Giro 2024:- Stage 15: Manerba del Garda – Livigno (Mottolino), 222.0km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

Where's Storer

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    edited May 19

Stupid forum

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Crazy stuff. So much for Ugo’s prediction that he’d go in the last few kms (and that cat killer was going to have a good day).

• Pross

We need Rich to dig out stats for biggest winning margins. Will he take the final week as a recovery ride or just just keep smashing everyone?

• Pross

Hatch going fully hyperbolic (possibly justified for once)

• mididoctors

Thankfully tiberi got dropped

• mididoctors

Hatch hyperbolic

• mididoctors

Forget the interview. Back to the race FFS

• Pross

Pog looks the freshest of them all despite doing the climb nearly 3 minutes quicker.

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Dear Eurosport, I realise Orla and Blythe think they are the star attraction but we'd like to see where some of the other GC riders came in (eg. Tiberi)

Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors

Go back to the race

• mididoctors
    edited May 19

your 41 with one leg FFS stop

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787

Pog package looking quite impressive as he hopped off the turbo bike. He really does have it all.

• Pross

Do they have the pictures? They only get what the host gives them I thought.

• Pross

Attacking early probably makes sense thinking about it, put that big effort in at a lower altitude rather than in the thinnest air a few kms out.

• Pross

Hopefully Arensman will leap frog Tiberi on Tuesday.

• mididoctors
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706

Multi Audio doesn’t have the Orla show. They definitely have longer post stage coverage.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310

he. went earlier than I expected, but still 13 km to the finish of a 220 km stage, during which nothing much happened, gc wise.

As for Tiberi, it was my hope, rather than a prediction. He will shut your meeuws up one day… he will win big

left the forum March 2023
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762
  • mididoctors

Riders coming in nearly a hour down

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited May 19

The biggest Giro winning margin in the last 50 years is Ivan Basso by 9.18 in 2006. You have to go back to 1965 for a longer winning gap.

Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

He pulled back that time real quick

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976

At one point he admitted that he'd ran out of hyperbole.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976

My brain struggles to compute 1965 as being more than 1/2 a century ago. I know it's true, but the perception...

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Not making a doping accusation.

Last time I saw a ride like this, eating up breaks for breakfast, was 2000 Hautacam

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449