How many bikes do you have?

Comments

• mc
    mc Posts: 70
    Currently two rideable.

The old faithful 04 rockhopper is currently built up,with a set of 36 Talas on it (only frame I had that wasn't broken, and only working forks!). No pics in it's current form though.
    06 Commencal CroMo in orange, bought as a play bike. Really want a set of argyles on it, as I'd be better of with a set of rigid forks than the dirt jams - handling on anything but perfectly flat ground is interesting.
    446022670_c75869d219.jpg

But also have two new frames, which both arrived last week.
    Yeti AS-X in Anodised Black (big thanks to Jamie@balfa for sorting me out a brilliant deal after the hassle I had trying to get a Nox through him. 4 months of lies and BS from Nox, meant the Flux FR was finally cancelled). Hopefully get it built up this week, using all the stuff from the rockhopper.
    799847388_a040e46532.jpg
    06 Commencal Absolut Alu. Third frame I've had after seat tube issues. I should really get something with a longer seat tube, but I just love the super short top tube. Probably won't have enough bits to get it built up for a couple of months though :-(
    362918596_83ea5c58a2.jpg
    That's a picture of the old one, but the new one will be near identical.
    Currently looking for inspiration of a setting for the Yeti build (I don't do garden/shed shots of my own builds ;-) )
  • orangechimp
    orangechimp Posts: 1,335
    1999 or 2000 Orange Mr XC
    2007 Orange P7 one
    2006 Dawes HT
    oh and a DMR sidekick

both Oranges in link below.
    my bikes and stuff http://orangechimp.fotopic.net/

it\'s only unethical if you get caught.....
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    al_yrpal wrote:
    Hi Snooks,

That looks like Swinley Forest, I went there once. It has all the charm of erm.....Bracknell!?

Paul,

Hi Al,

Yep it is Swinley (prolly the man hole cover gave it away) :)

Went out there for the first time on Thursday, bought a copy of the Rough Ride Guide and I'm getting out and exploring :cool:

While Richmond Park and the Thames are fine, I've done them to death and there's nothing quite like dinging a tree a speed (and recovering) to realise how much fun pratting about on a bike is!
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Just the 1 :(

Thinking of an STP 2 though if the gf goes out for long enough to whip out mr plastic :twisted:
  • al_yrpal
    al_yrpal Posts: 102
    Snooks,

It was actually the view that identified it as Swinley.. It makes me feel like yawning, it was sooo boring.

Invest in OS Explorer sheet 171 and
    ride hundreds of really natural trails, not constructed ones like at Swinley

Heres a good un. http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=18. - Loads of scenic singletrack, a couple of killer hills, fields and beechwoods, magnificent views and even a free cuppa thanks to the ladies of Pishill parish church. You could even rail it from Twickers to Reading station and make a day of it. That would make it 10 on the road and 38 off road.

Next time you fancy a change give it a go

Al
  • russ0228
    russ0228 Posts: 228
    i am down to having three and a two frames. they consist of a 2007 commencal meta 5.5 custom build, a 2007 giant stp zero with a few upgrades, a 2005 revolution courier. the two frames are a 2005 marin b-17 and a 1980ish specialized steel ritchey rockhopper
    sorry only pictures i have are of the stp and meta

my commencal meta 5.5 custom build
    SS100261.jpg

my giant stp
    SS100343.jpg
    internet (in ter net), secret sanctuary of idiots and nutters.
  • Blundell
    Blundell Posts: 308
    I have 4 bikes,
    1996 trek 6500
    2004 Klein attitude xv
    2006 Anthem 2
    2007 Scott scale 20

All are well good in their ownb kind of way.. even though I spend most time riding the klein
    [img][/img]http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1336029/[/url]
  • just the one bike at the moment for me =/
    2003 santa cruz v-10..plush as
    but in the last 2 years ive had 7 bikes due to change in riding styles

started with an apollo slalom
    then a trek something or other
    a custom "brand-x" that i couldnt be bothered finishing
    orange hitman - 06 model - stock but with fox float rlc 130's
    then the front wheel snapped, braking my shoulder and forcing sale
    then a 2004 dmr trailstar lt..bit heavy though
    next a giant vt set up for freeride
    and since may this year i have had the v-10

so ive been through about £8000's worth of bikes and i only started with £400, good eh?

the v-10 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1306490/
  • Five currently:

Trek 4300 (old) set up for commuting to work.
    Merlin Malt 1 - singlespeed
    Merlin Malt 4 - light hardtail XC bike
    Orange Patriot - brilliant for the bigger stuff when I get out of Surrey
    Specialized Allez Elite road bike

As for the comment about Swinley, that was absolute rubbish! Those trails, though man-made are by far the best in the area, and while bettered by the North Downs to the south, there's not much out to the immediate north or west that has more challenging singletrack. Yes, the XC rides around Henley, Wallington etc are good and provide some excellent scenery, but with less technical challenge than has been built into the trails at Swinley. A lot of people have spent time and effort making sure the forest contains a mix of quality singletrack, albeit with little in the way of height drop. A lot of the good routes aren't obvious, but when you find them they will make you smile and you will keep coming back. And no, I'm not some anti-XC rider (see bike list) as I love to go out for long rides as well. Feel free to get in touch with Gorrick or Berks on Bikes mountain bike clubs as they look after the trails on behalf of the Crown Estate, and would love to get some constructive feedback on what people want to ride.

