lead
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    guys, what about staying in bed, getting your wife breakfast in bed, having a glass of sherry at 8am, opening pressies with the kids, watching crap films, stuffing your faces.
    Cycling has completely taken over my world but I wouldn't go out on christmas day.
    NO WAY.
    :lol:
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Well said Popette - the voice of reason in a crazy world! :D
    Still breathing.....
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    popette wrote:
    guys, what about staying in bed, getting your wife breakfast in bed, having a glass of sherry at 8am, opening pressies with the kids, watching crap films, stuffing your faces.
    Cycling has completely taken over my world but I wouldn't go out on christmas day.
    NO WAY.
    :lol:

Well said. I cycle everyday, so I'm really looking forward to spending the day away from bikes and enjoying time with the wife and kids......
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    there are better ways of getting some early morning exercise than cycling, particularly if there are no kids around. :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Mog Uk
    t4tomo wrote:
    there are better ways of getting some early morning exercise than cycling, particularly if there are no kids around. :D

Ahh yes, sneek a quick go on the Nintendo Wii before they wake up... :lol::lol:

:wink:
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    t4tomo wrote:

who cares if the kids are around!! that's what duvets are for :D
  • Mog Uk
    popette wrote:
    t4tomo wrote:

who cares if the kids are around!! that's what duvets are for :D

You wrap the kids up in a duvet whilst you get 'jiggy'...

There's laws against that, I'm sure.... :D
  • i'll venture out if it aint raining

makes the day a bit more fun haha

bar humbug

http://www.velodromeshop.org.uk - Track Cycling Shop from Velodrome.org.uk - Casco, Bont Shoes, Dolan, Campag, Reflex Nutrition, Sugino and more
    http://www.sportstrainingsolutions.com - Cycling and Sports Therapy in Mallorca
  • christmas sucks :evil:

I'm aout all day and then going back to work on boxing day despite the fact the offic is officially closed.

officially i a bad mood. Gonna have a biscuit.

Gats
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Christmas Day will be a nice 12 mile run, with Mrs wrx, in preparation for a Half Marathon.
    I then get to cook the meal, etc.

Boxing Day I'll go out on the bike.
  • Out Christmas day on the MTB for a few hours as I have a 10 mile TT on boxing day sweeeeet. 8)
  • i can never understand why them ppl skinny dip in the sea on christmas day, it all seems rather cold :lol:

http://www.velodromeshop.org.uk - Track Cycling Shop from Velodrome.org.uk - Casco, Bont Shoes, Dolan, Campag, Reflex Nutrition, Sugino and more
    http://www.sportstrainingsolutions.com - Cycling and Sports Therapy in Mallorca
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Might get out today for a quick spin (Chistmas Eve) but you've got to be careful with the 'hissed' up drivers. Christmas day - no chance - pressie opening, cooking, eating and drinkng, plus playing with the kids toys...

Boxing day - probably...

Not been on the bike the last week as it's been an Ice skating rink in these parts. Warmed up today..... whooo
  • Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    Depends on the weather - May just stay snuggled up together indoors all day or may go out around lunchtime, but we'll need to be back after a couple of hours to put the duck in the oven for dinner. Just did 200km yesterday though and have a ride on 27th and 29th planned.
  • oh I dunno what to do - ride or not ride? maye buy some rollers and do that instead of going out? My ride this morning was pants though and after 2 weeks I still have this cold...need to ride though..what to do?

Gats
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Went out this morning for a quick hour or so - saw 14 other cyclists...blimey, a record - all burning the hangovers off (or I was)...

Now for Christmas lunch soup, then off to a party later...more 'pop' !!!! :D