wednesday in the eternal now

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,434
    Can someone explain to me why with the bike on a stand there is 1mm of clearance to the outside of the front derailleur in the big ring/smallest rear but out on the road, the 3 biggest gears rub!!??
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,617

Stevo_666 said:

Went out to find breakfast in the village. I'm bringing the average age down a bit. Everyone says hello, instead of scowling and brandishing a knife. That'll get old quite quickly, as I'm an anti social fcuker.

View from my wfh perch.

You should be able to get some decent cider down there. Major consideration in a house purchase.
    I think we are popping out for a drink later, so I will investigate the cider situation. Somerset/Devon borders, I reckon we are bang in the middle of scrumpy country.

Saw the place earlier - it's enormous. 3 beds, 3 baths, utility room, and a vast vaulted beamed ceilinged living/dining area with a nearly new kitchen. Log burner too, which means I should get an axe and and chainsaw. Pretty much immaculate. Mrs B3 has done herself proud.
    Sounds really good (especially as it was owned by oldies - you normally expect to have to modernise when you buy from pensioners) - got any piccies?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,345
    seanoconn said:

Can someone explain to me why with the bike on a stand there is 1mm of clearance to the outside of the front derailleur in the big ring/smallest rear but out on the road, the 3 biggest gears rub!!??

With the bike in the stand, hold the back wheel still and lean on the pedal and see what happens to that clearance. Adjust as appropriate. Bring it round if you want an extra pair of hands.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,434

seanoconn said:

With the bike in the stand, hold the back wheel still and lean on the pedal and see what happens to that clearance. Adjust as appropriate. Bring it round if you want an extra pair of hands.
    Thanks V. I’ll try that. I’m sure I’ll sort it.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,163
    seanoconn said:

Frame is too flexible. You need a new bike.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Shorts and short sleeves for the ride into work which I regretted. It warmed up for the last 5 minutes at least.

I've upset the puncture fairy, the pub bike had a puncture again this morning after I fixed it last night ready to take out today.

Planning weekend adventures now, riding later then investigating above puncture later. I wanted to make a new pigeon roaster this evening but guess it will have to wait.

You have something just for roasting pigeons?
    I've got an amplifier coming for my radio transmitter, and a directional antenna.
    It's only 50W so they'll probably just discover it's nice and warm and sit there in the way.
    'transmitter' ? Are you radio Luxembourg? Do you own a ship?
    Handy way to contact local doggers?
    They're on channel 18 in case you ever need it :wink:
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Shorts and short sleeves for the ride into work which I regretted. It warmed up for the last 5 minutes at least.

I've upset the puncture fairy, the pub bike had a puncture again this morning after I fixed it last night ready to take out today.

Planning weekend adventures now, riding later then investigating above puncture later. I wanted to make a new pigeon roaster this evening but guess it will have to wait.

I've got an amplifier coming for my radio transmitter, and a directional antenna.
    It's only 50W so they'll probably just discover it's nice and warm and sit there in the way.
    Now that's an idea.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

can't you just use a loud hailer?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Frame is too flexible. You need a new bike.
    Maybe he's too fat and the frame can't take the weight?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Bit of progress on the decking. One mostly done:

One got the frame in place:

One being used as a digging pit by the hounds:

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,396
    Ah - but can you use an axe and a chainsaw?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

can't you just use a loud hailer?
    Or flash your headlights like most people do.
    So I've heard.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Went out to find breakfast in the village. I'm bringing the average age down a bit. Everyone says hello, instead of scowling and brandishing a knife. That'll get old quite quickly, as I'm an anti social fcuker.

View from my wfh perch.

You should be able to get some decent cider down there. Major consideration in a house purchase.
    I think we are popping out for a drink later, so I will investigate the cider situation. Somerset/Devon borders, I reckon we are bang in the middle of scrumpy country.

Saw the place earlier - it's enormous. 3 beds, 3 baths, utility room, and a vast vaulted beamed ceilinged living/dining area with a nearly new kitchen. Log burner too, which means I should get an axe and and chainsaw. Pretty much immaculate. Mrs B3 has done herself proud.
    Sounds really good (especially as it was owned by oldies - you normally expect to have to modernise when you buy from pensioners) - got any piccies?

• beansnikpoh
    edited April 2022
    Pictures taken by Mrs B³ a couple of weeks ago. They don't do the living room justice. There's the same amount of space behind her, and the kitchen.

It's a converted tannery.

Mini and Mrs B³'s friend next door's daughter featuring while gawping at their phones.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I once worked in a Tannery, not a great experience for a veggie :s It might be worth checking the drains if the conversion was not that long ago.
  • beansnikpoh
    webboo said:

I once worked in a Tannery, not a great experience for a veggie :s It might be worth checking the drains if the conversion was not that long ago.

That's what I thought. Mid 90's conversion. No tannery reek.
  • MattFalle

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

View from my wfh perch.

looks v nice - big phat het.

good to see teenagers do what they do best, being on their 'phones.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022

Pictures taken by Mrs B³ a couple of weeks ago. They don't do the living room justice. There's the same amount of space behind her, and the kitchen.

It's a converted tannery.

Mini and Mrs B³'s friend next door's daughter featuring while gawping at their phones.

That's a really handy amount of space.
  • MattFalle
    does the dog get in the way of when you're trying to park?
  • beansnikpoh
    Oh, 8 different ciders in the pub. I had an Otter ale from Honiton instead. With a bit of hake.
  • Stevo_666

Oh, 8 different ciders in the pub. I had an Otter ale from Honiton instead. With a bit of hake.

I guess that seals the deal then. Or it should do :)
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

My dog, not my car, the parking spot for the house though.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Yup, lovely C13th pub. Ciders next time.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,877

Stevo_666 said:

On my way
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,877
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

On my way
    If Pinno isn’t going to celebrate his 60th we might as well
  • veronese68
    B³ dog is cool if it's anything like H³'s dog.
    I'm confused now.
    Just been for beer and curry with the Wednesday night shambles and the lad. A few of them were trying to get us more drinks after the ruby. Thankfully all the pubs were shut, that's what tomorrow me thinks anywho.
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

On my way
    If Pinno isn’t going to celebrate his 60th we might as well
    I celebrated the birthday that should not be mentioned 🍻
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,565

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

View from my wfh perch.

Does look like a nice place! Am I allowed a quibble? I’ve rarely seen anything more deserving of the MF’s trebuchet treatment than that blue lounge suite… 😀

Looks like the previous owners lived on a liquid diet - a food processor and two blenders on the kitchen bench??
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

View from my wfh perch.

Does look like a nice place! Am I allowed a quibble? I’ve rarely seen anything more deserving of the MF’s trebuchet treatment than that blue lounge suite… 😀

Looks like the previous owners lived on a liquid diet - a food processor and two blenders on the kitchen bench??
    The soft furnishings are all going! Special old folk's stuff. I dunno where they get it from.

My brother works as a head chef across a group of old people's homes. Everyone gets more or less the same meal, but liquidised to a greater or lesser degree depending on their ability to chew/ digest.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Ah - but can you use an axe and a chainsaw?

I'll give it a go next time one of Stropteens wannabe boyfriends comes knocking.