Lefty characteristics

13»

Comments

• Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    Hmm... more like, we'll spin you a different line... I take several pinches of salt with Spiked, the same as any other 'we'll tell you the real truth' publications. They did ask me to be in one of their debates though, but I was busy...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

Yes, Spiked rose from the ashes of Living Marxism and all that denial-of-Serb-death-camps type of loveliness...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I take it that Living Marxism was the denier of Serb death camps publication? The tone of Spiked is much more of the we'll-tell-you what-the-mainstream- media-doesn't-like-to-tell-you-ilk.

More '"Whatever the mainstream media agree with, we disagree with. Just for the hell of it".

Good website, though.
  • Ahh..........well I'd better get it off my favourites list PDQ before anyone in Llangollen finds out, as otherwise I'll never get into Rotary.
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

Pomposity
    Que! that's so funny! I'm laughing so much that I may lose my dinner. Thankyou, O Seer of Llangollen, you've rescued a rubbish day. Now I have to calm down before Mrs L2 asks me if I need physical assistance.
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    I've never heard of this Spiked mag. It sounds like it's half way between Private Eye and the Spectator (both of which I'm partial to). Must get a copy next time I'm in the UK.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

I've never heard of this Spiked mag. It sounds like it's half way between Private Eye and the Spectator (both of which I'm partial to). Must get a copy next time I'm in the UK.

It's online - just Google it.
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    Thanks.