How many bikes do you have?

killercheese
killercheese Posts: 60
edited September 2012 in MTB general
Please tell us all how many bikes you have and include pictures and what you use the bike for.

As for myself i have a gt avalanche 2.0 and an Apollo vendetta. I use my gt for trail riding and am building my apollo back up to be a cheap fix until i get my full susser (its was £300 back in the day).

Lol cant wait for supersonics!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Just the two at the min, and a couple of frames!

This is the Ruckus:

Ruckus

Put together for 300 quid, does a sterling job! Zaskar as in my sig, and have a Saracen DTox frame and Beone drone frame knocking about.
  • SiLvEr_SnAkE
    SiLvEr_SnAkE Posts: 180
    edited July 2007
    Two(ish)
    Orange Patriot (sig) some changes to be made soon though:- 66s & e.13 single ring/device.
    I also have a Spesh Hardrock that I haven't ridden for ages :)
    I'M RATHER PATRIOTIC
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    I got :-
      1999 Marin B17 (full-susser) = Wales :twisted: 2007 Carrera Fury (hardtail) = England :P 2006 Raleigh (road bike) = Boring :oops:
    I'll sort some piccies l8r (you can see the Marin in my gallery below)
  • olli c
    olli c Posts: 16
    I have two myself my fusion freak for raggin off road and a giant road bike :oops: for time triling and to keep my dad happy, ive also got a kona dawg frame which need re-homing. However in my fammilly of 5 we have about 11 bikes and 1 tandem. Thats after i just sold two. Sorry no pics though.
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    Road bike that sits mostly on the Turbo, Rigid MTB that mostly goes to the shops and pub.
    Hopefully No. 3 a hardtail MTB will be here in a week or so :D
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Giant TCR1 2004 Ultegra Triple...best-bike, TT's and long rides.
    1949 Holdsworth 531 plain-gauge fixed wheeler(since 1983) retired to Turbo duties
    Mid-late 1980's 531 MTB tubing Evans/Saracen MTB (Commuting duties)
    1990's 531 ST British Eagle Touristique skip-rescue restoration project.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • paulf2007
    paulf2007 Posts: 341
    ok here goes. Airborne titanium road bike dripping with USE carbon bits and hed 3 spoke carbon wheels.
    Airborne black widow titanium hardtail.
    Giant trance advanced.
    Giant anthem team.
    GT zaskar le single speed.
    Versus trigger downhill/freeride bike.
    Oyama folding bike
    and finally the big O, monowheel. Dont have pictures of all, will try to post some today.
    heres a link to the monowheel ( video) and the trigger.
    http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s23/ ... dtab=video
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478

A 2006 Spesh Endruo Expert for Trails and general going to the shops duties and
    A 2007 Norco A-line for DH.
  • rob cole
    rob cole Posts: 706
    at the moment, just two

Mythic Chaparral for freeride

premium Josh harrington for bmx

but you can see my previous bikes here: http://www.robcole.co.uk/bikes.htm
    check out my riding - www.robcole.co.uk Banshee Factory Team rider, Da Kine UK Team rider, www.freeborn.co.uk www.eshershore.com
  • al_yrpal
    al_yrpal Posts: 102
    Here goes:-

My Giant SCR 3 road bike. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/3398 ... bd13b4.jpg This is the bike I restarted cycling with last September after a gap of 50 years. I used to race and time trial a bit in the Juniors at 15.

On being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I was told that losing weight and exercise would hold back the the disease. I used the Giant for a 250 mile trip around Arran, Islay, Jura and Bute – the Inner Hebrides. Over the next few months I lost 10% of my body weight, and cycled 20 miles at least 4 times a week and my sugars and cholesterol declined to almost normal. (Trying to lose some more weight)

My Carrera Kraken Hardtail. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/126/3398 ... b83b_b.jpg Cycling around ‘cyclists heaven’ (the traffic free Southern part of the Chilterns), I got interested in the bridle ways. There are literally hundreds of these, some as long as 10Km. So on Boxing Day morning I legged it to the Halfords sale and picked up this little beauty for £200. It’s a cracking bike and as well as exploring our excellent local network of natural paths and tracks I fitted easy rolling tyres and did a 9 day 430 mile tour of the Outer Hebrides (Barra, Eriskey, North and South Uist, Harris and Lewis) and Skye in that good weather that blessed us at the end of April. When loaded with panniers this bike is as solid as a rock and very comfy. It’s a great MTB too.

