TDF 2018, Stage 18: Trie-sur-Baïse > Pau 26/07/2018 - 171 km *Spoilers*

124»

Comments

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Were they not supposed to be introducing agreed areas for rubbish to be thrown?
    Plastic can't be worse than the huge footprint from the cars, buses, lorries, helicopters etc.
    Had to accept that this is a really environmentally unfriendly sport years ago.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ^Do you get many pro-teams visiting there?
    Maybe if they get really lost on theTOB
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Coach H wrote:
    BM5 wrote:
    Cav on itv4
    Was quite good, I thought. He’s not always good at getting his point across but has some interesting observations on the sport.

Team Dimension Data's Mark Cavendish, who fell outside the time limit on stage 11, speaking to ITV2: "I do a different sport to that which Geraint Thomas and Chris Froome do. It is just physiologically impossible to get through some of these stages. I toyed with the idea of coming in super-heavy and super-strong and just going for 10 days and perhaps fell a bit between those two stools.
    "Those Team Sky guys work harder than any one else on the road. To see Geraint grow stronger and stronger and look so comfortable makes me so proud."
    Ha! I know what you mean. I’m not a huge fan of Cav, and was trying to be generous. In amongst the ramblings and gnomic sentences I think there are occasional flashes of insight.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    if they are wearing a pocketless skinsuit well it's easy to legislate on tha.
    If they're wearing a pocketless skinsuit, where did they get the gel from in the first place? In any case, can always shove the wrapper up your shorts.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,008
    BM5 wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ^Do you get many pro-teams visiting there?
    Maybe if they get really lost on theTOB

:lol:
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    TGOTB wrote:
    if they are wearing a pocketless skinsuit well it's easy to legislate on tha.
    If they're wearing a pocketless skinsuit, where did they get the gel from in the first place? In any case, can always shove the wrapper up your shorts.

They tape them to the bottles that get handed up.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    TGOTB wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    I think Sky might have something with this Earth-saving malarkey.
    Anyone else see the irony in covering their kit with logos about ditching plastic, while they're sat on predominately plastic bikes, wearing plastic clothing and probably shoes, with plastic helmets on their heads, using and then discarding 10+ plastic bidons every day, as well as countless plastic gel wrappers?

I don't think there's any other way to do the race, and better they get the message out than not, but still seems rather ironic...

The worst environmental disaster are the flakes off the plastic axes being grinded.