friday entangling squeezed coherent pineapples

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

march enters with a splosh

coffee, wfh, off to l'hôpital, not to be confused with l'hôpital's, get scanned more different ways, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Bonjour les les mérinos mal peigné

march enters with double brr

coffee, wfh... Hang on- Off for a l'hôpital visit?

You okay SG?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Moaning,

Bright and dry 😀 hope it stays this way

Been away WAFH since Tuesday and couldn’t login while away, getting a page doesn’t exist error, very strange, now I’m back no problem – don’t understand that

It’s Friday chill day for me so I’ll just take it as it comes, might even visit the chippy

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Too splashy for my liking. Missus wants to keep child home because some of his friends are off sick but mostly because of the rain! There’s practically a bus stop outside the front door. I used to have to run the 15miles to school barefoot, rain or shine ffs.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod

it's where the scanny things with the fastest availability are, it's the "probably fine, but let's peek, just in case" process

rain still raining

• Sunny and chilly, ride later.

Coffee and toast now.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Off school for rain??? Off school because friends are sick??? What is the world coming to?!

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613

Sounds like there could be another episode of The 4 Yorkshiremen coming along...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Coincidentally I'm off for a hopefully quick meeting with the consultant after my MRI last week. I'm guessing they would have called me by now if there had been a problem, so should be quick.

Bit of work for now and junior is back again this evening with sackfuls of washing as her exams finish today.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Hope everything's OK. I'm sure it's just the soggy February and lack of sunshine.

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi hapus. The kids parade is still going ahead today celebrating everything welsh - mainly rain.

I'm off to Swansea, hoping the car exhaust makes it all the way too.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all on this soggy first day of the month. Weathers put paid to planned riding so doing a few jobs for eldest lad. Hope everything OK SG and Stevo. Kids off school for rain 🤨 really, any excuse nowadays. We're getting to soft.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Early morning gym session was interupted during my second set on the leg press as one of the minions had issues and I then had to leave.

Ferking minions...

Too cold and wet today to do anything

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Mine is mainly ar$e covering by medics - got a moderately high PSA reading so they said I need an MRI just to be safe (I get it that prostate cancer is a nasty thing and it's better to be safe than sorry). This is the third year in a row I've had an MRI for the same reason...

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

You must've made an impression on them the first time to make them ask you back every year

• Stevo_666

My PSA readings seem to do that - just got back from seeing the quack, no problem same as them last 2 years but he wants to do another blood test in 3 months to keep an eye on it. Basically it's middle aged bloke syndrome...

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Aft'noon, me babbers.

Glad to hear your prostate is in fine fettle Stevo. I've an appointment with the dreamy-eyed care assistant nurse next week for more blood tests. I'll suggest she needs to give me an internal examination too but I'll doubt she'll fall for it. One can live in hope though.

Good luck to SG on your scans.

Everytime I go into the Docs it seems to be me reminding them what they called me in for. I just tell them to repeat the last set of tests and to bolt on whatever the most recent requirement was. Might see if they'll do another PSA tis time. I think I'm due.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Decidedly damp here this morning, wimped out and drove in because what's the point of having 2 cars sitting there if I can't use one when the mood takes me. That and a dose of CBA. I offset the lack of riding by expending lots of energy eating a fry up for lunch, that's how it works right? EPO is out tonight so the female child and I will be going to the pub for beer and pizza, well I'll certainly be having a beer at any rate.

Try not to fall asleep in the scanner SG, the twitch as you nod off can make some of the images blurry. Fell asleep whilst having a PET scan once, they said I was clearly quite relaxed about having a scan. Glad yours went well Stevo, should probably get my PSA tested.

• sungod

that's me scanned for the day, ended with "best practice is we now should have you back for a different one", which i interpret as being thorough, rather than "you're doomed! doomed!"

managed to dodge the rain, fitted in lunch with lady friend between scans

looking like tomorrow will be soggy, sigh

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Good luck with the outcome SG.

What scans were they today? MRI or CT? I recall my first CT "with contrast" where they inject a dye into your blood and you feel flushed as it courses around your body leaving you feeling like you've just wet/shat yourself though it's just a sensation. Luckily!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 906

Afternoon.

Currently very, very soggy in Borrowdale. However the day started off fine but there was lots of white stuff on the tops of the hills that wasn’t there yesterday. So myself and Mrs W went for a 12 mile stroll round Derwent water with stop at Boots in Keswick for some Ibuprofen gel. Later will be some eating and drinking.

• sungod

ultrasounds this time

last time i had a ct scan the dye-pump needle pulled back, she'd said it'd sting a bit so i ignored the pain, the radiologist dashed in asking if i was ok, only then did i see the huge cartoonish bulge in my arm, she switched it to the other arm and had another go

a few hours later my entire arm had doubled in size, spent a night napping in a&e waiting to see if it deflated or whether they'd need to operate to reduce the pressure, fortunately it started going down in time

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Good luck on the outcomes of the tests all. Sadly as we get older we have watch out for the big C and BP. I got clobbered with the BP, which is still 💩 and everything they've give me so far either only partially works or sends me to sleep. I think I'm going to call a favour in on my Bupa cover for once and see what they say.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Decent ride, sun disappeared but a chilly headwind. Hard boiled egg and soup for lunch. Wait for the predicted snow to come later.

• Stevo_666
    edited March 1

I like my MRI sessions, an hour lying down dozing with Absolute 80's playing on the headphones. It's the pre scan blood tests that are annoying as I seem to be one of the walking dead - for some reason it's really difficult for the nurses to find a vein in my arm to get a blood sample from so they end up having several goes and I end up looking up like a junkie from all the holes.

• beansnikpoh

Hols booked to cheer us up from the endless downpours. Land of the tabby with Mrs B³, mini and my mother at end of May. Corfu mid June just the two of us. Still a long wait, but something to look forward to.

• pinno
  • pinno
    edited March 1

Yep. Got the T shirt. Odd sensation.

Not as bad as cycle 3 of the chemo. 12 hrs on, 12 hours off, 5 days. They put this red stuff through the Hickman line prior to each 12 hr dose. It was like they were filling your veins up with needles.

• pinno

Is that lady friend going to have a good look too?

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    edited March 1

Not been scanned for a while, seemed to have a run of them back in pre-covid days. Mayhap I'm too young... too old... too off radar to get the 'come for a check' call.

North wind doth blow and it feels c-c-cold. Done with the outside / inside fettling of Things Various, stove is on, I sense a beer a-comin' my way.

And added: first sowing of the season, my favourite Sungold (no not him) tomatoes. It is March after all.

• beansnikpoh

My mum and Mrs B³ will lie down in the sun, get in pool, lie down again. Eat. Go shopping.

I did want to go to Crete so I could look at broken old pots in museums, but tabbyland was 25% cheaper.

• sungod