My Cannondale Rush 2000. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/555 ... 796d_b.jpg I had intended to get a full susser at some later stage, and a chance visit to a Portsmouth bike shop threw this one up unexpectedly. It’s a Cannondale Test Bike and it has quite a few dings and scratches during what must have been a hard early life, although all the mechanics are sweet as a nut. It cost much less than half price. The Carbon Lefty fork and the RP3 never need adjusting or locking out. It has enabled me to easily get up off road hills that defeated me on the Kraken. As a racer, its probably lost on me, but at 27lbs, with its Shimano combined gears and brakes it’s a great ride. As well as jaunts on my own, I cycle with the local CTC a bit, and with our Dr’s Tuesday evening MTB jaunts from the local surgery. The age range is teenage to 68, and we do up to 20 miles off road, always ending up at the pub.

I am glad I started cycling again, and I wish more blokes of my age discovered the joys of Mountain Biking.

Al
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Just the two at the moment...

24seven Slacker dirt jump bike
    Fly 3 Amigos BMX

Check my sig for pics of both.

Previous bikes have included WeThePeople Thrillseeker, Fly Pantera and a Terrible One Ruben.

The 24seven is my 1st MTB since I was 14 ('94) when I had a Muddy Fox Alu Laser.

Might start saving for a nice full suss freeride rig soon.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Too many.

err did not really say that did I?

in a useable condition 6. 2 more that need odd bits to make then useable. and 3 frames sitting about.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • blacksun
    blacksun Posts: 381
    Nick, 'lend' me a bike?

I don't own a bike anymore =(
    I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields
  • paulf2007
    al_yrpal wrote:
    Here goes:-

My Giant SCR 3 road bike. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/3398 ... bd13b4.jpg This is the bike I restarted cycling with last September after a gap of 50 years. I used to race and time trial a bit in the Juniors at 15.

On being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I was told that losing weight and exercise would hold back the the disease. I used the Giant for a 250 mile trip around Arran, Islay, Jura and Bute – the Inner Hebrides. Over the next few months I lost 10% of my body weight, and cycled 20 miles at least 4 times a week and my sugars and cholesterol declined to almost normal. (Trying to lose some more weight)

My Carrera Kraken Hardtail. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/126/3398 ... b83b_b.jpg Cycling around ‘cyclists heaven’ (the traffic free Southern part of the Chilterns), I got interested in the bridle ways. There are literally hundreds of these, some as long as 10Km. So on Boxing Day morning I legged it to the Halfords sale and picked up this little beauty for £200. It’s a cracking bike and as well as exploring our excellent local network of natural paths and tracks I fitted easy rolling tyres and did a 9 day 430 mile tour of the Outer Hebrides (Barra, Eriskey, North and South Uist, Harris and Lewis) and Skye in that good weather that blessed us at the end of April. When loaded with panniers this bike is as solid as a rock and very comfy. It’s a great MTB too.

My Cannondale Rush 2000. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/555 ... 796d_b.jpg I had intended to get a full susser at some later stage, and a chance visit to a Portsmouth bike shop threw this one up unexpectedly. It’s a Cannondale Test Bike and it has quite a few dings and scratches during what must have been a hard early life, although all the mechanics are sweet as a nut. It cost much less than half price. The Carbon Lefty fork and the RP3 never need adjusting or locking out. It has enabled me to easily get up off road hills that defeated me on the Kraken. As a racer, its probably lost on me, but at 27lbs, with its Shimano combined gears and brakes it’s a great ride. As well as jaunts on my own, I cycle with the local CTC a bit, and with our Dr’s Tuesday evening MTB jaunts from the local surgery. The age range is teenage to 68, and we do up to 20 miles off road, always ending up at the pub.

I am glad I started cycling again, and I wish more blokes of my age discovered the joys of Mountain Biking.

Al
    nice one al, great to see you haven't grown up yet and still out there, but you really should stop "hanging" around in toilets
  • daxion
    daxion Posts: 104
    Like a lot of others, I have two bikes (4 actually).

2006 Spesh S-Works Enduro built from frame up. spent around 2k-2.5k (so far) for all mountain riding

2005 Scott Nitrous 20 frame - Avid Codes 8", RS Totems e13 LG1 spent around 2k
    For FR/DH
    Pics and desc on my website www.heretic-sports.info

Wife has a Spesh FSR XC Pro with FOX vans.

