Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2024 ***Spoilers***

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,466
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor

Looks like the early break may have formed fairly quickly. Most of the small no-hoper etams like Bingoal, TotalEnergies and errrr.... Soudal Quickstep are represented. Danny "could do with a Tuk" Tuuk potato hunting

• No_Ta_Doctor
  • No_Ta_Doctor

First TV pics and it's looking dry at the mo, everyone wrapped up warm

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,029
    edited April 21

I'm running for president of the UCI

I'm running a single issue campaign

Route profiles to be marked in km to go.

I trust I have your vote.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,114
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,307

i am missing all of this as I have a 3pm children’s party.

Do put somewhere in the thread if it’s worth watching on catch up tomorrow

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,114

I'd suggest putting it in the non-spoiler thread so you don't have to look here.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,189

Just switched on and slightly disappointed to find Pog hasn’t gone solo yet.

• Pross

Very cold, if I read the graphic properly earlier the maximum is about 7 degrees and lowest around 3 degrees. Commentary just said windchill is bad and what looks like rain that has just started is actually sleet.

• No_Ta_Doctor
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,614

Nice recap ...upto date now thank you . Leaving UAE to do all the work?

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Some innocuous crashes

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,046

Moto on the right caused the big pile up according to French TV, I couldn't see it.

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors

No mercy from the front group after that bundle

• mididoctors

Healy looking good

• Pross

They initially thought that on ES but then there was a head on shot that showed an Arkea rider losing it on a speed bump. The parked moto didn’t cause it.

• mididoctors

MvdP really losing out

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,184

Pidcock behind the MVDP group.

• mididoctors

Shame pidcock got caught up with a mechanical....

• No_Ta_Doctor
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,822

This would be more interesting if MDVP and Pogacar were the other way around

• Pross

It’s like the biggest ever team pursuit

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,046

MvdP cracking

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Pross

It’s good for Bernal. Pidders going for the bridge, MVDP can’t follow. Possible panic move but no other option really.

• mididoctors

MvdP still.got Roubaix in his legs

• Pross

Not sure what Vansevenant is up to. Why not just work smoothly with Pidcock? They’ve closed about 20” but now stalled and Gregoire has got to them.

• Pross

Not convinced by the time gaps. The VDP group look closer to the Pidcock group than Pidcock does to the lead group.

• Pross

Looks like both groups will now come back but Pidcock will have put in much more effort.

• mididoctors

Think he thought he was on the back of the convoy and was going for the car

• mididoctors

MvdP may get back too if there is a pause with pidcock making it back