Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

They needed 30 of 30 with 6 wickets left. They should of won TBH.

Klaasen getting out straight after the break for Pant receiving treatment was key

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422

Yeah they should have walked it really, run a ball for 5 overs. Klaasen shouldn't have played at that ball, it was right on the wide line.

I think SA are a batter or two light - if you look at any of the other top sides they are batting all the way down to 7 or 8, but with SA they have a very long tail, which puts a lot of pressure on Klaasen etc.. Adding a good all rounder somewhere in the middle would really balance the side out.

• bobmcstuff

Absolute thrashing by England women today again. Much more enjoyable to watch than the football...

• bobmcstuff

Anderson seems to be in decent nick - currently 3-7 off 6 up at Southport. Looks very busy for a chilly Tuesday!

• bobmcstuff

Make that 5-13

• Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492

I bet all the first division batters are welcoming him retiring from internationals

• bobmcstuff

I thought that game would be a draw as there's only today and tomorrow left, but if Lancs can get the last 5 for not very much and enforce the follow-on... Although tomorrow looks pretty wet.

• Tashman

6-19 from his opening 10 over spell! Not bad for an oldie

• bobmcstuff

"Nathan Lyon gets a whirl before lunch.

Between them, Lyon and James Anderson have 1,230 Test wickets, which makes today's Lancashire XI the side with the most combined Test wickets in history.

Lancashire and Sussex had a combined 1,046 during their match in 2007 which was the previous best - with Muttiah Muralitharan accounting for well over half of those."

Pretty impressive for Southport... I went to see the first day of the county champs, purely because I wanted to see Lyon's first ball in county cricket at Old Trafford... It was really windy, the Friday had been a washout, and there were maybe 800-1000 people in the crowd.

• bobmcstuff

Anderson now on a 7-fer, lol. 7-30 off 15.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391

When he retired from England some people were saying it was about time and effectively tat he'd been taking a place from a younger bowler. I would love to know what younger bowlers they felt could take the place from him on merit. For me he should still be playing for England.

• bobmcstuff
    edited July 2

He's still as good as anyone in English conditions (he's never been as good in Australia anyway).

The idea that there is no chance of him going to Australia for the next Ashes in winter 2025 - which even he admits freely - and therefore they need to get experience on other bowlers before then, seems pretty reasonable to me.

Notts have a pretty handy 10th wicket partnership now. They appear to have lost the ball into someone's garden :D

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750
  • bobmcstuff

Looking at the squad for WI series they are being pretty ruthless - Bairstow is finally dropped, no Leach (which seems harsh), and no Foakes although he couldn't buy a game.

They're in a weird situation where the keeper (Jamie Smith) and spinner (Bashir) are both not playing for their counties behind Foakes and Leach.

Woakes is back in though.

• bobmcstuff
    edited July 2

No, I would have thought not. The other quicks are Gus Atkinson, Dillon Pennington, and Matthew Potts, who you would assume are who they are looking to.

Woakes is only really good in English conditions... So I would guess he's there as an insurance policy to make sure we can actually take wickets if the rest of them stuff it up...

• Tashman

I think they may be also pinning some hopes on Archer coming back into the red-ball fold too. With his variety he could be useful on the flatter Aussie tracks

• JimD666

I hope your right, but I seriously doubt we'll see him again with the red ball.

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong but he's more fragile than candyfloss

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711

Another world record was almost broken today.

Glamorgan we’re chasing a massive 593 to win, but were all out off the last ball for 592.

Amazingly, it was match tied.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • JimD666

England wrap up a 3-0 victory of New Zealand. Lauren Bell with her first 5fer and NSB doing what NSB does so well, stabilised a rocking ship and made it all look easy

• bobmcstuff

NZ pushed them a lot harder today, made much more of a game of it. I thought they were in a lot of trouble when they went 3 down in the powerplay. Can't believe Bouchier didn't review that LBW though.

• JimD666

Atkinson seems to think this Test cricket malarky is easy....

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977

Two wickets at an average of zero isn't a bad start.

• JimD666

Harry Brook with a world class slip catch off Stokes.

Watching Stokes steaming back in without any sign of pain is awesome

• bobmcstuff
    edited July 10

Incredible catch that.

Jamie Smith has been really good so far.

WI got off to a pretty fast start but at 45-3 off 22 overs now the runs have absolutely dried up - Jimmy with typically miserly economy but Stokes is not going for many either and Atkinson's economy is only 0.4 😁

• JimD666

Atkinson bowling for a maiden test Hattrick and 5fer.....