BTW my other two bikes are Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo and Hayabusa GSXR1300
    Dave - Spin instructor
    Nick, 'lend' me a bike?

I don't own a bike anymore =(

sorry i have actually just lent one out for the Swedish 4X champs.

must be a good bike as the last time he borrowed it he broke his collar bone!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • hamboman
    hamboman Posts: 512
    impished wrote:
      1999 Marin B17 (full-susser) = Wales :twisted:

I thought a B17 was a hardtail?!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    hamboman wrote:
    impished wrote:
      1999 Marin B17 (full-susser) = Wales :twisted:

I thought a B17 was a hardtail?!

was a fully, is now a HT.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Just got the one, but I've had it for 18 years :cool:

1989 Kona Fire Mountain
    854893576_7268c487d1.jpg
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • shadybean
    shadybean Posts: 10
    Got 3 I ride, 2 MTBs and one road, specs in my signature. The Whyte is '05, Maxlight '03, Giant '94 (i think)

Haven't got any pics but they'll end up going up at some point.

Then I have a '99 Scott Tampico frame, '98 Ribble, and my dad has a Giant NRS and an Orange 5. Nice :-)
  • Ronstanson
    Ronstanson Posts: 178
    Til yesterday, I had none in a rideable state.

Then I fixed up my fixie road bike, picked up some brakes for my Spesh Hardrock Cromo SS (10 years old in September), and picked up the rear wheel for this bad boy-

CommyRohloff002.jpg

Just waiting for my Evil Sovereign frame and bits to finish that off (also going to be Rohloff'd) and picking up a Trek USPS roadie tonight.

I now have more bikes than I rightly know what to do with :?[/img]
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    I have an 07 Marin Indian Fire Trail (link in sig)

A Mongoose Ritual BMX/jump rig

Am currently building a dirt/street rig with Static Plan B Frame, Argyles, halo rims so far, should be finished in a month or so
  • Mr bump
    Mr bump Posts: 369
    Three, Specialized enduro a Trek Session 10 and a Specialized P2. I have no idea how to add pictures.
    Eagles may fly high but Weasels dont get sucked into jet engines.

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/4466/pbpic4466217.jpg
  • paulf2007
    Ronstanson wrote:
    Til yesterday, I had none in a rideable state.

Then I fixed up my fixie road bike, picked up some brakes for my Spesh Hardrock Cromo SS (10 years old in September), and picked up the rear wheel for this bad boy-

CommyRohloff002.jpg

Just waiting for my Evil Sovereign frame and bits to finish that off (also going to be Rohloff'd) and picking up a Trek USPS roadie tonight.

I now have more bikes than I rightly know what to do with :?[/img]
    is that picture of your supreme in the peaks?
  • i-drive
    i-drive Posts: 527
    currently two allthogh its one more than i really need
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Three at the moment, probably got enough parts to build another one.

Single speed commuter/pub bike:
    pbpic537081.jpg

XC Bike, in the process of adding new parts:
    pbpic1148517.jpg

Freeride/DH/4X bike:
    pbpic887611.jpg
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • Ronstanson
    Ronstanson Posts: 178
    Paul- yep, the beast, just before the gate, yesterday evening.
  • rideitgood
    rideitgood Posts: 1,183
    This is the dh rig, whihc I love very much :) (my apols for the picture quality)
    pbpic1415230.jpg
    This is my hardtail-
    pbpic1155906.jpg
    My bmx (spesh fatboy vegas)
    pbpic1030046.jpg

I have more, but not upto date pictures :P
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    bmx (a fit one)
    dmr rhythm that a mate is borrowing till they get a charge iron
    marin alpine trail 2006
    looking at building up a marin quake frame and swapping the alpine trail frame for a santa cruz chameleon frame.

looks like i got a similar line up to rideitgood
  • al_yrpal
    al_yrpal Posts: 102
    Hi Snooks,

That looks like Swinley Forest, I went there once. It has all the charm of erm.....Bracknell!?

Paul,

Thats not just any toilet, its at Rothesay and it won the UK award for the best public toilet in the UK more than once, and, it costs 15p to get in! It could be said to full of old farts (well, one at least)

Al