Cheapest smart trainer for disc brakes

naavt
naavt Posts: 226
Hi

I’m trying to source a cheap smart trainer for Zwift that can accept a disc equipes bike.

It’s really weird that even manufacturers don’t specify if their trainer can accept disc bikes, but reading all the specs from the cheapests smart trainers from Tacx, Elite or others I can’t seem to find that information.

Can you please share some of the cheapest smart trainers models out there for disc bikes that will work with zwift? Thanks

Comments

• Disc brakes in themselves aren't a limitation, it's finding turbos that work with the hub width and axle type. For example, some turbos are 12x142 bolt thru compatible, but only some supply the required adapter with the turbo.

I was under the impression that https://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo- ... bo-trainer works with 135mm hub and q/r axles, but I cannot see that confirmed in the specs on Halfords' webpage.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    The Elite Direto works with 12x142 thru axles or standard Q/R and disc brakes.
  • The tacx flow works with an adaptor
  • naavt
    naavt Posts: 226
    WobbleBob wrote:
    The tacx flow works with an adaptor

I’ve just toke the opportunity and bought a Tacx Vortex on sale for 280 euros including their matt and tablet support.

Thanks for your tips