Comments

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

How to screw up a good start....

4-1 after 1

23-1 after 2

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422

England currently at 11 rpo after 5 overs... which would be a very decent lick in a T20. The Lancs-Notts T20 I went to last night was slower, Notts 6.55rpo for their 20 overs which Lancs chased at 9.38rpo

• JimD666

Apparently they are calming down the "bazball" approach as well.

How many would they have if they'd been trying!?

• bobmcstuff
    edited July 18

Well it has slowed down a bit now, they are at just over 7 an over now.

What they said was more about playing the situation and soaking up pressure, so I guess they'd say they were just playing the situation... which was pretty crap bowling really till they changed the bowlers.

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,804

Maybe they got mixed up and thought there was a powerplay.

• Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492

Poor shot from Root there. No idea what he was trying to do so far outside off.

• bobmcstuff

If WI could actually take catches, this game would look a lot different...

• bobmcstuff

See if Brook gets out to a short ball again... or if he's learned his lesson. He needs to work on that.

• bobmcstuff
    edited July 19

Looks very flat today... Least amount of swing in a decade, apparently.

• bobmcstuff

Conditions, wicket - looks a great day for batting.

They've done well to get these two wickets, Louis tempted into a big hit against Bashir and Brathwaite bounced out by Atkinson (which was really nice bowling and field setting to be fair)

• bobmcstuff

Looks like an incredible day to be there

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750

Not related to Anderson being able to swing an orange. (Boycott catchphrase)

• JimD666

Thank duck thats over with

• bobmcstuff
    edited July 21

Couldn't believe how many they got at the end. I was out riding, saw they were 9 down and 30 behind and thought we'd close out a small lead, then got back to find they were 40 ahead...

What lead do we think is enough?

• JimD666

400 should be enough. Would be happier with 450.

Bat through till tea (hopefully) then have todays last session and all day tomorrow to bowl them out.

Easy

Hopefully 😋

• bobmcstuff

Yeah 400 would be great... not sure if it's needed though! Trying to find what the average 4th innings score at Trent Bridge is, surprisingly difficult.

Highest ever 4th innings score appears to be 440 (New Zealand, 1973). Next behind that was only 345 (also New Zealand, 1983). Then a few round the 300 mark.

• JimD666

I think it depends which Windies batting team turns up for the 2nd innings. If they bat like they did at Lords then we've got enough already. If the bat in a similar manor to the 1st innings here then it could get interesting.

Ebony on TMS wondering if an declaration with a lead around 350-375 to give the Windies a carrot to chase could make for a very interesting last few sessions.

Stokes has a bit of form in giving the opposition a carrot.....

• bobmcstuff

Hmm, I'd think 350 will be too much either way as it would be the second highest 4th innings score at TB.

In an ideal world I'd bat through to tea when the lead should be 400ish then get the evening session and all day tomorrow at them I reckon

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391

How times have changed with an assumption that England can survive a session and a bit with 7 wickets in hand.

• bobmcstuff

Well, there's always a collapse on the horizon with England... they lost 3 for 19 then...

• Pross

Yeah thought it was risky to be talking about declaration totals with England’s history.

• JimD666

I do rather enjoy hearing Carlos Brathwaite on TMS. He's got away to go to reach the hights of "Whispering Death" himself but he has potential

• Pross

I always used to enjoy the female commentator with the strong Caribbean accent. Was she Donna Symmonds?

• bobmcstuff

385 to win. Would be comfortably the 2nd highest 4th innings chase at TB.

• JimD666

Windies started well but they've now lost three quick wickets.

Free tickets for tomorrow if anyone is in the vicinity

• JimD666

4 down.

There may not be any play tomorrow at this rate

• bobmcstuff
    edited July 21

Make that 4

Cracking work from Smith behind the stumps.

• JimD666

Now 5 down

Game done.

• bobmcstuff

That's the game now surely.