Creakings, clickings, tickings, clankings and knockings.

1121314151618»

Comments

• I recently bought a new road bike with an 11 Speed Ultegra Drivetrain.

The drivetrain has been really noisy, I cant really figure out what is wrong. It shifts properly and no gear skipping whatsoever.

Anyone has any idea what this noise could be? thx

Di2 or mechanical ? There's a certain way to do di2

Just bought a used road bike from a bike shop about 6 months ago.

I've been getting some weird noises recently from the chain and on some gears it was changing into gear and then slipping out after a few turns of the crank.

It gotten worse and now it is doing this in every gear at almost exactly two rotations of the crank, which is obviously pain in the censored to cycle.

Wondering what the exact problem is or how to fault find it.

Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated

Sounds like you need your gears indexed properly
    Undo the cable tension bolt ,screw the barrel adjuster right in
    Re connect the cable by keeping it taught but not pulling in the mech
    Tighten the bolt to reconnect
    Shift up ,if it moves up your good
    If not use the barrel adjuster until it shifts up

• I had a belter a couple of weeks ago. Riding along I heard something ping off the downtube and then off my shin. Thereafter a curious ticking noise. Watched the chain for a couple of revolutions - no sign of any errant links. Ticking once every rotation of the pedals whether seated or standing and irrespective of which sprocket or chainring. Convinced the BB was on the way out, I soft pedalled home and gave it a good looking at on the workstand. Was about to start faffing with chainring bolts when I spotted a sizeable lump of flint held captive between the chainring spider and the BB but free to clonk about as it rotated. Thought I'd have to take the crank off to free it, but knowing it got in there with the crank in situ I accepted the challenge and
    eventually manipulated it out again. Think I was lucky it didn't do any damage to the carbon tbh