The straighter the line, the faster I go!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    Cove Foreplay, for all mountain bike duties. Not ridden it off road for more than 6 months.
    SS MTB/roadie thing. Fully rigid, on the verge of breaking all the time. I love it, was used for commuting to college.
    Coyote road bike. Custom built, very fast, easy to ride. I ride this one the most.
    Raleigh Record Sprint. Nearly finished rebuilding it, will either go to a friend or be used for commuting.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    2 as shown in sig. I'd love a road bike but we've run out of space, my Stumpy lives indoors now.
  • Custom Prophet 07 frame

Cove Handjob 07
  • patchb
    patchb Posts: 17
    Just 2 although i'd like a road bike and a full susser.
    Giant XTC se for general mountain biking.
    Proper Houdini BMX for bmxing.

oh and an old granny bike for going down the beach on!!
    My Rides:

2006 Giant XTC SE
    Goodridge braided hoses y0!

2005 Proper Houdini

2000 Aprilia RS50
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Just the 1 at the moment, custom Giant Anthem...

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1420559/

Pic of my old custom Identiti Dr Jekyll jump/play bike

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/286336/
  • Dunk
    Dunk Posts: 5,291
    Have have 2 bike but only one works and i don't own much of it cause most of the parts are borrowed off a mate. Oh how i am nackered. :(
    Soon to be updated!!!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    3: Carrera Subway for commute + quick get about bike. Club Roost XC-4 custom for any xc stuff (freehub has worn out, new Mavic 719's on Pro 2's soon) and the Orange Patriot 66 for any DH/FR stuff (this year been to Ae, Mabie, Fort William, Innerleithen and Glentress, good times!) Although wauting on a new mech hanger for the Orange as I snapped the mech and bent hanger at the Kona Darkside :( So i'm only able to ride the least favourite of my bikes..
  • taytas
    taytas Posts: 116
    Just the one i'm affraid, (in sig. below), thats all i can afford. Fortunately it does pretty much everything well and It's capabilities are way above mine at the minute. :wink:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/78996282@N ... otostream/

LIFE'S WHAT YA MAKE IT....ALLWAYS HAS BEEN, ALLWAYS WILL BE.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    SS100093.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

hazelsbike.jpg

Zelos.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

Think thats it at the moment. :)
  • Nice collection there Andrew. :D

I take it you're a race whippet?

I like the Dale best but I'm biased, which one do you like the most?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Far from a race whippet! More like an XC enthusiast with more money than sense!

The Bottom one is a Carrera Fury with 120mm travel which is great for general trail riding, next up is Carrera Zelos which was build entirely out of parts i had lying around and is my knock around bike.

The dale was something i picked up for £150 so couldnt say no knowing how well the leftys work so I am pretty pleased with that but I'd say my favourite is either the XTC or Anthem.

XTC was a nice project to work on to build round the carbon frame while making the bike a nice balance of lightweight and strength (19lbs) and the Anthem came about due to general ebay browsing and saw the frame listed as BIN £415 so I snapped it up there and then.

I'm looking to add a road bike to the collection soon :wink:
  • i have a dimondbake t20 trails bike a rbk nitro bike a yuse that 4 jumps and a sabotcase evo 2 for a little bit down hill and jumps :D but i am hofuly going 3 get a new kona stinky primo at christmass :D
  • well i have a broken bmx and a shockwave but iam saving up for a new bike. :D :!:
  • Just the saracen blitz at the moment! as u can see in my sig.
    However in the next few weeks i should be getting a beastie new bike!
  • HuDDy25k
    HuDDy25k Posts: 21
    I only have the 1 I am poor :(

My GT I-Drive 5 3.0 2006
    http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j142/ ... =Bike3.jpg
    MaDe In ThE MoUnTaInS Of BaRnSlEyStAn
    My Bike:-
    http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j142/ ... =Bike3.jpg
  • A 1999 kona cindercone, dripping in goodies 8)
    A 2006 whyte 46, stock at the moment.
    2006 whyte 46
    1999 kona cindercone
  • thaibog
    thaibog Posts: 271
    37 years old here and managing to hide big spends from the wife on 3 bikes...the bmx is a bargain i picked up for £100 a few years back but my hardtail and my full susser are continually evolving..
    i strip the big travel forks and wheels off the hardtail for the full susser when i go to wales and the suchlike ..also have the 4 pot front hope m4 that swaps over..thats had a phenolic piston rebuild.
    Stack a short stuboid strem on her too..

the enduro runs at 29-31lb in xc mode and 32-35lb in downhill mode

depending on the tyres, chains and fork combinations
    check my sig for pics
  • paulf2007
    paulf2007 Posts: 341
    thaibog wrote:
    37 years old here and managing to hide big spends from the wife on 3 bikes...the bmx is a bargain i picked up for £100 a few years back but my hardtail and my full susser are continually evolving..
    i strip the big travel forks and wheels off the hardtail for the full susser when i go to wales and the suchlike ..also have the 4 pot front hope m4 that swaps over..thats had a phenolic piston rebuild.

check my sig for pics
    its not only me that hides his addiction from the wife, sometimes I have to tell a little lie and say that bike is someone elses I am fixing
  • PhatPig
    PhatPig Posts: 69
    Just the one - 2007 Merlin Malt 4 - I love it!!

Well 2 if you want to include the 01/02 (I think) Rockhopper I recently fixed up & gave to my brother - it kissed a car a few yrs ago & spent a long time in recovery

carrera fury 2006 - XC and town bike
    Focus dirt decision 12.9 - everythin else
  • thaibog
    thaibog Posts: 271
    paulf2007 wrote:
    thaibog wrote:

check my sig for pics
    its not only me that hides his addiction from the wife, sometimes I have to tell a little lie and say that bike is someone elses I am fixing
    Rofl...I hear ya...

Me and my buddy buy stuff for each other and quietly fix it on to our respective bikes..
    Just working out how to convince her that i need a new helmetfor £100...a quick swipe with the hammer is the only way i think

thumbs up for the odd white lie