Who's to blame in this crash video?

124»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,679
    Video removed by user. Can't imagine why.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just had a quick look on youtube under search "rbc bicycle club"

pheck me there are some appallingly boring videos with some appalling riding standards in them.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Indeed, the very first one I looked at.

rbc_cycle_club.jpg
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    4 abreast, and plenty of other examples in the same video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf07Tbmcwsw

You guys are a bit on the crap side.
  • First.Aspect
    Its getting a bit silly now chaps. Overall these rides all look pretty normal, and sh!t happens on group rides. The issue is that instead of asking "how can we avoid this happening again" they are asking "who's fault was it?"

Looking at the array of jerseys, I'm not sure we are watching club rides, just a group of unaffiliated blokes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Its getting a bit silly now chaps. Overall these rides all look pretty normal, and sh!t happens on group rides. The issue is that instead of asking "how can we avoid this happening again" they are asking "who's fault was it?"

Looking at the array of jerseys, I'm not sure we are watching club rides, just a group of unaffiliated blokes.

it was all their fault. communal incompetence.

i personally wouldn't say these rides look normal - ok, there is some arrogant rubbish tiding by clubbies in big groups around here but nothing that bad. its really bad.

they aren't unaffiliated either - every video from RBC has the same array of jerseys, so it looks like they can wear anything they want whilst riding undrr RBC banner.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • First.Aspect

it was all their fault. communal incompetence.

i personally wouldn't say these rides look normal - ok, there is some arrogant rubbish tiding by clubbies in big groups around here but nothing that bad. its really bad.

they aren't unaffiliated either - every video from RBC has the same array of jerseys, so it looks like they can wear anything they want whilst riding undrr RBC banner.
    Mmm. Perhaps an uncharacteristic outbreak of niceness on my part.

There are "unaffiliated" rides that go out from Edinburgh. The fast group has a number of semi pro and cat 1/2 guys. I would't be able to keep up but I can't imagine that they are choppers. The slow group is sociable and people do things like wait if someone punctures, and stop at lights. The middle ride, which I did 3 or 4 times before giving up group riding for a decade in disgust, is a rabble of people who think they know what they are doing, with a smallish group of people who know what they are doing. Could easily be mistaken for a club ride or, from a distance, a swarm of angry wasps.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,591
    RBC Rider wrote:
    [Thank God, I am not him. Anyway, here are few facts about this video:

- the crash happens on a very empty road, and there is a sprint segment about 1/2 mile ahead.
    - the cameraman and VeloLabs and all the riders behind them try to move to the front at 30mph, passing slower riders on the left
    "the cameraman", makes me suspect they were out there trying to make themselves look good on camera

there're riders from a certain club (who normally ride well), who seemed to lose all sense when accompanied by the guy with the dvcam poking out of the car window, presumably making a club video

moral: if you need to put on an act to look good, you don't look good

reminds me of... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NulgtJrRfPQ
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    RBC Rider wrote:

- the crash happens on a very empty road, and there is a sprint segment about 1/2 mile ahead.
    - the cameraman and VeloLabs and all the riders behind them try to move to the front at 30mph, passing slower riders on the left
    "the cameraman", makes me suspect they were out there trying to make themselves look good on camera

there're riders from a certain club (who normally ride well), who seemed to lose all sense when accompanied by the guy with the dvcam poking out of the car window, presumably making a club video

which club? rbc? do you know them? how do you know they normally ride well?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Does anyone know the actual legality of riding more than two-abreast in the US?
    There seems to be a lot of Vids of both Cycling groups and Motorcycling groups basically riding as they please.
    This doesn't in anyway clear the OPs group for blatantly poor riding.
  • First.Aspect
    Sniper68 wrote:
    Does anyone know the actual legality of riding more than two-abreast in the US?
    There seems to be a lot of Vids of both Cycling groups and Motorcycling groups basically riding as they please.
    This doesn't in anyway clear the OPs group for blatantly poor riding.
    It varies from state to state. There are some articles on this on Velonews. As far as I could tell it is normally two abreast okay, more than that you could be holding up traffic, if there is any. In practice I don't really think it's any different from here. Any more than 0 abreast causes angst.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Utter dogshit riding, the lot of them. Zero roadcraft.

Every single one of you stop group riding until you get a clue.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • sungod wrote:
    RBC Rider wrote:

That Garrett Hill video above is priceless too