• Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    Oh, Pauly, so MANLY!

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbrook</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>

Someone who thinks that the only time speed can be included in an crash statistic is when that speed is over the limit, With half-wits like this in the SS, what hope does it have!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Cameras can't possibly do anything about inappropriate speed under the limit. YOU KNOW THAT. YOU'RE A LIAR AND A FRAUD. YOU HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS. KILLER.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The SS have their main aim as discrediting speed enforcement. Of course cameras have something to do with inappropriate speed under the limit. Much as the Drink Drive legal level of alcohol has an effect on alcohol levels of the driving population as a whole.

You obsession with wanting to drive at a speed you choose is where the blood is. Your constant attacks on law enforcement is where the blood is. Remove the log from your eye before making up motes in others'.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • The Endorser
    The Endorser Posts: 191
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>The SS have their main aim as discrediting speed enforcement.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Calling them the 'SS' is quite apt, as RPU are referre to as 'The Taliban' by their colleagues!

<i><b>Eating baby elephants since 1969</b></i>
    <i><b>Commute - you might even enjoy it!</b></i>
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Can you imagine what it's like to die trapped in a burning car? Or be disfigured and paralysed for the rest of your life? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually, rothbook's got a point there.

WARNING, not for the weak-hearted, the link below shows the terrible consequences of disfigurement:

http://tinyurl.com/3968np

<i> VOMITS </i>
  • Tourist Tony
    They've locked my Pauly! I won't get to hear the sounf of little ponytails flailing about!

And that's my chance of a shag gone.

• Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">knowing apart from anything else that some of the trolls are so unhinged that they may otherwise track the mods down and do something unpleasant to them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Like the previous incident abetted by Safe<i></i>Speed where the staff were bombarded with personal emails then?

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Tourist Tony
    "Abetted"? Organised, more like.

• bad company
    bad company Posts: 2,293
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cunobelin</i>

[Like the previous incident abetted by Safe<i></i>Speed where the staff were bombarded with personal emails then?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Are you sure that's right[?] I have been a member os S\Speed for some years and I can say that I was not asked to post anything on this site or any other.

I AM THE STIG - HONEST
    I AM THE STIG - HONEST
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Are you sure that's right I have been a member os S\Speed for some years and I can say that I was not asked to post anything on this site or any other. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Disagree with Sm1th?

He will harrass and intimidate any forum moderators who allow posts that dare criticise him:

Thanks.

I've sent the following email:

Original Message
    Subject: Libel on EDP forums
    Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:56:25 +0100
    Organization: Safe Speed
    To: peter.franzen@archant.co.uk

Hiya,

I'm sorry to bother you with this, but it appears that a poster in your forums
    has made some libellous statements about me and my work. This is the link I've
    been sent:
    http://new.edp24.co.uk/forums/shwmessag ... eID=170570

I believe that the same individual has made similar libellous claims before
    and has been banned from other forums.

I would appreciate it if you would be kind enough to get them removed
    immediately.

noname.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2379&highlight=edp

There's no libel there at all, just a considered rebuttal of Sm1th's lies.

Sm1th's reponse?

Throws tantrums and demands the poster who dares criticise him gets banned.

Luckily the EDP mods are not easily cowed and told Sm1th to go boil his head.
  • Tourist Tony
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bad company</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cunobelin</i>

[Like the previous incident abetted by Safe<i></i>Speed where the staff were bombarded with personal emails then?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Are you sure that's right[?] I have been a member os S\Speed for some years and I can say that I was not asked to post anything on this site or any other.

I AM THE STIG - HONEST
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Earlier this year one poster, to whom I linked, asked if it was time "to close the forum down again". Smith replied by posting e-mail addresses for Future staff.
    The barking-mad Swiss Scientologists recently posted more comments about their campaign. But then even you, BC, must agree that yjay family is certifiable.

• Speed cameras are bad road safety policy. The DfT should instead be focussing on driver quality. The only way to get back the safest roads in the world is to scrap speed cameras, which symbolise the current failure, and get back to what matters about road safety.

Cyclists tend to get in the way and so cycling should be banned except where essential.