Cyclists and 4x4s..........

124»

Comments

• Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

Yes. But if I had been going faster I wouldn't have been there when he pulled out. (but may have hit a few cars further up the road instead!)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

this is a wind-up, right? You don't actually take this line. Do you?

• Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

Yes. But if I had been going faster I wouldn't have been there when he pulled out. (but may have hit a few cars further up the road instead!)

Of course it was, which is why I added the bit in brackets. Now if you replace cars with squirrels...
  • Cretin
    Cretin Posts: 266
    Excellent idea. You could have the Prodrive one-off that Clarkson drove, didn't he say that the turbo wastegate sounded like the engine was sucking in squirrels? That should be perfect for me.
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

Of course it was, which is why I added the bit in brackets. Now if you replace cars with squirrels...

I thought so. Then again, you are an intelligent man.

There is however a cretin between these two posts who actually thinks that it is a sustainable argument.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

There is however a cretin between these two posts who actually thinks that it is a sustainable argument.

To be fair, ransos' ridiculous conclusion was asking for an equally ridiculous response.

I've only ever been in one accident.
    I was hit in the rear whilst I was stationary.
    If I had been travelling faster the accident would have been less severe or may not have happened at all.

See, it's easy to form ridiculous conclusions, even though the above four lines are all true.[;)]

Wheelies ARE cool.
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • ransos
    ransos Posts: 380
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MattBlackBigBoysBMX</i>

To be fair, ransos' ridiculous conclusion was asking for an equally ridiculous response.

If I had been travelling faster the accident would have been less severe or may not have happened at all.

See, it's easy to form ridiculous conclusions, even though the above four lines are all true.[;)]

Wheelies ARE cool.
    What ridiculous conclusion? That speed increases the severity of an accident? Were you asleep during physics lessons?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ransos</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MattBlackBigBoysBMX</i>

Wheelies ARE cool.
    What ridiculous conclusion? That speed increases the severity of an accident? Were you asleep during physics lessons?

Did you read my post?
    Some would say it proves that speed reduces the severity of an accident. At least it would have in my circumstance.
    It's you that needs to wake up.

Wheelies ARE cool.
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • ransos
    ransos Posts: 380

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ransos</i>

Wheelies ARE cool.

Did you read my post?
    Some would say it proves that speed reduces the severity of an accident. At least it would have in my circumstance.
    It's you that needs to wake up.

Wheelies ARE cool.
    You're drawing a conclusion that is not supported by what I said. I can only assume you were asleep during reading lessons too.
  • Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    what you are saying in your example Matt is that it is safer to always keep moving, not really practical on todays roads with all the traffic and that.