Do all road riders blow goats?

Comments

• ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    Can someone tell me
    why do MTB ers think there better than roadies?
    no really, why?
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Probably the same reason roadies think they're better than MtBers, mechanical engineers think they're better than aerospace engineers, the army think they're better than the navy, mac users think they're better than windows users, aerospace engineers think they're better than mechanical engineers, scientists think they're better than artists, the navy think they're better than the army, windows users think they're better than mac users and artists think they're better than scientists.

Whenever you can split something into two camps, either camp will be certain that they're better than the other. Or, at the very least, a noisy minority will.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    what if you ride both sorts of bike?
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Then, apparently, you think you're better than you think you are.

Which sounds far less ridiculous now I've written it down...
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    what if you ride both sorts of bike?

http://murl.se/26475

george
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Absolutely brilliant george :lol: .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Big Red S wrote:
    Then, apparently, you think you're better than you think you are.

Trust me I don't :lol:
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    Big Red S wrote:
    Probably the same reason roadies think they're better than MtBers, mechanical engineers think they're better than aerospace engineers, the army think they're better than the navy, mac users think they're better than windows users, aerospace engineers think they're better than mechanical engineers, scientists think they're better than artists, the navy think they're better than the army, windows users think they're better than mac users and artists think they're better than scientists.
    Mac user, scientist and MTBer here. I'm definitely the champion :D
  • PHlL
    PHlL Posts: 21
    hi that video of the slapping has anyone else notised he reaches into the monitour with his right hand and somehow slaps with his left lol... watch carefully!

:lol:
  • Regulator
    Regulator Posts: 417
    Big Red S wrote:

Whenever you can split something into two camps, either camp will be certain that they're better than the other. Or, at the very least, a noisy minority will.

When everyone knows the Navy are miles better than the Army.... :D
    Regulator wrote:
    Big Red S wrote:

When everyone knows the Navy are miles better than the Army.... :D

One big band of Happy Campers :roll: :twisted: .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    Yes, and all roadies are superior beings. MTBs were invented for those who can't follow white lines, or cannot balance on skinny tyres. And there are a lot of you out there.
  • Red Lemon
    pliptrot wrote:
    Yes, and all roadies are superior beings. MTBs were invented for those who can't follow white lines, or cannot balance on skinny tyres.
    Judging by the wide berth I have to give you roadies when I'm in my car, most of you have trouble following white lines. As for balance? Haha, right. Anyone who has ever watched an average roadie teeter and wobble as they approach a red light (on the rare occasion they bother to stop) will know that's BS...

MTBs were invented for those who actually want a technical challenge in their riding :D

*runs for cover*
  • I love intelectual arguements about sex with animals

Oh, and we know that keep a 2 wheeled bike gripped to tarmac round a bend is easier than when on a dirt surface :D

I should know, I used to be a roadie :shock:
    quote "Whyamihere"
    You're one freaky fucking bastard Phil.
  • Patrick Stevens
    Patrick Stevens Posts: 13,398
    I love intelectual arguements about sex with animals

Oh, and we know that keep a 2 wheeled bike gripped to tarmac round a bend is easier than when on a dirt surface :D

How on earth have you managed over 125,000 posts? :shock: :shock:
  • Red Lemon
    I've said it before: he's not one person, he's a team of oompa loompas and trained chimpanzees.
  • Patrick Stevens
    Red Lemon wrote:
    I've said it before: he's not one person, he's a team of oompa loompas and trained chimpanzees.

I've often wondered if some of the C+ soapboxers had an autoposter (yes gillan, I mean you!) because even if you commented on the weather, capitalism would instantly be blamed) but 125,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er, he's not doing life is he? :wink:
  • Red Lemon
    No, I think he only has about 2 years left on his setence.
  • Patrick Stevens
    Red Lemon wrote:
    No, I think he only has about 2 years left on his setence.

But the conditions he's being kept in must be inhuman. After all, both hands chained to the keyboard. :shock: :shock: Has he been granted extra links?
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725

your eyesight must be failing Patrick (any idea why this would be? :lol::wink: ) as it would appear the number of posts is 1,257,775 !!!
  • Patrick Stevens
    Noodley wrote:

your eyesight must be failing Patrick (any idea why this would be? :lol::wink: ) as it would appear the number of posts is 1,257,775 !!!

Good grief, you're right. Is it really Rothbook, who's managed to avoid being banned in the more liberal regime of an MTB forum?
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    [
    Good grief, you're right.

normal service :wink::lol:
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    edited July 2007
    Noodley wrote:
    [

Consolidated posts for all identities?
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Patrick Stevens
    Noodley wrote:
    [

Consolidayed posts for all identities?

That would put Toomey/Bimbly well ahead of everyone. :wink:
  • TSawyer
    TSawyer Posts: 721
    He hasn't actually posted that much. :roll:
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Peyote wrote:
    Red Lemon wrote:
    Please tell me the work was published :D

If the truth be told, I'm having a bit of difficulty finding a suitable journal. It's also taking quite while to peel apart my field notes...

:wink:

Here you go, get submitting!
    http://www.jir.com/
    The Journal of Irreproducible Results!

On the subject of goat sex, one of the great Finnish rally drivers was out on a test drive. Had stopped near a herd of goats and heard what he assumed, from the noise,was his teammate's car coming, so for a bit of light amusement, dropped his kecks and simulated sex with a goat.
    Around the bend comes not his teammate, but the goats' owner in some clapped-out tractor with no silencer!
    As to roadies blowing goats, nope, but Welsh MTBers definately shag sheep! :D
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Hahaha, awesome.

I must make more topics...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Peyote wrote:
    Red Lemon wrote:
    Please tell me the work was published :D

If the truth be told, I'm having a bit of difficulty finding a suitable journal. It's also taking quite while to peel apart my field notes...

:wink:

Here you go, get submitting!
    http://www.jir.com/
    The Journal of Irreproducible Results!

On the subject of goat sex, one of the great Finnish rally drivers was out on a test drive. Had stopped near a herd of goats and heard what he assumed, from the noise,was his teammate's car coming, so for a bit of light amusement, dropped his kecks and simulated sex with a goat.
    Around the bend comes not his teammate, but the goats' owner in some clapped-out tractor with no silencer!
    As to roadies blowing goats, nope, but Welsh MTBers definately shag sheep! :D

and animal sex is Legal in Sweden as long as the Animal does not suffer any harm!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Is that why you're there?

Suppose with your wand, you couldn't hurt anything. :roll: :D
  • pigman
    pigman Posts: 76
    just joined ... what a larf. Don't keep it up tho' - i've got work to do here!

re the guy from amsterdam, who went on about calorific content - he might just know the facts. Remember chickenboy rides for a dutch squad and was doing well on it until last nite. Is it a legal substance, or might that be what was in the alleged racing shoes?

Yes, roadies blow goats - MTBers blow each other.