Giro 2024:- Stage 15: Manerba del Garda – Livigno (Mottolino), 222.0km ***Spoilers***

124»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Sure. You know what I mean though.

• jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 777

All the Eurosport channels have their adverts, cut-offs, etc, at different times, perhaps depending on the anticipated audience. national agreements, etc.

Eitherway, I got to see Tabori ride in even if you didn't - not that it makes much difference.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

As said above, follow the multi audio stream, no ads and no Orla et al.

• jimmyjams

All the Eurosport channels have their adverts, cut-offs, etc, at different times, perhaps depending on the anticipated audience. national agreements, etc.

Eitherway, I got to see Tabori ride in.

• jimmyjams

My first thought was e-bike, but surely the checks are comprehensive?

I don't trust Gianetti.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

While back I was looking at 200k + mountain stages from that era ...winner speeds of 28kph were not unheard of .

The slowest rider today was 30kph

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

At 35.6kph .. tad win at 36.1kph today way longer course

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

Average speed is such a poor indicator of performance, as there are so many factors - temperature, wind, air pressure, precipitation, position of the stage in the race, etc. - that can influence it.

Back in the Armstrong era there were a lot of suspicions and credible evidence that he was doping. There was also no test for EPO still in 2000, and definitely no biological passport, so it was very easy to avoid detection.

I have no idea if Pogacar is on a doping program, and like others I'm incredibly sceptical of the influence of Mauro Gianetti, but we can't tell from the average speed on a stage.

• rick_chasey

Yeah I don’t mean that. Just someone going “cya later” to the main group and just hoovering up fairly punchy breaks with ease.

This has to be one of the least competitive season ever, so far.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

It's all true, but what's mad is he isn't the best three week stage racer.

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Lot of work being done by that "so far".

The Tour has the potential for epic competitiveness. Pog but a touch tired, Jonas but a touch undercooked, Roglic and Remco as well...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey

It better be good as I'm indignant as a consumer.

• mididoctors

I followed multi audio and got a load of finish line interviews

• mididoctors

It feels like the top riders are riding different race calenders

• mididoctors

Is pog stronger than he was in 2022?

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

Roglic was the 'least injured' compared to Remco & Jonas?

No breakages?

Considering he is the oldest by some margin out of the 4 (Including Pog) that could make for quite an entertaining Tour.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,395

Jonas but a touch undercooked

Something of an understatement unless he's got the recovery powers of an Alberto Contador after a broken leg. He only started riding outside last week, and had 3 weeks or so in hospital. Only a miracle recovery puts him in the frame for a podium, and he may not even make the Tour team (but then he does ride for Visma....).

• rick_chasey

Given I barely watch antything post-Tour, I am well into the second half of my cycling season and it's been a shitter, let's be honest.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,395

Disagree. You clearly don't appreciate really top quality individual or team performances. Sure we may have had a pretty good idea of who would win races beforehand, but they still had to go out and execute.

And it's no one elses fault if you switch off before the end of July.

• rick_chasey